Page 31 of 99 FirstFirst . 21 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 41 . LastLast

Thread: 2021 New Orleans Bowl: LOUISIANA (36) MARSHALL (21)

Default Re: Missing players for bowl rumors

The term "opting out" was generally used to describe players who chose not to play because of COVID concerns. Now we use it for players who quit on their teammates. The message being sent is "bowl games don't mean anything."

Not a good message.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    The term "opting out" was generally used to describe players who chose not to play because of COVID concerns. Now we use it for players who quit on their teammates. The message being sent is "bowl games don't mean anything."

Not a good message.
    Well the blame can start with ____y matchups in general (nothing against Marshall) and coaches taking the first private jet out of town. I don’t blame billy one bit but the fact that him not coaching the CCG was non negotiable and he was on a plane the next day tells you they don’t matter. All those staff members leaving sends the message the game doesn’t matter to them so not sure why we are surprised the players are following their lead. Leaders lead right

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post

Not a good message.
    It may not be a good message but it is a true message. We've watered down the Bowl games to the point that most don't mean anything. I bet a lot of those players on teams ranked 5-8 don't think much of their bowl games either. It simple is a parting gift. I'm a big proponent of an expanded playoff where a lot more games across college football start to mean something.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    I heard Marshall center is good. Would have been good for Tayland to improve his draft stock.
    Would it vs resting up and going to a training academy until pro day?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    It may not be a good message but it is a true message. We've watered down the Bowl games to the point that most don't mean anything. I bet a lot of those players on teams ranked 5-8 don't think much of their bowl games either. It simple is a parting gift. I'm a big proponent of an expanded playoff where a lot more games across college football start to mean something.
    100% when they are adding bowls so 6-6 Mac teams to get in .it kinda loses its appeal

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    5/6 key contributors
    I've heard as many as 10 this number includes Smith and Humphrey, but we will see when the depth chart comes out today, if those rumors are true.

7. Default Re: Missing players for bowl rumors

Quote Originally Posted by fpc4life99 View Post
    I've heard as many as 10 this number includes Smith and Humphrey, but we will see when the depth chart comes out today, if those rumors are true.
    You are trying real hard to be someone who knows something here . . . hey this is the super bowl sport . . .

We can start with having leadership within the NCAA that isnt fkn braindead. Not having the common sense foresight to see having an ESD in mid December would be a problem, is mindboggling. Players leaving early and possibly costing you bowl victories affects recruiting. College football is becoming such a _____ show. Sadly with NIL, things only get worse from here.

Someone recently asked Nick Saban why so many players are opting out of bowl games, and he said it best: because people emphasize the CFP so much that it waters down the value of a regular bowl game. Some of these players have pro careers on the line. It's unfortunate, but it's just a fact. Bowl games have just become a glorified exhibition game for some.

Default Re: New Orleans Bowl vs. Marshall

Wish I could make it, but my better half is 8.5 months pregnant. So, we are staying in for the next few weeks in case the little one is ready to come into the world sooner than our due date in early January.

But I will be watching on TV and yelling as if I was there!

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    Wish I could make it, but my better half is 8.5 months pregnant. So, we are staying in for the next few weeks in case the little one is ready to come into the world sooner than our due date in early January.

But I will be watching on TV and yelling as if I was there!
    I have been there! Congratulations and Hope all goes well!

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    I have been there! Congratulations and Hope all goes well!
    Appreciate it!

I honestly care more about our current winning streak in jeopardy than the Bowl game itself. The Bowl game just happens to be the next game.

14. Default Re: Missing players for bowl rumors

I see this as a huge opportunity for some guys that deserve more PT.

Foote just mentioned Sauce is out to take care of an injury he's played with all year.

Page 31 of 99 FirstFirst . 21 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 41 . LastLast

Thread Information