Page 22 of 99 FirstFirst . 12 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 32 . LastLast

Thread: 2021 New Orleans Bowl: LOUISIANA (36) MARSHALL (21)

1. Default Re: New Orleans Bowl vs. Marshall

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    Dude, nice letter, let me straighten you out one thing. I haven't called you, or anyone else not real, or just casual fans. You know why you can't be there & that is your prerogative. And It's not my business, nor do I sit in judgement of you for not being able to attend the game. In no way do I discount you as not being a "real fan." And you can't point to a single post that ever showed I did.

So once again, I don't know why you are targeting me just like you targeted me in the past accusing me of not being a real UL supporter when you had no idea how long I've been supporting the program. I have posted that people who are using the excuse of the vaccine mandates for them not attending the game is stupid & hard headed & they will eventually wish they would have not been so stubborn for such a poor reason. That doesn't make any one of them less of a fan either.

I remember when UL played in their first New Orleans bowl & I had to go on a cruise out of New Orleans that same day which we had reserved almost a year before hand. I stood on that boat watching other UL fans walking around on the River walk & was cheering on the Cajuns waving my Hold the Rope T-shirt & wishing I could be down there instead of on that ship. I remember the people on this board accusing me of the very same things you are saying I'm accusing you of. Take care of your family & have a blessed Christmas. But leave my name out of your personal reasons for not attending. I will say again, anyone who is using the vaccine mandates as an excuse for not attending the game & making an issue out of it is a whiny ass cry baby & needs to either step up, or shut up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King
    Re: New Orleans Bowl Projected Attendance

It's amazing, you people expect these guys to sweat their balls off to the point of near death every single day from heat stroke in the summer. You expect them to push themselves beyond thier limits in the weight room & run until their lungs are inside out hanging out of their mouths just to bring you a more entertaining product. All the while y'all moan about lines at the concession stand, Parking lines, any little thing y'all can think about to cry over. And the first time you have to jump through the slightest hoop to show your commitment to this particular team. You ____ off like someone is threatened you with a gun. None of you whiners who refuse to go to New Orleans to support your team has an ounce of guts, or intestinal fortitude if you will. No wonder you've been cursed with some of the worst programs in history. You have an opportunity to show your support & won't do it. Go stuff yourselves.

I'm going & you half hearted little Sh!+$ can't stop me. the freaking mayor of New Orleans ain't stopping me. Joe Biden sure as hell ain't stopping me. And I'll be damned if that lying ass fraudster named trump poisons my mind enough to stop me.
    The above are your words, not mine. I did not change one single letter/word/phrase or sentence. But you basically said if you aint going you aren't a real fan, or at least you are a pansy for not showing up. Kyle, caught in a lie again, what does not make 1000 on this board.

2. Default Re: New Orleans Bowl vs. Marshall

Dude, nice letter, let me straighten you out one thing. I haven't called you, or anyone else not real, or just casual fans. You know why you can't be there & that is your prerogative. And It's not my business, nor do I sit in judgement of you for not being able to attend the game. In no way do I discount you as not being a "real fan." And you can't point to a single post that ever showed I did.

So once again, I don't know why you are targeting me just like you targeted me in the past accusing me of not being a real UL supporter when you had no idea how long I've been supporting the program. I have posted that people who are using the excuse of the vaccine mandates for them not attending the game is stupid & hard headed & they will eventually wish they would have not been so stubborn for such a poor reason. That doesn't make any one of them less of a fan either.

I remember when UL played in their first New Orleans bowl & I had to go on a cruise out of New Orleans that same day which we had reserved almost a year before hand. I stood on that boat watching other UL fans walking around on the River walk & was cheering on the Cajuns waving my Hold the Rope T-shirt & wishing I could be down there instead of on that ship. I remember the people on this board accusing me of the very same things you are saying I'm accusing you of. Take care of your family & have a blessed Christmas. But leave my name out of your personal reasons for not attending. I will say again, anyone who is using the vaccine mandates as an excuse for not attending the game & making an issue out of it is a whiny ass cry baby & needs to either step up, or shut up.
    And I apologize for just calling you out, I should have mentioned the others like CockyCajun and FC4.

Those are some of the others that have questioned some fans on here on why they are not attending, this was not directed specifically at you, although you are one of a handful.

Default Re: New Orleans Bowl vs. Marshall

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King Bandwagon
    Re: New Orleans Bowl Projected Attendance

It's amazing, you people expect these guys to sweat their balls off to the point of near death every single day from heat stroke in the summer. You expect them to push themselves beyond thier limits in the weight room & run until their lungs are inside out hanging out of their mouths just to bring you a more entertaining product. All the while y'all moan about lines at the concession stand, Parking lines, any little thing y'all can think about to cry over. And the first time you have to jump through the slightest hoop to show your commitment to this particular team. You ____ off like someone is threatened you with a gun. None of you whiners who refuse to go to New Orleans to support your team has an ounce of guts, or intestinal fortitude if you will. No wonder you've been cursed with some of the worst programs in history. You have an opportunity to show your support & won't do it. Go stuff yourselves.

I'm going & you half hearted little Sh!+$ can't stop me. the freaking mayor of New Orleans ain't stopping me. Joe Biden sure as hell ain't stopping me. And I'll be damned if that lying ass fraudster named trump poisons my mind enough to stop me.
    The above are your words, not mine. I did not change one single letter/word/phrase or sentence. But you basically said if you aint going you aren't a real fan, or at least you are a pansy for not showing up. Kyle, caught in a lie again, what does not make 1000 on this board.
    Is this you? Is your name mentioned? If the shoe doesn't fit, then why do you keep trying it on? You need to grow some skin son. I meant every word I said & I have no regrets. I can guarantee every single person that uses vaccine mandates as an excuse to not go to this game will have regrets. How's that son? Is that better for your sensitive feelings?

4. Default Re: New Orleans Bowl vs. Marshall

Is this you? Is your name mentioned? If the show doesn't fit, then why do you keep trying it on? You need to grow some skin son.
    Don't call me son. I ain't related to you and I only have 1 real earthly father and you sir are not it. Secondly, I have some skin, while you did not call me out personally, you did call anyone not going to the game out and I am in that number, and for that you will get called out.

Don't call me son. I ain't related to you and I only have 1 real father and you sir are not it. Secondly, I have some skin, while you did not call me out personally, you did call anyone not going to the game out and I am in that number, and for that you will get called out.
    Yeah & I got called out for not attending the first bowl game when I had already put down 5000 dollars on a cruise before the Cajuns had played their first game that season. And I don't remember you or too many other people defending me having to take care of a family obligation which was a hell of a lot more important to me than my pride over a health issue. But then again, I guess it's who sits next to whom on the church pew that determines their "real fandom". Not the team, not the program, not the players, not the coaches.

6. Default Re: New Orleans Bowl vs. Marshall

Yeah & I got called out for attending the first bowl game when I had already put down 5000 dollars on a cruise before the Cajuns had played their first game that season. And I don't remember you are too many other people defending me having to take care of a family obligation which was a hell of a lot more important to me than my pride over a health issue. But then again, I guess it's who sits next to whom on the church pew that determines their "real fandom". Not the team, not the program, not the players, not the coaches.
    I didn't call you out then and I apologize if I didn't defend you then. No one should have called you out then and you should not call anyone out now.

There I defended you.

I didn't call you out then and I apologize if I didn't defend you then. No one should have called you out then and you should not call anyone out now.

There I defended you.
    I appreciate that ten years after the fact. But I think you're missing my main point. And if you understood my point, you would also understand my motivation for doing what I did. My point is that when we made those plans & I paid for that trip, I had zero thought that oh snap, my team which hasn't been in a bowl game for over 40 years is going to be in their first bowl game that I can attend on the same day we leave port. So let me not make this reservation. I was in a spot I had zero control over. And yet I can still remember the mixture of pride watching Cajun fans up & down the streets of the city & wanting to be with them mixed with the sick feeling that I was sailing away at one of the glorious times after so many struggles.

And I am here TODAY to testify that any one who is that kind of passionate fan & refuses to go to that game this Saturday because of those mandates will regret it the rest of their lives. I can guarantee it because I can still remember how I felt that Saturday afternoon & evening when the TV reception went out on the drive where Brett Baer kicked the winning filed goal.

SO there you go. I could care a less who harangued me about not going. I was grateful for the very few people who understood my plight, but they still had a good laugh at my expense which I don't begrudge. But the feelings I had all that day & night & the rest of the cruise made that whole experience not nearly as good as it would have been. And I'm warning those people TODAY, don't let your foolish arrogance & your pride stand in the way of your sharing in the glory, or you will regret it years & years from now. If anyone knows, I do.

8. Default Re: New Orleans Bowl vs. Marshall

I appreciate that ten years after the fact. But I think you're missing my main point. And if you understood my point, you would also understand my motivation for doing what I did. My point is that when we made those plans & I paid for that trip, I had zero thought that oh snap, my team which hasn't been in a bowl game for over 40 years is going to be in their first bowl game that I can attend on the same day we leave port. So let me not make this reservation. I was in a spot I had zero control over. And yet I can still remember the mixture of pride watching Cajun fans up & down the streets of the city & wanting to be with them mixed with the sick feeling that I was sailing away at one of the glorious times after so many struggles.

And I am here TODAY to testify that any one who is that kind of passionate fan & refuses to go to that game this Saturday because of those mandates will regret it the rest of their lives. I can guarantee it because I can still remember how I felt that Saturday afternoon & evening when the TV reception went out on the drive where Brett Baer kicked the winning filed goal.

SO there you go. I could care a less who harangued me about not going. I was grateful for the very few people who understood my plight, but they still had a good laugh at my expense which I don't begrudge. But the feelings I had all that day & night & the rest of the cruise made that whole experience not nearly as good as it would have been. And I'm warning those people TODAY, don't let your foolish arrogance & your pride stand in the way of your sharing in the glory, or you will regret it years & years from now. If anyone knows, I do.
    I think you do care, or you would not have brought it up.

I think you do care, or you would not have brought it up.
    I do care. And I know that most of the jack legs who have gotten their panties knotted over "Latoya the destoya" care as well, at least I hope they do. I have no doubt you care & want to be there. And I have no doubt that you would be there save the reasons you can't be there mandates, or no mandates. But the people who aren't going for that reason will regret it as long as they will remember. I have no doubt you will regret it & you can't be there. It's not a good feeling.

10. Default Re: New Orleans Bowl vs. Marshall

I do care. And I know that most of the jack legs who have gotten their panties knotted over "Latoya the destoya" care as well, at least I hope they do. I have no doubt you care & want to be there. And I have no doubt that you would be there save the reasons you can't be there mandates, or no mandates. But the people who aren't going for that reason will regret it as long as they will remember. I have no doubt you will regret it & you can't be there. It's not a good feeling.
    You have already run off enough people so quit while you are behind . . .

Maybe missing the championship game people would regret probably not a bowl where we were 6-6 the last time we got invited.

Hopefully we sell enough tickets to where we get invited to play jacksonville state in 2 years

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    Maybe missing the championship game people would regret probably not a bowl where we were 6-6 the last time we got invited.

Hopefully we sell enough tickets to where we get invited to play jacksonville state in 2 years
    That is the statement of a casual week fan with no real passion for their team.
    Do you understand that every game UL wins in a row is now history? There aren't many teams in college football history to win 13 games in a row. To do it in a bowl game that could potentially put UL in the top ten at the end of the season is history. Maybe you don't care for history because of who history is being made against. But you can't always choose who, or where you make it. Making history is what counts.

That is the statement of a casual week fan with no real passion for their team.
    Do you understand that every game UL wins in a row is now history? There aren't many teams in college football history to win 13 games in a row. To do it in a bowl game that could potentially put UL in the top ten at the end of the season is history. Maybe you don't care for history because of who history is being made against. But you can't always choose who, or where you make it. Making history is what counts.
    1. UL will not be in the top 10 if they beat a 7 win Marshall

2. 13 straight and we are playing a 4th place CUSA team . Nola bowl tie in is garbage.

3. Winning an outright championship is the only history I care about.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    1. UL will not be in the top 10 if they beat a 7 win Marshall

2. 13 straight and we are playing a 4th place CUSA team . Nola bowl tie in is garbage.

3. Winning an outright championship is the only history I care about.
    All of this is true

I agree with the writter from West Virginia, Maggard should have held out for a better opponent in NoLA or anywhere else. Of course, anywhere else, unless its a 3 hour drive is a fan killer for UL. If what the guy is writting is true. And it probably is as he kicked Buckleys butt in the piece.

Page 22 of 99 FirstFirst . 12 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 32 . LastLast

Thread Information