Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread: Recruiting class 2021-22

Default Re: Recruiting class 2021

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    This would be a huge get for the Cajuns, he was originally a La Tech commit that decommitted recently. #18 player in the state of Louisiana. Good pickup if it is true.
    It's true, but it won't be official until Wednesday. But a little time bit for you, Lamar Morgan recruited him at Vanderbilt.

Default Re: Recruiting class 2021-22

Not that I know of right now, but we pulled a pretty good one late last year that no one was really thinking about and ended up being, arguably our best receiver, if not at least our best deep threat receiver in Michael Jefferson from Alabama State. His number of catches were not that impressive but his yardage and TD numbers were very good. Again, in the transfer portal it is not about getting huge names, but more what fits needs and Jefferson was a really good pickup for us last year. This dude averaged 25 yards per catch and finished 2nd on the team in TD's from the WR position with 4, only behind Kyren Lacy with 5. And was 2nd overall on the team in overall yardage.
    How about TCU Transfer Patrick Jenkins, former 4* DT from John Ehret.One time Alice Shu committment.

In footes article today from the press conference Des said some of the Jrs that went through Sr day are considering a return. Did not mention names. Begeron as a blocking TE would be nice.

Just saw that we are losing a commitment from Trey Fite

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    We were at 95 scholarships this year. Minus the seniors and transfer outs right of now that leaves us only 12 slots. I do think will see more come transfers after spring.
    I have no idea how many slots we had this year or how the COVID year affects this. But assuming we had 95 (and the regular limit is 85 scholarships available), I count 10 seniors (either 9 or all 10 scholarship), 4 guys in the portal (3 or 4 scholarship), 2 that are going pro as a junior (Butler and Mitchell), and 1 supposedly not returning (Vallot). That would leave less than 10 scholarships available plus whatever is allowed extra for the COVID year eligibility.

On one hand, this is really good as it indicates how deep this team is. On the other, our coaches should be focused on quality rather than quantity. So we shouldn't judge this class on sheer numbers or even recruiting rank (which is partially based on number of recruits). Our staff should be focused on bringing in depth at key positions and high quality players.

Additionally, with the new "1 free transfer rule", there is an absurd amount of talent in the portal coming out of other schools - almost enough to fill an entire draft class for every FBS team in the country. Without question, transfers are going to play a much bigger part of recruiting for everyone and the Cajuns' staff will be looking for guys who fit our system and into our locker room.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    It's true, but it won't be official until Wednesday. But a little time bit for you, Lamar Morgan recruited him at Vanderbilt.
    Im pickin up what your laying down

Gentlemen, this is not the time for CDS to set in. Get a strong drink, sit and relax.

Z

You are going to argue with me on Michael Jefferson numbers. He only had 15 catches but finished 2nd on the team in total yardage with 373 yards, only 44 yards behind the leader in Peter Leblanc who had 37 catches, more than doubled what MJ got. MJ finished averaging 24.87 yards per catch, while the next closet guy to him had only 17.83 and that was Johny Lumpkin a TE, the next WR to him was Kaleb Cater who only 3 catches and had 17 yards per catch. Jalen Williams was next with 14.69. 4 of MJ's 15 catches were for TD's, the highest percentage of any player on the team in terms of catches vs TD's.

Their is no statistic that you can look at that MJ was not the biggest deep threat receiver we had on this team, by a large margin.
    I think Jefferson was our best overall receiver this year. He was a huge get.

Why is Vallot not returning?

Stephens reminds me of Jamal Robinson. Physical in the red zone.

We need some drag route receivers like Lawson and Peoples from 2011-2012

Quote Originally Posted by Atown cajun View Post
    Why is Vallot not returning?
    He has his degree, but I haven't heard that he officially is not returning.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Im pickin up what your laying down
    I think I am too. We’ll see.

Quote Originally Posted by NillyBapier View Post
    Best deep threat? We must have watched 2 different teams.
    He and Stevens were our best deep ball receivers. Not sure who you could have in mind and please don't say Peter Leblanc

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    He and Stevens were our best deep ball receivers. Not sure who you could have in mind and please don't say Peter Leblanc
    Mr. Jefferson was dam good on 50/ 50 balls hehe chamona

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread Information