Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread: Recruiting class 2021-22

1. Default Re: Recruiting class 2021-22

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Unless I missed something this year I have to agree with Nilly. Going back to the Iowa st game last year we haven’t had a receiver get behind the defense as well as the LeBlanc kid has. IMO. I’m pretty sure I’ve seen every play during that time frame.
    First off we were talking about this year, MJ was not on the team that played Iowa state so you can not compare them.

So I just went back through every game this year and MJ has had 8 plays of over 20 yards while Peter has had only 6. I can’t tell how many times they were targeted but I can tell you what they caught.

Here is the breakdown during the season:

In the Texas game, neither player had a reception over 20 yards

In the Nichols game, Jefferson had two, one for 27 and another for 46, while Peter had only one for 31.

In the Ohio game Jefferson didn't have any, while Peter had 1 for 46.

In the Georgia Southern game Jefferson had one for 48, while Peter had none.

In the USA game neither player had a play over 20 yards

In the App game, Jefferson had 1 for 36, while Peter had none.

In the Arkansas State game neither player had a play of over 20 yards

In the Texas State game Jefferson had 1 for 21, and Peter had none.

In the Georgia State game, Jefferson had 1 for 31 while Peter had one for 35.

In the Troy game Jefferson had 1 for 52, while Peter had none.

In the Liberty game Jefferson had none, while Peter had 1 for 31.

In the ULM game Jefferson had none, while Peter had 1 for 27.

In the App game Jefferson had 1 for 27, while Peter had 1 for 35.

2. Default Re: Recruiting class 2021-22

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Unless I missed something this year I have to agree with Nilly. Going back to the Iowa st game last year we haven’t had a receiver get behind the defense as well as the LeBlanc kid has. IMO. I’m pretty sure I’ve seen every play during that time frame.
    I will also tell you that almost everyone of MJ's catches were long throws that he caught, while at least a couple of the long plays by PL, were short passes that he got more than 20 yards. MJ is a deep threat guy, not a over the middle guy. I will say this about our receiving corps.

Kyren Lacy is probably the most athletic receiver we have.
    Michael Jefferson is probably the best deep threat receiver we have.
    John Stephens JR is probably the best fade receiver we have.
    Peter Leblanc is probably the most complete (by that I mean he can catch the slant, deep and fade).
    Dontae Fleming is probably the fastest receiver we have (I know this is arguable, he just appears faster on the field then others).
    Jalen Williams is the oldest and biggest target receiver we have (at WR)
    Emani Bailey is the best RB receiver we have
    Neal Johnson is the best TE receiver we have

Default Re: Recruiting class 2021-22

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    I will also tell you that almost everyone of MJ's catches were long throws that he caught, while at least a couple of the long plays by PL, were short passes that he got more than 20 yards. MJ is a deep threat guy, not a over the middle guy. I will say this about our receiving corps.

Kyren Lacy is probably the most athletic receiver we have.
    Michael Jefferson is probably the best deep threat receiver we have.
    John Stephens JR is probably the best fade receiver we have.
    Peter Leblanc is probably the most complete (by that I mean he can catch the slant, deep and fade).
    Dontae Fleming is probably the fastest receiver we have (I know this is arguable, he just appears faster on the field then others).
    Jalen Williams is the oldest and biggest target receiver we have (at WR)
    Emani Bailey is the best RB receiver we have
    Neal Johnson is the best TE receiver we have
    I think what needs to be pointed out here is Jefferson -Z and Leblanc -X are running different route trees, depending upon the game plan. They do run the same routes on occasion, just out of different formations and those are the routes the Levy throws well.

In my opinion, LeBlanc is more polished in his route running and is more capable of running a number of different routes than Jefferson. Now, I also agree with you that Jefferson has been used more this season to take the top off of defenses.

4. Default Re: Recruiting class 2021-22

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I think what needs to be pointed out here is Jefferson -Z and Leblanc -X are running different route trees, depending upon the game plan. They do run the same routes on occasion, just out of different formations and those are the routes the Levy throws well.

In my opinion, LeBlanc is more polished in his route running and is more capable of running a number of different routes than Jefferson. Now, I also agree with you that Jefferson has been used more this season to take the top off of defenses.
    I can agree with everything in this post.

I can agree with everything in this post.
    I don't think MJ has dropped any pass that was catchable. We should go to him much more with than we have this season. I'm looking forward to a more varied passing attack next season!

6. Default Re: Recruiting class 2021-22

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    I don't think MJ has dropped any pass that was catchable. We should go to him much more with than we have this season. I'm looking forward to a more varied passing attack next season!
    I am not sure if that is accurate, hell it might be, but I have not seen many that he has dropped if any. I said it before the season started that I thought he would be the biggest offensive surprise on this team of any newcomers. While I wish he had caught more than 15 passes, I can not be disappointed with the results of those 15 receptions.

Quote Originally Posted by NillyBapier View Post
    OK. I wont say Peter. I’ll let the numbers speak for them selves. He is the fastest in that room and caught the most deep balls this year in the group. I think where he was misused was on the speed reverse type plays probably not his strongest of his attributes from what I could see. Are you one of those guys that think because he’s white he can’t be the fastest and a deep ball threat? White equals possession receiver right?
    Again, you are flat wrong. We get it, you got a man crush for Leblanc and that's understandable since he's a local kid but you simply can't say he had the most long balls this year especially when his ypc was 11 and Jefferson was 24.9. We have no proof that he is or isn't the fastest player in that group but what I can tell you is that he didn't get the separation that Jefferson got on his big plays.

Quote Originally Posted by NillyBapier View Post
    All I’m saying is he caught more and was targeted more on the deep ball. That is just facts. We all have opinions and judging by the actual facts it looks like leger and Napier must have felt differently than you and others.
    These are not facts. If you have some sort of season analytics or statistics that you are looking at please share but like I said before, Peter's ypc was 11. That's not exactly signifying a real deep threat. Not saying he hasn't caught deep balls before but I believe once he got the drops at the beginning of the season, they changed up his routes and had him running shorter to intermediate routes more.

Are we currently recruiting LeBlanc and Jefferson again? Asking for the thread title.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    That's Lacey's biggest problem. The guy has NFL everything except hands. He can't finish the deal most of the time.

So was early signing day yesterday, or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    Not. Tomorrow.

Am I still on the 2021-22 recruiting class thread?

14. Default Re: Recruiting class 2021-22

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    No tomorrow.

No tomorrow.
    Thanks, all this old signing day, new signing day, early signing day crap is just too much. I wish it was the good old days when you had one day where everyone signed, they all did their propaganda videos & everyone had jambalaya, hot wings & beer. So, how does all of this ____ work with the transfer portal? Do those people have to sign up for the portal by tomorrow? Do they have to be signed by tomorrow? What's the difference between the two signing day? Can anyone sign anywhere in between those days? It sounds like an awful lot of recruits are just putting off their signing days as well. Who the hell really understands this stuff now?

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread Information