Thread: Lanning goes to Oregon as HC

Default Lanning goes to Oregon as HC

Was Lanning ever a true possibility for UL? Did he interview? May he have accepted the job is if offered? This is a pretty big deal to compete with Oregon over a HC….

Default Re: Lanning goes to Oregon as HC

We interviewed him in Athens.

.pain

4. Default Re: Lanning goes to Oregon as HC

Certainly money for a coach is a factor. We may have interviewed him and couldn’t meet his contract demands. The term’ best coach for here’ can certainly be true and not the best coach. Here includes everything including money. You’d never reveal your available money hemmed you in on a hire. Or CMD was simply the better interview with the addition of knowing what kind of person you getting.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Certainly money for a coach is a factor. We may have interviewed him and couldn’t meet his contract demands. The term’ best coach for here’ can certainly be true and not the best coach. Here includes everything including money. You’d never reveal your available money hemmed you in on a hire. Or CMD was simply the better interview with the addition of knowing what kind of person you getting.
    FWIW, Maggard said after each interview he would evaluate and everything kept bringing him back to MD. Not that I would expect him to say otherwise but he could have just not said it I guess

This was NOT a knock at MD, it was only a comment that a coach was interested in UL in ADDITION TO P5 schools -and they he eventually landed at a top tier ( legit natl championship contender) school
    Just another “how far we have come.”

7. Default Re: Lanning goes to Oregon as HC

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    FWIW, Maggard said after each interview he would evaluate and everything kept bringing him back to MD. Not that I would expect him to say otherwise but he could have just not said it I guess
    I guess he was aware of the concerns people had about experience. He almost had to address it in some fashion.

Thread Information