Page 2 of 99 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 New Orleans Bowl: LOUISIANA (36) MARSHALL (21)

UL Football New Orleans Bowl vs. Marshall

12-1 conference champs and we get a 7-5 Marshall team as our prize. Kinda disappointed to be honest. Meanwhile the cusa champ utsa gets byu

Default Re: New Orleans bowl vs. Marshall

Lmfao this sucks, no way around it. Our reward for going 12-1, being a top 20 team is going against a 7-5 team from the worst conference who will be a conference opponent as soon as next year

Would rather play UTSA or BYU, but it is what it is. The whole Bowl system is set up terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    12-1 conference champs and we get a 7-5 Marshall team as our prize. Kinda disappointed to be honest. Meanwhile the cusa champ utsa gets byu
    Agree.

UTSA v SDSU in Frisco Bowl

BYU v UAB Independence Bowl

NIU v CCU Cure

Ga St v Ball St Camellia

Wow, what a letdown.

So, now that CMD is the man, who else is staying to coach the Cajuns in the bowl?

App beat them by one at App. Western Ky best them up pretty good but I suspect they will give us a good test. That said, I would have liked a redo with UTSA

the biggest problem with the bowl system is that yearly the networks fail to realize that matching good and interesting opponents together will draw eyes. Wanna know why the bowl system is dying, ell you have to pit some of the top G5 against some P5 schools, even if its the lower tier ones, that draws far more outside interest than stuff like this or hell UTSA vs SDSU. I know I actually am interested in the College Football playoff for the first time in maybe ever because of that and I think that can basically be said for every single fan of a G5 school.

Quote Originally Posted by TuffGuy84 View Post
    the biggest problem with the bowl system is that yearly the networks fail to realize that matching good and interesting opponents together will draw eyes. Wanna know why the bowl system is dying, ell you have to pit some of the top G5 against some P5 schools, even if its the lower tier ones, that draws far more outside interest than stuff like this or hell UTSA vs SDSU. I know I actually am interested in the College Football playoff for the first time in maybe ever because of that and I think that can basically be said for every single fan of a G5 school.
    This dynamic is what makes March Madness so compelling. It would be the same for bowl games.

What stinks the most honestly is if we beat Texas week 1, we would be 13-0 and still playing in the new orleans bowl against a 7-5 marshall

11. Default Advertiser Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns football accepts New Orleans Bowl bid, will play Marshall

The Ragin' Cajuns are headed to the New Orleans Bowl for the sixth time since 2011 and the first time since 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    What stinks the most honestly is if we beat Texas week 1, we would be 13-0 and still playing in the new orleans bowl against a 7-5 marshall
    This is true.

We have an opportunity for 13 wins in a season which has never happened!!

If we don’t beat Marshall, I think it will be a major letdown. Marshall is not great to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingCajun08 View Post
    If we don’t beat Marshall, I think it will be a major letdown. Marshall is not great to say the least.
    We get a preview of what Coach Des brings.

Page 2 of 99 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information