Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: 2021-22 Early Signing Day Thread

Default Re: Early Signing Day Thread

Who we have left to sign

Quote Originally Posted by CAJUNJUDO View Post
    Still not buying it. These one offs here and there bring excitement to their programs but it’s still a bad brand of football. Until they consistently fill out the offensive and defensive lines with 3 star recruits they’re not going to win against good competition. I went to the Southern Heritage Classic in Memphis this year and to the ULMost game where JSU almost won, but they didn’t. I couldn’t wait for either game to finish fast enough. It’s cool to say they played for Prime Time but I believe it’s really about the NIL deals that they’re after.

Oh, and with their “outstanding” year, look at who they’re playing as a reward. They have a worse record than Marshall. I don’t understand why they didn’t get into the FCS playoffs.
    The Bayou Classic being played on Thanksgiving weekend hold the SWAC hostage. With teams like Florida A&M and Jackson St being ranked, the SWAC should consider moving the Bayou Classic game earlier in the year and allow all SWAC teams a shot at the FCS playoff.

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    Who we have left to sign
    From what I hear, Zachary HS WR Roberson is still not close to qualifying. This info did not come our program, but it appears to be reasonable considering he recently picked up offers from Southern and SELU.

His not signing does not concern me because there are a number of quality WR athletes in JC, Portal or may become closer to eligibility. We will still need to address the OL, OLB/DE in February, or through the transfer portal.

Any other surprises expected today for the Cajuns?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    From what I hear, Zachary HS WR Roberson is still not close to qualifying. This info did not come our program, but it appears to be reasonable considering he recently picked up offers from Southern and SELU.

His not signing does not concern me because there are a number of quality WR athletes in JC, Portal or may become closer to eligibility. We will still need to address the OL, OLB/DE in February, or through the transfer portal.
    Thanks not a bad day at all hope we continue the momentum through February

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard 1280 View Post
    WOW!!! Maybe we shoulda interviewed Neon Deion.
    You are probably joking, but I just heard that Jackson St averaged 42k in attendance this season. I have no idea if that is correct, but that is what the CBS Sports HQ stream just said.

There is a lot of splash there, for sure. Deion will get a shot at a FBS job and very soon, not the best fit for our program though.

We have had a very solid day today. Based upon our expectations before Napier left, we are down a little, but I see a lot to calm those fears.

Here's the list of signees and offers they had according to 247.

Marcus Wiser
    Incarnate Word, New Mexico State, Nicholls, Northwestern St, Old Dominion, UTEP, Wofford

Lorenzell Dubose
    Oregon St, La Tech, Arkansas, Houston, Marshall, Memphis, Mississippi St, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, Purdue, SMU, Southern Miss

Damon Youngblood
    Air Force, Arkansas St, Army, Buffalo, Colorado St, Dartmouth, Furman, Liberty, Navy, New Mexico, North Texas, Rice, Tulane, Utah St

Zeon Chriss
    Air Force, App State, Army, Memphis, Miami (OH), San Diego St, South Alabama, William & Mary

Kailep Edwards
    Arizone St, Colorado, Houston, Lamar, Memphis, Michigan St, Mississippi St, Penn St, South Alabama, Southeastern LA, Tennessee, Tulane

Bryant Williams
    Colorado, Tulane

Terrance Carter
    Arkansas St

Jaydon Johnson
    Houston, Kansas, Marshall

Quote Originally Posted by cajungrad00 View Post
    Gotta be an issue with grades
    NIL for a few million.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    You are probably joking, but I just heard that Jackson St averaged 42k in attendance this season. I have no idea if that is correct, but that is what the CBS Sports HQ stream just said.

There is a lot of splash there, for sure. Deion will get a shot at a FBS job and very soon, not the best fit for our program though.
    It's correct, they averaged 43,300 for 6 homes games.

53,578 for homecoming.
    58,892 for senior day.
    50,128 for SWAC Championship

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    I’m not sure it’s an autocorrect
    Damn Dat J-Meaux correct

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post

Wish we would have gotten Ibieta. But there are some really outstanding WRs who still haven’t signed.

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post

53,578 for homecoming.
    58,892 for senior day.
    Too bad they don’t want to play in the FCS playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post

53,578 for homecoming.
    58,892 for senior day.
    Wow. How many did they bring to ULM?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Wow. How many did they bring to ULM?
    Attendance for that game was 21,720.
    ULM averaged 11,592 for their other home games. Fake numbers because they list over 11,500 for the Liberty game when there was about 5K tops.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information