Thread: Podcast: Coach Michael Desormeaux (12-13-21)

Tickets Podcast: Coach Michael Desormeaux (12-13-21)

Louisiana head football coach Michael Desormeaux joined Scott to discuss what the last week has been like, balancing coaching life with family life, the significance of a $2.5 million salary pool, preparing for Marshall and the New Orleans Bowl, keys to victory, the most painful injury he's ever suffered.

Default Re: Podcast: Coach Michael Desormeaux (12-13-21)

Why make CMD relive his aweful ATV accident? Then makes a remark about his wife....Dude, do some research before you conduct an interview...You half way embarassed the man. Ask some football questions or recruiting (in general, can't get specific) questions, or something other than "what was your worst injury on or off the field", when you damn near knew the answer to the question. You should be ____ canned. How much longer do UL fans have to put up with half assing interviews?

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Why make CMD relive his aweful ATV accident? Then makes a remark about his wife....Dude, do some research before you conduct an interview...You half way embarassed the man. Ask some football questions or recruiting (in general, can't get specific) questions, or something other than "what was your worst injury on or off the field", when you damn near knew the answer to the question. You should be ____ canned. How much longer do UL fans have to put up with half assing interviews?
    The ATV accident is part of who he is. I talked with him about it in the podcast I did.

Nothing wrong with that question.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post

Not the first time you've managed to embarrase yourself Scott and the coach to boot. Not good bro...
    Haven't had time to listen to the interview. But I'm almost certain that Jay and Mike talked about the ATV accident last week on Jay's podcast.

that's fine, it just sounded like CMD didn't want to chat about it. you could hear the angst in his voice. My opinion, it wasn't good form to ask that question knowing what the answer would be and drag coach mike through all of that again. The dead air said it all....But, I'm just some old f,k, who was taught a different way I guess....

6. Default Re: Podcast: Coach Michael Desormeaux (12-13-21)

I don't remember the date of the accident but I remember going to a recruiting bash or a fund raiser on Pinhook, and it seems like the accident had just happened and everyone was worried that it would end his football playing career.

Everyone is a critic.

Thread Information