Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Recruiting class 2021-22

Default Re: Recruiting class 2021-22

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    You are going to argue with me on Michael Jefferson numbers. He only had 15 catches but finished 2nd on the team in total yardage with 373 yards, only 44 yards behind the leader in Peter Leblanc who had 37 catches, more than doubled what MJ got. MJ finished averaging 24.87 yards per catch, while the next closet guy to him had only 17.83 and that was Johny Lumpkin a TE, the next WR to him was Kaleb Cater who only 3 catches and had 17 yards per catch. Jalen Williams was next with 14.69. 4 of MJ's 15 catches were for TD's, the highest percentage of any player on the team in terms of catches vs TD's.

Their is no statistic that you can look at that MJ was not the biggest deep threat receiver we had on this team, by a large margin.
    How many of Peter's catches were at the line of scrimmage on those bubble screens where he either lost yardage, no gain, or a modest gain?
    How many were shovel passes?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    https://www.hudl.com/profile/7972625.<br /> Isacks

What is his legacy?

Let me feed Boomer with a little cat nip! Here's a offer and legacy athlete that is 50/50 for tomorrow. I hear we are in good shape, but it's Louisiana or Tulane.

His dad was an offensive lineman in the 80s. Under Robertson & Stokely.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaCajun View Post
    His dad was an offensive lineman in the 80s. Under Robertson & Stokely.
    Transferred to Tulane after several years. He was here at homecoming and returned for the ULM game. He would like his son to play at UL, so it's up to his son. Des and Napier were recruiting him before he took the Florida job. He and Coach Desormeaux have a good relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    https://www.hudl.com/profile/7972625/Scott-Isacks

Let me feed Boomer with a little cat nip! Here's a offer and legacy athlete that is 50/50 for tomorrow. I hear we are in good shape, but it's Louisiana or Tulane.
    Don’t find him at all in 247. Maybe I screwed the pooch on my search.

Quote Originally Posted by IberiaCajun View Post
    How many of Peter's catches were at the line of scrimmage on those bubble screens where he either lost yardage, no gain, or a modest gain?
    How many were shovel passes?

Correct. It would be equivalent to looking at QB total rushing yards and figuring sacks into the equation. He might run for 80 but with a few sacks that could turn into 60. Same can be said for a guy who catches a swing pass behind the line of scrimmage with a defender in his face as soon as he touches it. He gets negative yards to his totals.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Waiting for C4L answer. I heard he was a white receiver from vermillion parish in the bustle years? As someone who’s been watching Cajuns since the 70s I just can’t figure out who he is. Don’t recall any that fit that description.
    Rich Rod told me if I were black, I would be signing with FSU, Florida, LSU or any other program I wanted.

Instead the only commitable offer that I had was to Tulane. I had PWO offers to USL, LaTech, ULM, and Texas.

I had T&F scholarship offers to several programs. I wanted to be a Cajun so I signed here. Walked on for football and took a 3/4 scholarship for T&F which is unheard of.

I was a terrible academic student. If I was a good student I would be in the HOF here in T&F, or in the discussion at least.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Rich Rod told me if I were black, I would be signing with FSU, Florida, LSU or any other program I wanted.

Instead the only commitable offer that I had was to Tulane. I had PWO offers to USL, LaTech, ULM, and Texas.

I had T&F scholarship offers to several programs. I wanted to be a Cajun so I signed here. Walked on for football and took a 3/4 scholarship for T&F which is unheard of.

I was a terrible academic student. If I was a good student I would be in the HOF here in T&F, or in the discussion at least.
    Dang. You must have done pretty good in high school to get that Tulane offer? But you are absolutely correct about the stereotyping. As much as I hate them Tech has always been a school to recruit white receivers who had success.

Did you ever get playing time in FB?

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    Don’t find him at all in 247. Maybe I screwed the pooch on my search.
    Yeah, I couldnt find him at all on 247 either

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Yeah, I couldnt find him at all on 247 either
    Hudle has him. Look for his Twitter account. 6'4, 250 LB/DE. Looks like Tarzan, hope he doesn't play like Jane.Top 100 prospect in La.

What time does letters of intent start rolling in

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Dang. You must have done pretty good in high school to get that Tulane offer? But you are absolutely correct about the stereotyping. As much as I hate them Tech has always been a school to recruit white receivers who had success.

Did you ever get playing time in FB?
    No, redshirted Stokley’s last season. Went through spring with Baldwin. Promised a scholarship in the fall. It never came, so I focused on partying and track……then school.

Pretty much in that order.

Do I believe I was good enough to play them, yes. But, I definitely wasn’t a super star.

The Tulane offer was good, only if I met their admissions. Which I didn’t. I lacked the ACT score.

13. Default Re: Recruiting class 2021-22

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    No, redshirted Stokley’s last season. Went through spring with Baldwin. Promised a scholarship in the fall. It never came, .
    Baldwin's treatment of players contributed to Venable getting 7-years of eligibility or so I've been told.

14. Default Re: Recruiting class 2021-22

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Hudle has him. Look for his Twitter account. 6'4, 250 LB/DE. Looks like Tarzan, hope he doesn't play like Jane.Top 100 prospect in La.
    Not that this is a great site, but Dandy Don has him as the 91st ranked player in Louisiana.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Not that this is a great site, but Dandy Don has him as the 91st ranked player in Louisiana.
    Just curious, why is he not listed on 247?

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information