Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread: Louisiana is a "Tier One" School

Default Re: Carnegie R1 Status

Can’t wait to see the official ul statement on this!

I know this was expected, but is WONDERFUL that it is official! Huge for us.

3. Default Re: Carnegie R1 Status

This board has been talking about this being around the corner for years, looks like we have finally turned that corner and there it is . . .

WHAT!?!?!
    Best news in YEARS- even over football (and that takes a LOT for me to say)!!!
    After discussing this for YEARS now - and after someone explained a few months ago regarding the YEARS long process, I had given up hope for the near future.
    This will help for sports (better conference on the next realignment(??), admissions, grants, money, etc. Very VERY proud day indeed!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tdncz View Post
    WHAT!?!?!
    Best news in YEARS- even over football (and that takes a LOT for me to say)!!!
    After discussing this for YEARS now - and after someone explained a few months ago regarding the YEARS long process, I had given up hope for the near future.
    This will help for sports (better conference on the next realignment(??), admissions, grants, money, etc. Very VERY proud day indeed!!!
    Exactly! We had hoping and wishing for this to happen for so long, it is literraly a dream come true. And it cannot be overstated enough, of how big an impact it will benot just for the school, but for the city/Acadiana as well!

ZIPPER
    UP [DOWN]

Zzzzzzzzztt

Now we need a Law School and Med school and we are set.

December is, in fact, sweet for the Cajuns!

Best academic news ever. A glorious day for our alma mater.

I’ll have to text my wife while she’s at graduation to let faculty know.

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    December is, in fact, sweet for the Cajuns!
    No joke! Add this to the great FB season we just had, topping it off with a great showing (for now, lol) for the CCG, and all the positive attention we were getting for all of that, this is really is the a case of the 'sleeping giant' waking up and roaring!

11. Default Re: Carnegie R1 Status

It is really nice having a topic were all here can come together in joy and the feeling of triumph . . . GEAUX LOUISIANA RAGIN CAJUNS . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    It is really nice having a topic were all here can come together in joy and the feeling of triumph . . . GEAUX LOUISIANA RAGIN CAJUNS . . .
    Amen Vic, Amen.

Wow. I’ve been on this site since 2003 and I feel like every single year there were people saying we were “this close” to achieving R1 status. So much so that I had had long ago stopped believing them and just accepted that it would never actually happen.

What a pleasant surprise. Congrats to T-Joe and everyone else who worked their tails off to make this happen.

This is Amazing News. Finally R1!

What other universities in LA have this designation? Also, is there a higher classification?

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread Information