Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . LastLast

Thread: Louisiana is a "Tier One" School

1. Default Re: Louisiana achieves Carnegie’s prestigious R1 designation

Some people just can’t help themselves . . . at least for a day, don’t worry, be happy . . .

Default Re: Carnegie R1 Status

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Ditto that.

I’m so proud today. This is making me more emotional than the CCG.
    100% with you sir. This is a game changer. Nothing athletically compares to this. What our administration has done is overcome politics, backstabbing “brethren” universities, lack of prior leadership, and the “know your place” crowd to a glorious crowning moment.

Default Re: Carnegie R1 Status

If anyone has a BBB account, here is a great place to drop it.

http://www.latechbbb.com/forum/showt.ws-Enforcement

Default Re: Louisiana achieves Carnegie’s prestigious R1 designation

When the next inevitable conference alignments happen this will help us along with continued on field success. Some schools who are tier 1 won't associate with non tier 1s.

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    When the next inevitable conference alignments happen this will help us along with continued on field success. Some schools who are tier 1 won't associate with non tier 1s.
    I think we have now earned title as the Flagship of the UL System, a title that can no longer be claimed by LSU, now that we are the same R1 status.

Now we must maintain, this is something you don’t have forever. We’ll be under attack on multiple fronts. The Ulmosts and McLeastes of Louisiana can’t “me too u” but the sure can kiss that Tiger backside very well.

LSU should not feel threaten, what they receive and we receive aren’t in the same neighborhood. But the state schools’ fear is UL and LSU are now in the same zip code…R1.

8. Default Re: Louisiana achieves Carnegie’s prestigious R1 designation

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Now we must maintain, this is something you don’t have forever. We’ll be under attack on multiple fronts. The Ulmosts and McLeastes of Louisiana can’t “me too u” but the sure can kiss that Tiger backside very well.

LSU should not feel threaten, what they receive and we receive aren’t in the same neighborhood. But the state schools’ fear is UL and LSU are now in the same zip code…R1.
    That’s at least twice today you go there . . . for one day please, don’t worry, be happy . . .

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    https://louisiana.edu/news-events/ne.r1-designation

"About 3%, or 137, of the nation’s colleges and universities have R1 status, which is synonymous with academic excellence, research, innovation and global impact."

This is an almost unbelievable accomplishment that this great university has sustained.

The only other universities in the state that have this are LSU and Tulane.
    Academic excellence Athletics excellence. Great day to be a UL (ok USL but i digress) grad and fan

Congrats Dr. T-Joe Told you 45 years ago you had it in you. Well I was drunk and maybe I didn't actually say it.

10. Default Re: Louisiana achieves Carnegie’s prestigious R1 designation

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    I think we have now earned title as the Flagship of the UL System, a title that can no longer be claimed by LSU, now that we are the same R1 status.
    LSU hasnt did try to claim "Flagship of the UL System" they are in a different "system"

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    That’s at least twice today you go there . . . for one day please, don’t worry, be happy . . .
    As usual, you need an explanation. It’s fine and dandy to chest thump, but the work has just begun. You think UL was/is the only one working for this? And as more make it, the goalposts will move.

All I’m saying is enjoy the moment, but keep working.

Knew I should of logged in first.

12. Default Re: Louisiana achieves Carnegie’s prestigious R1 designation

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    As usual, you need an explanation. It’s fine and dandy to chest thump, but the work has just begun. You think UL was/is the only one working for this? And as more make it, the goalposts will move.

All I’m saying is enjoy the moment, but keep working.

Knew I should of logged in first.
    Dude, all you worried about is LSU . . . WTF does that have to do with us continuing to do our work . . . I hate to be condescending, but I am . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    LSU hasnt did try to claim "Flagship of the UL System" they are in a different "system"
    They claim the flagship university of Louisiana

14. Default Re: Louisiana achieves Carnegie’s prestigious R1 designation

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    They claim the flagship university of Louisiana
    Yes, they have claimed to be the flagship University of the entire State of Louisiana.

They are in fact the Flagship of the Louisiana State University System.

They have never tried to claim being the Flagship of the University of Louisiana "System"

They have on the other hand tried to water down the University of Louisiana System.

They hope to, and are happy to, leave that system listless.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Yes, they have claimed to be the flagship University of the entire State of Louisiana.

They are in fact the Flagship of the Louisiana State University System.

They have never tried to claim being the Flagship of the University of Louisiana "System"

They have on the other hand tried to water down the University of Louisiana System.

They hope to, and are happy to, leave that system listless.
    The boys on Ragin Review and many others state our rival in Louisiana is only LSU. This further enforces said belief.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . LastLast

Thread Information