Page 21 of 99 FirstFirst . 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 31 . LastLast

Thread: 2021 New Orleans Bowl: LOUISIANA (36) MARSHALL (21)

1. Default Re: New Orleans Bowl vs. Marshall

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Thanks JTJ, I really appreciate that, but just felt like ____ needed to be said and I can't be the only one that feels this way.
    It is a crying shame that any fan should feel shamed into having a public explanation because there are about 8 dip____s on this board . . .

Default Re: New Orleans Bowl vs. Marshall

So I am completely disappointed that I am not going to be attending the game and for a number of reasons I won't be there. First and foremost let me defend myself by saying I did not miss a second of any home game this year from start to finish. And I also made a couple of road trips. My reasons for missing the bowl game are a couple and not the least of which is the issues that are in New Orleans, ranging from crime, vaccine/covid testing and other reasons. But for anyone on here to say that someone is not a Cajun fan or they are just a casual fan or that this is the reason we will always be who we are because they are not attending the New Orleans is F'N LUDICRIS. I would love to be there watching the game in person, but the main 2 reasons I will not is because I have a 1 year old that has something going on that day and myself and my family are leaving 2 days later for a week long trip to Salt Lake City, UT for our annual family Christmas vacation and we have tons to do to get ready for that.

I am as big of a Cajun fan/supporter as anyone on the planet and will follow my team almost anywhere. I have been to road, baseball, softball, football, basketball, women's basketball and even tennis and golf matches, very few on this board can say that. And if my schedule would have worked out differently I would be there. But I do not enjoy Kyle or others saying that because a few of us chose for one reason or another not to attend the New Orleans Bowl then we are not real fans.

I have gone to more games following the Cajuns when I had to pull rabbits out of hats to make it happen, but my family and my children come first, before everything, work, sports, Cajuns except for God and I haven't always been that way. Things changed in my life a few years back that many people on this board know about that made me realize that I only get one chance to make sure that my family knows that their father will always be there for them. So I will be watching this game from home with a cold beer in my hand and screaming for my Cajuns to win. I will be loving on my wife and daughters while this is going on. I will be making sure that my Cajuns know I support them by purchasing tickets to the game that I will not be using. I hope to give them to a needy or service member who wants to attend the game. I will make sure that everyone in the alumni/athletic and administration knows that I am sorry I could not attend and I hate not being there, but I have other obligations that make it impossible for me to be there unfortunately.

Geaux Cajuns, this is the greatest season of our lives and we need to enjoy the run. I have been there all season and hate missing this game, but know I will be there with each of these young men and coaches in spirit and will be pulling for them to bring home a huge victory Saturday night.

Geaux Cajuns!!!!!!!
    Don’t worry about what other people think. We all good.
    If you cannot find a veteran to give the tickets to, go to Vettix.org

So I am completely disappointed that I am not going to be attending the game and for a number of reasons I won't be there. First and foremost let me defend myself by saying I did not miss a second of any home game this year from start to finish. And I also made a couple of road trips. My reasons for missing the bowl game are a couple and not the least of which is the issues that are in New Orleans, ranging from crime, vaccine/covid testing and other reasons. But for anyone on here to say that someone is not a Cajun fan or they are just a casual fan or that this is the reason we will always be who we are because they are not attending the New Orleans is F'N LUDICRIS. I would love to be there watching the game in person, but the main 2 reasons I will not is because I have a 1 year old that has something going on that day and myself and my family are leaving 2 days later for a week long trip to Salt Lake City, UT for our annual family Christmas vacation and we have tons to do to get ready for that.

I am as big of a Cajun fan/supporter as anyone on the planet and will follow my team almost anywhere. I have been to road, baseball, softball, football, basketball, women's basketball and even tennis and golf matches, very few on this board can say that. And if my schedule would have worked out differently I would be there. But I do not enjoy Kyle or others saying that because a few of us chose for one reason or another not to attend the New Orleans Bowl then we are not real fans.

I have gone to more games following the Cajuns when I had to pull rabbits out of hats to make it happen, but my family and my children come first, before everything, work, sports, Cajuns except for God and I haven't always been that way. Things changed in my life a few years back that many people on this board know about that made me realize that I only get one chance to make sure that my family knows that their father will always be there for them. So I will be watching this game from home with a cold beer in my hand and screaming for my Cajuns to win. I will be loving on my wife and daughters while this is going on. I will be making sure that my Cajuns know I support them by purchasing tickets to the game that I will not be using. I hope to give them to a needy or service member who wants to attend the game. I will make sure that everyone in the alumni/athletic and administration knows that I am sorry I could not attend and I hate not being there, but I have other obligations that make it impossible for me to be there unfortunately.

Geaux Cajuns, this is the greatest season of our lives and we need to enjoy the run. I have been there all season and hate missing this game, but know I will be there with each of these young men and coaches in spirit and will be pulling for them to bring home a huge victory Saturday night.

Geaux Cajuns!!!!!!!
    Nothing to explain. There were PLENTY of people sitting in the Superdome during our first few NOLA bowl appearances who were there to be there but aren't necessarily Cajun fans and don't regularly contribute and/or go to Cajun games even during these years. Just because you went to the game doesn't make you more of a fan than others that didn't go.

Default Re: New Orleans Bowl Central

We bought tickets knowing we couldn't go and were going to donate. As of now, the "transfer" button is not functional in my account manager. Anyone know how to transfer tickets?

*update - transfer option is now working*

5. Default Re: New Orleans Bowl vs. Marshall

You don’t need to justify why you’re skipping. I just don’t understand why you need to announce it.

Default Re: No. 23 Louisiana brings lethal defense to New Orleans Bowl vs. Marshall

Will MD have enough coaches on the side line for the R+L Carrier NO Bowl?????

Geaux Cajuns!!!!!!!
    You're primary reasons for not attending the game are a prior obligation that day and an upcoming trip. Seems like your reasons for attending have little to do with NO crime or their vax/testing requirements, or at least those concerns are secondary to your familial obligations. Not sure why you feel the need to defend yourself, when the only people being ridiculed are the fans trying to make a political stance by not attending a bowl game 2 hours away whenever there are plenty of options to attend without staying in the city.

8. Default Re: No. 23 Louisiana brings lethal defense to New Orleans Bowl vs. Marshall

He’s fine.

9. Default Re: New Orleans Bowl Central

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    Cool deal. I guess no outdoor concert at the dome?
    There is also this:
    Pregame Tailgate Party presented by IBERIABANK / First Horizon

At Caesar's Superdome Bienville Room

Ragin' Cajuns fans are invited to a pregame tailgate party in the Bienville Room at the Superdome.

Live music will be provided by Nik'l Beer & Storyville Stompers

10. Default Re: New Orleans Bowl vs. Marshall

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    You don’t need to justify why you’re skipping. I just don’t understand why you need to announce it.
    I guess the same reason that a few on here are making sure they announce why they think those not attending are not "REAL FANS".

Not trying to upset anyone on here, just saying that many people have many reasons why they can/will not attend. I don't have any issues with people not attending because of other obligations or if they have issues with New Orleans Super Dome Vaccine/Testing Mandates.

I guess the same reason that a few on here are making sure they announce why they think those not attending are not "REAL FANS".

Not trying to upset anyone on here, just saying that many people have many reasons why they can/will not attend. I don't have any issues with people not attending because of other obligations or if they have issues with New Orleans Super Dome Vaccine/Testing Mandates.
    Backing you up brother 100%

12. Default Re: New Orleans Bowl vs. Marshall

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Backing you up brother 100%
    Us old NC residents need to stick together, right!

13. Default Re: New Orleans Bowl vs. Marshall

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFan3406 View Post
    You're primary reasons for not attending the game are a prior obligation that day and an upcoming trip. Seems like your reasons for attending have little to do with NO crime or their vax/testing requirements, or at least those concerns are secondary to your familial obligations. Not sure why you feel the need to defend yourself, when the only people being ridiculed are the fans trying to make a political stance by not attending a bowl game 2 hours away whenever there are plenty of options to attend without staying in the city.
    As I stated in a previous post, it is more about letting people know that I would not attack or ridicule anyone for whatever their reasons are, their reasons whether you agree with them or not should and can be personal. I support those that have issues with the mandate, because that is their choice. I don't think they support the school any more or any less, specifically if I know them and they have been huge UL supporters in the past.

Us old NC residents need to stick together, right!
    Amen dat bro Dave!

Geaux Cajuns!!!!!!!
    Dude, nice letter, let me straighten you out one thing. I haven't called you, or anyone else not real, or just casual fans. You know why you can't be there & that is your prerogative. And It's not my business, nor do I sit in judgement of you for not being able to attend the game. In no way do I discount you as not being a "real fan." And you can't point to a single post that ever showed I did.

So once again, I don't know why you are targeting me just like you targeted me in the past accusing me of not being a real UL supporter when you had no idea how long I've been supporting the program. I have posted that people who are using the excuse of the vaccine mandates for them not attending the game is stupid & hard headed & they will eventually wish they would have not been so stubborn for such a poor reason. That doesn't make any one of them less of a fan either.

I remember when UL played in their first New Orleans bowl & I had to go on a cruise out of New Orleans that same day which we had reserved almost a year before hand. I stood on that boat watching other UL fans walking around on the River walk & was cheering on the Cajuns waving my Hold the Rope T-shirt & wishing I could be down there instead of on that ship. I remember the people on this board accusing me of the very same things you are saying I'm accusing you of. Take care of your family & have a blessed Christmas. But leave my name out of your personal reasons for not attending. I will say again, anyone who is using the vaccine mandates as an excuse for not attending the game & making an issue out of it is a whiny ass cry baby & needs to either step up, or shut up.

Page 21 of 99 FirstFirst . 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 31 . LastLast

Thread Information