Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8

Thread: MBB Final: Louisiana 56, Houston 71

Default Re: Basketball at Houston 12/14

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Why isn’t Jones on the floor?
    Why is Williams on the floor? He is terrible. Worse game I've seen Julien play. Garnett is a great shooter, but don't run plays to get him open. We were within 7 points with about 4 minutes to go, but shots wouldn't fall. Too many careless turnovers. No offensive rebounding killed us.

Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 56, Houston 71

UH arena is fantastic! Perfect size and not a bad seat in the house.
    We payed $40 to park. Considering UH is In a terrible part of town I guess it’s smart/opportunistic on their part

Default Re: Basketball at Houston 12/14

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Why is Williams on the floor? He is terrible. Worse game I've seen Julien play. Garnett is a great shooter, but don't run plays to get him open. We were within 7 points with about 4 minutes to go, but shots wouldn't fall. Too many careless turnovers. No offensive rebounding killed us.
    All interesting. Williams struggled a bit offensively as he is not a true PG and was unable to get into the lane to create off the dribble. He's not terrible though and we're going to rely on him in conference. You are correct, Julien didn't play that well and teams that are able to cut off his dribble to the basket have been effective in keeping him in check for which he starts to press and make more mistakes. I also saw something about his stats at home versus away. He is shooting horrible from the field on the road and has been completely opposite at home. He'll need to get more consistent moving forward to be successful in conference. Basketball IQ killed us. Garnett was on fire and I noted in the thread 3 times that he was wide open in transition for a great look at 3 and all were either misses or turnovers and they killed momentum. We are a turnover machine and that's been a constant regardless of caliber of team we've played. A big issue is we have too many bigs running the ball up the court off a defensive rebound which has led to a number of turnovers all year.

If Wesley is going to play, he HAS to be a Derek Fisher type player due to his size and knock down outside shots. If he can’t shoot from outside, defenses won’t be scared of him penetrating to the lane.

This game was served up to us on a silver platter and we said no thanks. Houston was missing key players and played absolutely horrible basketball in the second half. Someone on this tread said we have athletes and not basketball players, I would question how many athletes we have. I would also question if most of these players have the physicality to play high end D1 basketball. I thought half the turnovers were due to physical domination and not poor decision making.
    First time visiting their arena...really nice. Wish we had something that size.

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    This game was served up to us on a silver platter and we said no thanks. Houston was missing key players and played absolutely horrible basketball in the second half. Someone on this tread said we have athletes and not basketball players, I would question how many athletes we have. I would also question if most of these players have the physicality to play high end D1 basketball. I thought half the turnovers were due to physical domination and not poor decision making.
    Where is the other brother? Shame on you and Hou for leaving him out!

Z

7. Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 56, Houston 71

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    We’re pretty small compared to UH. We definitely had SEC body when Boyd and others were playing. Also 2018 team. We’re getting pushed around.

Quote Originally Posted by ZZeebart21 View Post
    Where is the other brother? Shame on you and Hou for leaving him out!

Z
    Someone has to work!

Physically the game was not a mismatch. Brown is a load for anyone to handle. Gueye and Richards provide plenty of size. When Theo comes back the frontline is a strength. Davis # 1 I think is also a legit d1 body. Most teams crater under the physicality of the Cougars, not the Cajuns. The only depressing thing about this squad is the turnovers. Once they got those under control the game was very competitive. It drives me nuts to see either Richards or Brown or other big come up with a loose ball and proceed to drive it from the backcourt and needlessly turn it over after crossing half court. You don't get points for tall guys dribbling. It happened last night as Brown came up with the ball with the Cajuns down 7 and he threw it away after getting pressured. Naturally the Cougars scored on the next possession for 1 of the few times in the second half. Physically the Cajuns met the eye test but have to learn to play with discipline on offense and cut down the turnovers.

Richards is like Justin Miller. I cringe every time he puts the ball on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by wscoog View Post
    Physically the game was not a mismatch. Brown is a load for anyone to handle. Gueye and Richards provide plenty of size. When Theo comes back the frontline is a strength. Davis # 1 I think is also a legit d1 body. Most teams crater under the physicality of the Cougars, not the Cajuns. The only depressing thing about this squad is the turnovers. Once they got those under control the game was very competitive. It drives me nuts to see either Richards or Brown or other big come up with a loose ball and proceed to drive it from the backcourt and needlessly turn it over after crossing half court. You don't get points for tall guys dribbling. It happened last night as Brown came up with the ball with the Cajuns down 7 and he threw it away after getting pressured. Naturally the Cougars scored on the next possession for 1 of the few times in the second half. Physically the Cajuns met the eye test but have to learn to play with discipline on offense and cut down the turnovers.
    We got physically bullied the entire first half. It was quite an embarrassing effort those guys put together in the first half. Glad they showed some fight in the second half against a severely undermanned Houston team that looked wore down late.

12. Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 56, Houston 71

Let the cheese be eaten.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8

Thread Information