Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: Recruiting class 2021-22

UL Football Recruiting class 2021-22

Is it just me or are we expected to get our butts kicked in recruiting this year… only 7 commits and signing day is one day away… not looking good right now…. How much we get from the transfer portal this year?

Default Re: Recruiting class 2021

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    Is it just me or are we expected to get our butts kicked in recruiting this year… only 7 commits and signing day is one day away… not looking good right now…. How much we get from the transfer portal this year?
    Looks like we picked up an eighth, and would be the highest rated of the group committed so far.

Need to keep the quality going. We seem to be struggling in Texas, so that needs to be addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    Looks like we picked up an eighth, and would be the highest rated of the group committed so far.

Need to keep the quality going. We seem to be struggling in Texas, so that needs to be addressed.
    Stapleton and Hamilton are the reasons.

Who is #8 ?

Yeah, who is the 8th? As of now, Kailep Edwards is not only the highest rated of the group this year, but he would be the highest ranked recruit we've ever had.

Quote Originally Posted by Gueydanmike1969 View Post
    Who is #8 ?
    Allegedly Lorenzell Dubose from Neville?

Was mentioned in one of the other threads.

https://forumeus.com/showthread.php/.ly-to-UF/page5

Somebody also mentioned something about a PWO kicker, which is marvelous. Hate to get stuck again if Almondares got hurt again.

Default Re: Recruiting class 2021-22

I would not be shocked at all if we are not a huge player this year in the transfer portal. We have been extremely active in the past under Coach Napier and I would suspect we will be again this year. Their are some huge names bouncing around the college world in the transfer portal and I bet Coach has already been active in contacting many players.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    I would not be shocked at all if we are not a huge player this year in the transfer portal. We have been extremely active in the past under Coach Napier and I would suspect we will be again this year. Their are some huge names bouncing around the college world in the transfer portal and I bet Coach has already been active in contacting many players.
    Huge as in Tayland Humphrey huge?

In all senses of the word, replacing him is gonna be tough.

Any of the "huge names" you can list here that you know of?

10. Default Re: Recruiting class 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    Allegedly Lorenzell Dubose from Neville?

Was mentioned in one of the other threads.

https://forumeus.com/showthread.php/.ly-to-UF/page5

Somebody also mentioned something about a PWO kicker, which is marvelous. Hate to get stuck again if Almondares got hurt again.

This would be a huge get for the Cajuns, he was originally a La Tech commit that decommitted recently. #18 player in the state of Louisiana. Good pickup if it is true.

We were at 95 scholarships this year. Minus the seniors and transfer outs right of now that leaves us only 12 slots. I do think will see more come transfers after spring.

12. Default Re: Recruiting class 2021-22

Quote Originally Posted by Gueydanmike1969 View Post
    Any of the "huge names" you can list here that you know of?
    Not that I know of right now, but we pulled a pretty good one late last year that no one was really thinking about and ended up being, arguably our best receiver, if not at least our best deep threat receiver in Michael Jefferson from Alabama State. His number of catches were not that impressive but his yardage and TD numbers were very good. Again, in the transfer portal it is not about getting huge names, but more what fits needs and Jefferson was a really good pickup for us last year. This dude averaged 25 yards per catch and finished 2nd on the team in TD's from the WR position with 4, only behind Kyren Lacy with 5. And was 2nd overall on the team in overall yardage.

Pulling Edwards and Dubose would give us our 2 highest rated recruits ever according to 247.

Not that I know of right now, but we pulled a pretty good one late last year that no one was really thinking about and ended up being, arguably our best receiver, if not at least our best deep threat receiver in Michael Jefferson from Alabama State. His number of catches were not that impressive but his yardage and TD numbers were very good. Again, in the transfer portal it is not about getting huge names, but more what fits needs and Jefferson was a really good pickup for us last year. This dude averaged 25 yards per catch and finished 2nd on the team in TD's from the WR position with 4, only behind Kyren Lacy with 5. And was 2nd overall on the team in overall yardage.
    Best deep threat? We must have watched 2 different teams.

15. Default Re: Recruiting class 2021-22

Quote Originally Posted by NillyBapier View Post
    Best deep threat? We must have watched 2 different teams.
    You are going to argue with me on Michael Jefferson numbers. He only had 15 catches but finished 2nd on the team in total yardage with 373 yards, only 44 yards behind the leader in Peter Leblanc who had 37 catches, more than doubled what MJ got. MJ finished averaging 24.87 yards per catch, while the next closet guy to him had only 17.83 and that was Johny Lumpkin a TE, the next WR to him was Kaleb Cater who only 3 catches and had 17 yards per catch. Jalen Williams was next with 14.69. 4 of MJ's 15 catches were for TD's, the highest percentage of any player on the team in terms of catches vs TD's.

Their is no statistic that you can look at that MJ was not the biggest deep threat receiver we had on this team, by a large margin.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information