Page 34 of 99 FirstFirst . 24 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 44 . LastLast

Thread: 2021 New Orleans Bowl: LOUISIANA (36) MARSHALL (21)

Default Re: Missing players for bowl rumors

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    That would be a huge NO. How about we demand what is available to almost every other sport in the NCAA and every conference champ gets a seat at the table. Minimum 16 teams. Could even go to 24 teams with first round bye for top eight teams.

The NCAA has crumbled recently with just the threat of lawsuits regarding NIL etc. If the G5 conferences would just come together and go enough is enough and tell the P5 we are coming after you I believe they would give in as well. The problem is all the G5's keep hoping their the next one called to take a seat at the captain's table. In reality none of us are getting that call standing alone.
    Now you're talking!

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    16 teams. All conference champs, 6 at large, max of one at large from each conference.

Boom, instant greatest tournament in sports.
    The second it's announced!

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    Don't think it's going to be that many. We know Smith, Humphrey and Leblanc are out. There may be a couple more, but I don't think any more than that.

I have been wrong before.
    I had heard about smith and Humphrey first I hear Leblanc? Did you get the depth chart.

4. Default Re: Missing players for bowl rumors

If the FCS can do 24, then the FBS can do a minimum of 16, but 24 is doable as well.

Ok, not to go all Boomer or anything, but somebody make what this year's 16 team bracket would be.

6. Default Re: Missing players for bowl rumors

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    Ok, not to go all Boomer or anything, but somebody make what this year's 16 team bracket would be.
    Boomer would just go by the Massey ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by NillyBapier View Post
    I had heard about smith and Humphrey first I hear Leblanc? Did you get the depth chart.
    Peter got hurt in the championship game.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Boomer would just go by the Massey ratings.
    Can't do that seeding conf champs, Massey has us way down there

9. Default Re: Missing players for bowl rumors

According to Coach Dez, no one is option out, this was just posted on twitter. We do have a handful of players that are banged up, we will know more once the depth chart comes out. Smith came to him and asked if he could sit it out because he wants to get healthy for next year, Humphrey has left the team, but it does not appear it was anything that was a bad situation, just moving on to the next chapter and banged up. He did not mention Leblanc in the article, but I think we could all tell he got hurt in the App game.

My biggest concerns before I see the depth chart would be guys like Max Mitchell and O'Cyrus Torrence. I think we are deep enough at almost every position to withstand a few guys missing, but we are not deep enough on the OL to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    According to Coach Dez, no one is option out, this was just posted on twitter. We do have a handful of players that are banged up, we will know more once the depth chart comes out. Smith came to him and asked if he could sit it out because he wants to get healthy for next year, Humphrey has left the team, but it does not appear it was anything that was a bad situation, just moving on to the next chapter and banged up. He did not mention Leblanc in the article, but I think we could all tell he got hurt in the App game.

My biggest concerns before I see the depth chart would be guys like Max Mitchell and O'Cyrus Torrence. I think we are deep enough at almost every position to withstand a few guys missing, but we are not deep enough on the OL to do so.
    Your concerns are warranted. Don’t be surprised if max doesn’t play.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Your concerns are warranted. Don’t be surprised if max doesn’t play.
    Dude is the highest graded tackle according to PFF. Would be hard for me to suit up too.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Dude is the highest graded tackle according to PFF. Would be hard for me to suit up too.
    Yup.

Default Re: New Orleans Bowl vs. Marshall

More sections opened up on visitors side on Ticketmaster now.

Default Re: New Orleans Bowl vs. Marshall

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    Wish I could make it, but my better half is 8.5 months pregnant. So, we are staying in for the next few weeks in case the little one is ready to come into the world sooner than our due date in early January.

But I will be watching on TV and yelling as if I was there!
    Take the misses to the game, get some Mexican right before & bring her for a joy ride through the CBD & the quarter with all those pot holes & you're guaranteed to have a screaming little Ragin Cajun coming out by daylight the next morning.

Can you imagine how fricking exciting it would be if we were playing in the first round of the 16 team playoffs this weekend! Likely playing one of the at large P5 schools.

Page 34 of 99 FirstFirst . 24 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 44 . LastLast

Thread Information