Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . LastLast

Thread: Recruiting class 2021-22

1. Default Re: Recruiting class 2021-22

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    I can agree with everything in this post.
    ….there are different types of speed….when you ask the players who is the fastest they always mention PLeB….he does have straight on speed and power but not the quick acceleration and shiftiness….plus he is a damn good downfield blocker…all opponents know how he can burn them so they are not gonna let him go deep and beat them, ergo giving cushion…we are blessed with some very good and returning guys…COVID-19 has given us a great # of skilled players!

Default Re: Recruiting class 2021-22

First off we were talking about this year, MJ was not on the team that played Iowa state so you can not compare them.

So I just went back through every game this year and MJ has had 8 plays of over 20 yards while Peter has had only 6. I can’t tell how many times they were targeted but I can tell you what they caught.

Here is the breakdown during the season:

In the Texas game, neither player had a reception over 20 yards

In the Nichols game, Jefferson had two, one for 27 and another for 46, while Peter had only one for 31.

In the Ohio game Jefferson didn't have any, while Peter had 1 for 46.

In the Georgia Southern game Jefferson had one for 48, while Peter had none.

In the USA game neither player had a play over 20 yards

In the App game, Jefferson had 1 for 36, while Peter had none.

In the Arkansas State game neither player had a play of over 20 yards

In the Texas State game Jefferson had 1 for 21, and Peter had none.

In the Georgia State game, Jefferson had 1 for 31 while Peter had one for 35.

In the Troy game Jefferson had 1 for 52, while Peter had none.

In the Liberty game Jefferson had none, while Peter had 1 for 31.

In the ULM game Jefferson had none, while Peter had 1 for 27.

In the App game Jefferson had 1 for 27, while Peter had 1 for 35.
    Don’t forget the 2 in the championship game. For huge first downs that kept the chains moving. Sounds like a draw at the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ….there are different types of speed….when you ask the players who is the fastest they always mention PLeB….he does have straight on speed and power but not the quick acceleration and shiftiness….plus he is a damn good downfield blocker…all opponents know how he can burn them so they are not gonna let him go deep and beat them, ergo giving cushion…we are blessed with some very good and returning guys…COVID-19 has given us a great # of skilled players!
    Boom you got the blocking part right. No doubt the best in that room and hardest worker when it comes to playing when the ball is not coming his way.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    Would prefer Mitchell and Butler.
    Absolutely but I was being realistic.

I will also tell you that almost everyone of MJ's catches were long throws that he caught, while at least a couple of the long plays by PL, were short passes that he got more than 20 yards. MJ is a deep threat guy, not a over the middle guy. I will say this about our receiving corps.

Kyren Lacy is probably the most athletic receiver we have.
    Michael Jefferson is probably the best deep threat receiver we have.
    John Stephens JR is probably the best fade receiver we have.
    Peter Leblanc is probably the most complete (by that I mean he can catch the slant, deep and fade).
    Dontae Fleming is probably the fastest receiver we have (I know this is arguable, he just appears faster on the field then others).
    Jalen Williams is the oldest and biggest target receiver we have (at WR)
    Emani Bailey is the best RB receiver we have
    Neal Johnson is the best TE receiver we have
    Actually when it comes to fastest if you go by what the stop watch says it is not arguable. And the fastest is not Donte.

Great recruiting talk guys

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Again, you are flat wrong. We get it, you got a man crush for Leblanc and that's understandable since he's a local kid but you simply can't say he had the most long balls this year especially when his ypc was 11 and Jefferson was 24.9. We have no proof that he is or isn't the fastest player in that group but what I can tell you is that he didn't get the separation that Jefferson got on his big plays.
    Yes we can tell you he is the fastest in the room and yes there is proof it’s called an electronically controlled stop watch.

Does anyone thing there will be good surprises tomorrow or are we pretty much set on the commits we have.

I'm guessing we won't have any surprises on ESD due to staff turnover, focus on temporary staff assignments and bowl game?

Guess we need to wait for NSD to see how our permanent staff performs on the recruiting trail. I'm pro-CMD, but I am worried that his recruiting prowess was tied to Napier being HC. Statements I see being put out about his relationships with HS coaches makes me feel like that isn't the case.

Right after I made this post, saw the good news that Lorenzell Dubose committed to us due to CMD. Worry alleviated already.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Again, you are flat wrong. We get it, you got a man crush for Leblanc and that's understandable since he's a local kid but you simply can't say he had the most long balls this year especially when his ypc was 11 and Jefferson was 24.9. We have no proof that he is or isn't the fastest player in that group but what I can tell you is that he didn't get the separation that Jefferson got on his big plays.
    Not fair to look at yds per total catches in this as Pete was used on many passes behind the line of scrimmage, which is probably not his greatest asset, which brought his average down. Jefferson wasn’t used that way. Anyway some one did break it down by game and they appear to be neck and neck. Great to have 2 deep threats.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    Does anyone thing there will be good surprises tomorrow or are we pretty much set on the commits we have.
    I’m curious if tech knows the Neville kid de-committed? I hope they get surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by NillyBapier View Post
    I’m curious if tech knows the Neville kid de-committed? I hope they get surprised.
    Yes, he posted that he was de-committing when they changed coaches.

According to 247, we have seven commits, and 5 decommits.

Adding Dubose Gives us eight commits.

Florida has seven commits and 13 de commits

That includes the offense of lineman who flipped who went from a rating of 81+ to 84+(if memory serves me correct) when he flipped Florida.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Recruiting class 2021-22

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    He could but it is very unlikely. He spoke to the QB Club towards the end of the season. We learned that day he already has his degree and has been offered coaching/teaching positions by most of the high schools in the city. One offered him the position of OL Coach and head wrestling coach. When you are the HC of any sport, you get a few more dollars. He also wants to look into being a chef. Bottom line, Shane is ready to enter the real world. Playing another season would just defer any income he is set to receive from potential jobs. He is not a pro prospect so it does not make any sense for him to return.
    Wow. Looks like he has his future all set in front of him. Best of luck, Shane!! WAY TO GEAUX!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NillyBapier View Post
    Not a peep about it on BBB. Maybe they dont

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . LastLast

Thread Information