Page 43 of 99 FirstFirst . 33 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 53 . LastLast

Thread: 2021 New Orleans Bowl: LOUISIANA (36) MARSHALL (21)

Default Re: Missing players for bowl rumors

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Was he faking walking around in a boot most of the time?
    So when was he walking around in a boot? Share your knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    They're both important. But it's like taking an entrance test that you can't possibly finish in the time allotted. But you are trying to get into a school club, get a job, or whatever. And what is the known unwritten rule? You get as many answers in as possible because while you don't get points against you for your wrong answers, you lose points by not giving enough right answers. I am telling you it is different for a guy who is a high round draft pick & a guy who is fighting for a later round pick, or a free agent. I can't explain it any plainer except to say Mr. Humphrey does himself & his chances of making it in the NFL no favors at all by not playing in this game unless he is truly hurt. And from what I've gathered, he's not hurt. And I'm not picking on him. I am simply stating facts.
    You made absolutely zero sense in that rambling. I can honestly say anyone playing in the shriner game will have 25x the exposure to NFL scouts . than the Nola bowl which kicks off at 9 pm on the east coast

No, you're wrong. And that's what costs a lot of young men a chance at the next level. I can tell you again the last thing an NFL organization wants to see is a potential low round draft pick, or a free agent come in with the attitude that they aren't willing to put it all on the line for a job. That has always been, is now & will always be the mentality of professional sports. And the number one reason young guys wash out in the NFL is because they think they are too "valuable" to play in a game which proves their loyalty to the team as well as showcasing their talent. There's a huge gulf of difference between projected high round picks & lower round & free agent picks. Anyone who says any different doesn't know jack crap about the NFL & how those guys think.
    I'm sure Bill and McVay call you on draft night for consulting.

4. Default Re: Missing players for bowl rumors

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    I'm sure Bill and McVay call you on draft night for consulting.
    I will take something from another thread . . . If they call him anything, it’s probably a jackass . . .

No, you're wrong. And that's what costs a lot of young men a chance at the next level. I can tell you again the last thing an NFL organization wants to see is a potential low round draft pick, or a free agent come in with the attitude that they aren't willing to put it all on the line for a job. That has always been, is now & will always be the mentality of professional sports. And the number one reason young guys wash out in the NFL is because they think they are too "valuable" to play in a game which proves their loyalty to the team as well as showcasing their talent. There's a huge gulf of difference between projected high round picks & lower round & free agent picks. Anyone who says any different doesn't know jack crap about the NFL & how those guys think.
    How the ____ do you know what NFL executives think? Have you worked for an NFL franchise? You are talking completely out of your ass, and any shred of accuracy you might bump into is akin to a blind pig finding an acorn. Stop ripping one of our best players this season, based solely on your arrogance and lack of any actual expertise or first hand knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    How the ____ do you know what NFL executives think? Have you worked for an NFL franchise? You are talking completely out of your ass, and any shred of accuracy you might bump into is akin to a blind pig finding an acorn. Stop ripping one of our best players this season, based solely on your arrogance and lack of any actual expertise or first hand knowledge.
    Tons of resources for college players to go to nowdays . The draft advisor board , coaches who played in the NFL , former players who played in the NFL. However the only reliable source for draft stock is BWK on RP

7. Default Re: Missing players for bowl rumors

My knowledge comes from people much closer to the program who know more that you.

8. Default Re: Missing players for bowl rumors

The bird knows if you have the right bird . . . some here have come to learn a little about their bird on this topic . . .

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    My knowledge comes from people much closer to the program who know more that you.
    AND GB talked about it on Foote show earlier this week

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    AND GB talked about it on Foote show earlier this week
    Yes. Gerald was who I was referencing.

I guess Kyle knows more than Gerald.

11. Default Re: Missing players for bowl rumors

If we want to continue recruiting and building NFL caliber players, we need to support them in their journey to the pros. Doesn’t matter if we like it or not. Sauce playing on Sundays is WAY more important, for a host of reasons, than him playing Saturday. Same for Max.

I’m disappointed, but totally understand and fully support TH in his quest to change his family forever.

This happens everywhere, it's common in FBS and should not be an issue. We will miss them in the Bowl but it's their decision and I don't see it as a negative towards the team or UL. It's great to have great players, IMO. I hope we have more in the near future.

13. Default Re: Missing players for bowl rumors

Kyle it was reported on this site by one extremely reputable source and then it was followed up on an interview with Gerald Broussard earlier in the week, so quit trying to say things that you know nothing about.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    If we want to continue recruiting and building NFL caliber players, we need to support them in their journey to the pros. Doesn’t matter if we like it or not. Sauce playing on Sundays is WAY more important, for a host of reasons, than him playing Saturday. Same for Max.

I’m disappointed, but totally understand and fully support TH in his quest to change his family forever.
    This is the new reality. Lay it all on the line for a conference championship, anything after that, assuming it isn't a CFP game, is just extra.

There are many reasons why bowls have lost their appeal:

1. Way too many now, so doesn't feel as special.
    2. Way too many now, so matchups are usually uninspiring.
    3. CFP hasn't helped bowl process . nor should it.
    4. Way too many now, there is bowl playing at this moment on a Friday, when people are working, good luck with the TV ratings on that one.

15. Default Re: Missing players for bowl rumors

I hadn't seen it mentioned prior, but Fanof71 says Gerald Broussard said as much on Footes show.
    Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post

Gerald B mentioned on Footes show TH was in a walking boot much of the year.

Page 43 of 99 FirstFirst . 33 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 53 . LastLast

Thread Information