Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: 2021-22 Early Signing Day Thread

Default Re: Early Signing Day Thread

Looks like trey fite signed with smu, so other than Christian Williams who signed with Florida none of our other decommits signed elsewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    Looks like trey fite signed with smu, so other than Christian Williams who signed with Florida none of our other decommits signed elsewhere
    If Van Wells hasn't signed with anybody, I hope they revisit him.

Shane was light at center this year. His replacement might even be lighter.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: 2021-22 Early Signing Day Thread

Not that it matters much, but I believe that big O-lineman, Williams, was originally out of Barbe before the hurricanes last year forced a move. Regardless, glad that giant of a feller is in the fold.

Default Re: 2021-22 Early Signing Day Thread

Good job to Coach Des and what's left of the staff for retaining most of the recruits, they are a quality group, considering the circumstances.

5. Default Re: Early Signing Day Thread

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Wish we would have gotten Ibieta. But there are some really outstanding WRs who still haven’t signed.
    ….Our 3 Freshmen WR guys were COVID freshmen so they will only be sophs and LeBlanc a Jr!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ….Our 3 Freshmen WR guys were COVID freshmen so they will only be sophs and LeBlanc a Jr!
    I think Williams is all we’re losing at the WR position.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Weird to say this but the COVID year will help the Cajuns for years to come on both sides of the ball!

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    I think Williams is all we’re losing at the WR position.
    Bell as well

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    Bell as well
    Bell has removed his name from the transfer portal. I don't know if he's done playing football, or if he is returning next season.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Bell has removed his name from the transfer portal. I don't know if he's done playing football, or if he is returning next season.
    That brings up an interesting question…how many players enter the portal and end up out the game? MBB numbers would be very interesting.

11. Default Re: Early Signing Day Thread

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I had posted that here the other day. My thoughts are he is probably done playing football considering how little he played and our WR room is so full, but if he wants to come back and play, I hope he does. Kind of a Joe Dillon situation I would assume.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post
    This is downright absurd. NIL is going change the entire landscape of college sports. It will be not who I think I have the best chance of making it into a national championship game, best chance of making it into the NFL, best chance of an educationBUT where will I get paid the most.

Just when UL was making progress, NIL will put us and all the UL's in this world back to ground zero. This sucks.
    You realize only 10-15 teams ever have a real chance to even play for a nattie right? I think NIL is great, if players can’t legitimately win a nattie then they should get paid.

Coach Prime is apparently using NIL to make a name for his school and draw big time recruits. I’d never heard of Jackson St before he got there.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun309 View Post
    You realize only 10-15 teams ever have a real chance to even play for a nattie right? I think NIL is great, if players can’t legitimately win a nattie then they should get paid.

Coach Prime is apparently using NIL to make a name for his school and draw big time recruits. I’d never heard of Jackson St before he got there.
    I think some guy named Walter Payton played there at some time, or other.

14. Default Re: Early Signing Day Thread

Bet you did if you ever heard about this guy

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_Payton
    Another guy Jerry Rice from Mississippi Valley. I’m sure CMD needs to not forget Mississippi recruiting entirely.

Check our basketball schedule.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information