Page 33 of 99 FirstFirst . 23 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 43 . LastLast

Thread: 2021 New Orleans Bowl: LOUISIANA (36) MARSHALL (21)

1. Ragin' Cajuns Football: No. 16 Louisiana Set to Face Marshall in the 2021 New Orleans Bowl

After claiming the first outright Sun Belt title in program history with a 24-16 victory over App State, No. 16 Louisiana football will transition into a new era at 8:15 p.m. Saturday when it faces Marshall in the New Orleans Bowl at the Caesars Superdome. The game will be broadcast nationally on ESPN.

The game will mark the fourth straight bowl appearance for Louisiana and the 11th all-time. The Ragin Cajuns are 5-3 in previous matchups and have prevailed in their last two contests.

Following its Week 1 loss, Louisiana won 12 straight games setting a new program record and joining Cincinnati, Alabama, Georgia, Michigan and UTSA as the only programs in the nation with 12 or more wins this season.

Default Re: Ragin' Dave's New Orleans Bowl vs Marshall Preview

Thanks. I would be very happy with 31-20. Esp is the last TD for them is at end of game.

Default Re: New Orleans Bowl vs. Marshall

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    Wish I could make it, but my better half is 8.5 months pregnant. So, we are staying in for the next few weeks in case the little one is ready to come into the world sooner than our due date in early January.

But I will be watching on TV and yelling as if I was there!
    Congrats on the new ba-bae!

Default Re: Missing players for bowl rumors

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    The term "opting out" was generally used to describe players who chose not to play because of COVID concerns. Now we use it for players who quit on their teammates. The message being sent is "bowl games don't mean anything."

Not a good message.
    At this point, maybe these games shouldn't even be played. Fan bases don't care enough to go, some players don't care enough to suit up one more time for their teammates, schools rarely make money playing in them.
    I feel like the glamour wore off when there were enough bowls for .500 teams to make one. It became very unspecial.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    At this point, maybe these games shouldn't even be played. Fan bases don't care enough to go, some players don't care enough to suit up one more time for their teammates, schools rarely make money playing in them.
    I feel like the glamour wore off when there were enough bowls for .500 teams to make one. It became very unspecial.
    At this point they really need to just expanded the CFP to 12 and then the remaining bowls can get together and have a P5 invitational tournament like the NIT

6. Default Re: Missing players for bowl rumors

Quote Originally Posted by Jeaux View Post
    At this point they really need to just expanded the CFP to 12 and then the remaining bowls can get together and have a P5 invitational tournament like the NIT
    Then everybody gets a shot at a trophy . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Jeaux View Post
    Expand the playoffs to 12. Top 6 highest rated conference champs. 5 P5 at large bids and 1 G5 at large bid.

This gives the G5 2 slots and the P5 10 slots.

Conference Champs host round 1. Top 4 get bye weeks.

2nd Round sites
    Rose Bowl
    Sugar Bowl
    Fiesta Bowl
    Orange Bowl

CFP Championship
    Vegas

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Expand the playoffs to 12. Top 6 highest rated conference champs. 5 P5 at large bids and 1 G5 at large bid.

2nd Round sites
    Rose Bowl
    Sugar Bowl
    Fiesta Bowl
    Orange Bowl

CFP Championship
    Vegas
    I would vote for this, but it makes too much sense, so it'll never happen.

88 out of 130 team in fbs make a bowl game . very definition of participation trophy

I think having a conference championship game changed a lot for my opinion. Before the CCG, bowl games were the championship game, a chance to cap off your season with a trophy. But bowl championships are a two-team, one-game league. The culmination of a 12/14/16-team, 12 game season into the conference championship game makes a bowl feel silly.

11. Default Re: Missing players for bowl rumors

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    88 out of 130 team in fbs make a bowl game . very definition of participation trophy
    Smart move . . .

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    I think having a conference championship game changed a lot for my opinion. Before the CCG, bowl games were the championship game, a chance to cap off your season with a trophy. But bowl championships are a two-team, one-game league. The culmination of a 12/14/16-team, 12 game season into the conference championship game makes a bowl feel silly.
    Agreed

Yes, won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post

2nd Round sites
    Rose Bowl
    Sugar Bowl
    Fiesta Bowl
    Orange Bowl

CFP Championship
    Vegas
    That would be a huge NO. How about we demand what is available to almost every other sport in the NCAA and every conference champ gets a seat at the table. Minimum 16 teams. Could even go to 24 teams with first round bye for top eight teams.

The NCAA has crumbled recently with just the threat of lawsuits regarding NIL etc. If the G5 conferences would just come together and go enough is enough and tell the P5 we are coming after you I believe they would give in as well. The problem is all the G5's keep hoping their the next one called to take a seat at the captain's table. In reality none of us are getting that call standing alone.

16 teams. All conference champs, 6 at large, max of one at large from each conference.

Boom, instant greatest tournament in sports.

Page 33 of 99 FirstFirst . 23 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 43 . LastLast

Thread Information