Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: 2021-22 Early Signing Day Thread

Default Re: Early Signing Day Thread

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Not UL related but huge shocker in the world of recruiting as the #1 or #2 depending on the service you follow, Travis Hunter chooses Jackson State over FSU, who he originally committed to as well as Alabama, Auburn, Clemson, Florida, Georgia and many others. He is a 6'1 165 lb. 5 Star conerback from Suwannee, GA. His rating on 247 sports is .9999.
    WOW!!! Maybe we shoulda interviewed Neon Deion.

2. Default Re: Early Signing Day Thread

Quote Originally Posted by cajungrad00 View Post
    Gotta be an issue with grades
    I don't think so, I think this is a case of him wanting to play for Coach PrimeTIME

Maybe he wants to be coached by Prime.

I dont know about that. Neon Deion tweeted out last night that J-state was going to shock the world today, or something similar

Z

Quote Originally Posted by ZZeebart21 View Post
    I dont know about that. Neon Deion tweeted out last night that J-state was going to shock the world today, or something similar

Z
    He will make a couple mill with thr NIL

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    He will make a couple mill with thr NIL
    Barstool is paying him a boatload. That's who Prime works for.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    Barstool is paying him a boatload. That's who Prime works for.
    Insanity.

8. People Louisiana Football Inks Eight During 2022 Early Signing Period

Nationally-ranked Louisiana Football has continued to excel on the recruiting front with the addition of eight signees during the 2022 early signing period, head coach Michael Desormeaux announced on Wednesday.

So we have left to sign

10. Default Re: Early Signing Day Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ZZeebart21 View Post
    Insanity.
    I just watched his announcement and he had Florida State, Georgia and Clemson on the table (hats), went through all of them and then asked them to throw him the "J" hat, which was Jackson State.

Remember he signed a 4 star QB last year in Shedeur Sanders (his son). This and the number of high profile transfers from the FBS level, specifically the P5 teams and he is going to be someone to be reckoned with at JSU.

On another note, former NFLer, but more importantly a guy I graduated with from Brother Martin in 1988 has just become the head coach at Alabama State. These HBCU's are getting some high level names to come in and coach for them.

11. Default Re: Early Signing Day Thread

I just watched his announcement and he had Florida State, Georgia and Clemson on the table (hats), went through all of them and then asked them to throw him the "J" hat, which was Jackson State.

Remember he signed a 4 star QB last year in Shedeur Sanders (his son). This and the number of high profile transfers from the FBS level, specifically the P5 teams and he is going to be someone to be reckoned with at JSU.

On another note, former NFLer, but more importantly a guy I graduated with from Brother Martin in 1988 has just become the head coach at Alabama State. These HBCU's are getting some high level names to come in and coach for them.
    correction they actually had 2 4 star players last year, Shedeur Sanders and De'Jahn Warren. Warren was a UGA commitment and Sanders was an FAU commitment and they both flipped to JSU.

correction they actually had 2 4 star players last year, Shedeur Sanders and De'Jahn Warren. Warren was a UGA commitment and Sanders was an FAU commitment and they both flipped to JSU.

This is downright absurd. NIL is going change the entire landscape of college sports. It will be not who I think I have the best chance of making it into a national championship game, best chance of making it into the NFL, best chance of an educationBUT where will I get paid the most.

Just when UL was making progress, NIL will put us and all the UL's in this world back to ground zero. This sucks.

Apparently Tech offered Zeon Chriss at the 11th hour.

Boo hoo you hicks, GFY.

Still not buying it. These one offs here and there bring excitement to their programs but it’s still a bad brand of football. Until they consistently fill out the offensive and defensive lines with 3 star recruits they’re not going to win against good competition. I went to the Southern Heritage Classic in Memphis this year and to the ULMost game where JSU almost won, but they didn’t. I couldn’t wait for either game to finish fast enough. It’s cool to say they played for Prime Time but I believe it’s really about the NIL deals that they’re after.

Oh, and with their “outstanding” year, look at who they’re playing as a reward. They have a worse record than Marshall. I don’t understand why they didn’t get into the FCS playoffs.

15. Default Re: Early Signing Day Thread

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post
    This is downright absurd. NIL is going change the entire landscape of college sports. It will be not who I think I have the best chance of making it into a national championship game, best chance of making it into the NFL, best chance of an educationBUT where will I get paid the most.

Just when UL was making progress, NIL will put us and all the UL's in this world back to ground zero. This sucks.
    You are right, it will now come down to an FCS or G5 school deciding between what is best for the school (best coach available) or "SPLASH HIRE". The higher the splash the better chance for a recruit to flip because he feels he has a chance to make money with that coach, whether or not that coach is a good coach, just a big name. Look, Sanders did great and he might be a quality coach, but when JSU hired him it was not because of his talent as a HC, it was because of who he was. This is the same reason that Eddie Robinson JR was hired at Alabama State and Eddie George at Tennessee State. A low level G5 team might take a chance on a huge name because the hope to play for that coach who can get them an NIL deal is bigger and better than playing for a better G5 with less chance for an NIL.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information