Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Layne Hatcher transfer

UL Football Layne Hatcher transfer

Interesting news this morning as Arkansas state starting QB has announced his transfer to Texas state.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Layne Hatcher transfer

Why?? Sounds like a step down to me...

3. Default Re: Layne Hatcher transfer

Maybe it’s to avoid a sit down . . .

Default Re: Layne Hatcher transfer

He’s tired of being plan B. on the State roster?

Quote Originally Posted by Atown cajun View Post
    He’s tired of being plan B. on the State roster?
    This. He was the starter against us because the other guy was hurt. They were playing two guys but Hatcher was definitely the second choice.

Hatcher is the player that kept stAte in the game vs UL.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    This. He was the starter against us because the other guy was hurt. They were playing two guys but Hatcher was definitely the second choice.
    Which is tremendously odd being that Hatcher has performed well every time he has been given a chance, but this is the 2nd coach to make him either the 2nd or a part time option. Blake Anderson did the same thing, but he is not walking into a great situation at Texas State either. Here is the TSU situation he is walking into. He probably will have the upper hand when he walks on campus, but this won't be just handed to him.

Current Starter--Brady McBride, McBride has more upside than maybe any QB in the SBC, but turnovers and injuries have plagued him since day 1. McBride was a 3 star recruit that originally signed with Memphis. My personal thoughts are the BM experience is over at Texas State.

Backup--Tyler Vitt, Vitt is a huge kid with a lot of upside as a fantastic athlete, but has struggled to throw the ball down field, he excels at the RPO and being more of a running threat QB.

Other QB's in the mix:

Ty Evans transfer from NC State held offers out of HS from NC State, Colorado, Alabama, Arizona State, Colorado State, FIU, Michigan, Northwestern, Ole Miss, South Carolina and Texas A&M.

Tanner Prewitt transfer from Arizona State, limited information on him.

I think Hatcher has the upper hand, but it will be interesting to start the 2022 season.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post

Backup--Tyler Vitt, Vitt is a huge kid with a lot of upside as a fantastic athlete, but has struggled to throw the ball down field, he excels at the RPO and being more of a running threat QB.
    Some people have even said he's every bit as good as Levi Lewis, maybe better...

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Some people have even said he's every bit as good as Levi Lewis, maybe better...
    Haha!! One of the best ever “hot takes” on this board

One has to think this is Spavs last chance.

11. Default Re: Layne Hatcher transfer

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    One has to think this is Spavs last chance.
    That I do believe, I was really under the assumption he would be gone this year, but obviously he is making a run at Hatcher to save his job. Like I said earlier this to me looks like the Brady McBride experiment is over in San Marcos, which is crazy because the thinking was this kid had the chance to be one of the best QB's in the SBC at one point. I would not be surprised if we do not see BM transfer out of Texas State now.

12. Default Re: Layne Hatcher transfer

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    That’s just one person . . .

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    That I do believe, I was really under the assumption he would be gone this year, but obviously he is making a run at Hatcher to save his job. Like I said earlier this to me looks like the Brady McBride experiment is over in San Marcos, which is crazy because the thinking was this kid had the chance to be one of the best QB's in the SBC at one point. I would not be surprised if we do not see BM transfer out of Texas State now.
    He had flashes but his supporting cast is bad to awful

14. Default Re: Layne Hatcher transfer

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    That’s just one person . . .
    I know Levi Lewis is good and plays larger than life, but he's always only been one person.

Bo Nix visiting ULMost…….

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information