Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread: Recruiting class 2021-22

Default Re: Recruiting class 2021-22

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    He and Stevens were our best deep ball receivers. Not sure who you could have in mind and please don't say Peter Leblanc
    OK. I wont say Peter. I’ll let the numbers speak for them selves. He is the fastest in that room and caught the most deep balls this year in the group. I think where he was misused was on the speed reverse type plays probably not his strongest of his attributes from what I could see. Are you one of those guys that think because he’s white he can’t be the fastest and a deep ball threat? White equals possession receiver right?

2. Default Re: Recruiting class 2021-22

Quote Originally Posted by NillyBapier View Post
    OK. I wont say Peter. I’ll let the numbers speak for them selves. He is the fastest in that room and caught the most deep balls this year in the group. I think where he was misused was on the speed reverse type plays probably not his strongest of his attributes from what I could see. Are you one of those guys that think because he’s white he can’t be the fastest and a deep ball threat? White equals possession receiver right?
    No Peter is very good on deep balls. But no where near as good as Jefferson. Not even close.
    Last edited by Turbine; December 15th, 2021 at 04:39 am. Reason: Petter quote

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    No Peter is very good on deep balls. But no where near as good as Jefferson. Not even close.
    All I’m saying is he caught more and was targeted more on the deep ball. That is just facts. We all have opinions and judging by the actual facts it looks like leger and Napier must have felt differently than you and others.

Peter has come around over these last 4-5 weeks. Hate the jet sweep but the dude has balled.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    In footes article today from the press conference Des said some of the Jrs that went through Sr day are considering a return. Did not mention names. Begeron as a blocking TE would be nice.
    Would prefer Mitchell and Butler.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    Would prefer Mitchell and Butler.
    Unfortunately not happening. Max will probably be a 2nd round pick, Percy will probably be 5th

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    Unfortunately not happening. Max will probably be a 2nd round pick, Percy will probably be 5th
    Butler could go higher, depending upon how well he does at the all star game.

Shane wants to coach. Five years in the program he is ready to move on. He posted in facebook and told me that he played his last game at cajun field for the championship game. I really enjoyed watching him play. You could tell
    He was having a blast out there.

Quote Originally Posted by LOVAQUE View Post
    Shane wants to coach. Five years in the program he is ready to move on. He posted in facebook and told me that he played his last game at cajun field for the championship game. I really enjoyed watching him play. You could tell
    He was having a blast out there.
    Any chance he could change his mind? When does someone have to recommit to that last season?

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    Any chance he could change his mind? When does someone have to recommit to that last season?
    He could but it is very unlikely. He spoke to the QB Club towards the end of the season. We learned that day he already has his degree and has been offered coaching/teaching positions by most of the high schools in the city. One offered him the position of OL Coach and head wrestling coach. When you are the HC of any sport, you get a few more dollars. He also wants to look into being a chef. Bottom line, Shane is ready to enter the real world. Playing another season would just defer any income he is set to receive from potential jobs. He is not a pro prospect so it does not make any sense for him to return.

My son and Shane went to school and played baseball together. Such a good kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    He could but it is very unlikely. He spoke to the QB Club towards the end of the season. We learned that day he already has his degree and has been offered coaching/teaching positions by most of the high schools in the city. One offered him the position of OL Coach and head wrestling coach. When you are the HC of any sport, you get a few more dollars. He also wants to look into being a chef. Bottom line, Shane is ready to enter the real world. Playing another season would just defer any income he is set to receive from potential jobs. He is not a pro prospect so it does not make any sense for him to return.
    I heard one of the players on Scott's show this morning saying he was coming back to get his master's degree & playing one more year. I didn't catch who it was, but it's a great opportunity if a guy can get a master's degree to take it. Not sure the cost of attaining one, but I would imagine graduate school would pretty expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Can anyone explain how all of this post covid eligibility stuff works out? I can't keep up with all of this who's eligible, who's not, transfer portal times & limits, etc.

14. Default Re: Recruiting class 2021-22

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    Can anyone explain how all of this post covid eligibility stuff works out? I can't keep up with all of this who's eligible, who's not, transfer portal times & limits, etc.
    You are more interested in painting NO as a place nobody should dare go together with vaccines and masks to keep up with these things about sports . . .

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post

Unless I missed something this year I have to agree with Nilly. Going back to the Iowa st game last year we haven’t had a receiver get behind the defense as well as the LeBlanc kid has. IMO. I’m pretty sure I’ve seen every play during that time frame.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread Information