Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: MBB Final: Louisiana 56, Houston 71

UL Basketball MBB Final: Louisiana 56, Houston 71

Well who is looking forward to this game.

On ESPN+ and on the radio. Terrestrial and apps.

I might listen while I exercise tonight just to have something to listen to.

2. Default Re: Basketball at Houston 12/14

Going to be ugly. Probably 35 turnovers.

Default Re: Basketball at Houston 12/14

I’m actually in Houston…won’t be able to make it.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    I’m actually in Houston…won’t be able to make it.
    I wouldn't want to even if I was there.

When you think things are bad, try Florida Gators MBB. Ranked #20, lost to a winless Texas Southern by 15 at home. We missed this, we were busy getting a coach.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...meId/401371844

This isn’t to validate losing to Jackson State. But stuff happens even to the ones that will make the dance due to conference affiliation.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    When you think things are bad, try Florida Gators MBB. Ranked #20, lost to a winless Texas Southern by 15 at home. We missed this, we were busy getting a coach.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...meId/401371844

This isn’t to validate losing to Jackson State. But stuff happens even to the ones that will make the dance due to conference affiliation.
    Yes, I saw that. For a decent portion of the game the deficit was over 20. I had to check the score twice when I saw it. How is Dayton getting all of these schools to go play them not to change the subject. They've gotten Miami, Kansas and Virginia Tech to go play them at their place beating all three of them. I never thought I'd see Kansas travelling to play a lower level team like that but they got 3 P5 teams to play them at home. We need to do some serious investigating.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Yes, I saw that. For a decent portion of the game the deficit was over 20. I had to check the score twice when I saw it. How is Dayton getting all of these schools to go play them not to change the subject. They've gotten Miami, Kansas and Virginia Tech to go play them at their place beating all three of them. I never thought I'd see Kansas travelling to play a lower level team like that but they got 3 P5 teams to play them at home. We need to do some serious investigating.
    Dayton was always able to get those kind of games. Never understood that.

Has Bob Marlin ever beat a ranked team?

Dayton has had a very respectable program for years now. They would have made a run at the final 4 had the season not been canceled over covid. So you see they are now everyone’s Super Bowl and everyone can’t wait to beat the flyers

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Dayton was always able to get those kind of games. Never understood that.
    Their coach tries

Dayton has a good pedigree. They won the NIT Championship in ‘62 (THE tournament before the NCAA came along). They’ve remained relevant since, with only a few off stretches. Amazingly, they’ve only had two automatic bids since the NCAA’s started.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dayton...27s_basketball

Also found this...

The Dayton basketball team...18 NCAA Tournament appearances ...They once played in the championship game of the tournament, in 1967 when the Flyers lost to UCLA 79-64 in the title game.

Overall, the Flyers have a 19-20 record in the NCAA tournament, including three appearances in the Elite Eight and seven appearances in the Sweet Sixteen.

——-
    So 11 of their 18 appearances, they made the round of 16. Impressive.

Basketball is their all in sport. Football is FCS since 93. Was D-1 thru ‘76. Dropped to D-3 between 76 and 93. Won a few D-3 titles. Did appear in the 1951 Salad Bowl. Nope, not making that up.

They been hosting NCAA play in round for years, same travel logistics for big teams traveling makes sense.

https://www.bizjournals.com/dayton/n...played-in.html

Big Fish finishes with a bang et shock da world...
    ...Cajuns win by 2!

Also.....
    Jameson is so awesome!!!!!

14. Default Re: Basketball at Houston 12/14

Regardless of what we think of this coach, winning tonight would be a big boost for our program. And we desperately need that…

15. Default Re: Basketball at Houston 12/14

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Regardless of what we think of this coach, winning tonight would be a big boost for our program. And we desperately need that…
    Wanting and expecting are two equal emotions. I’d love for Bob to start winning at extremely high levels, go deep into the NCAA dance and become a great legend coaching us into old age leaving a unparalleled legacy of greatness.

A random win isn’t moving the needle. No UL fan wants a loss ever

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information