Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: MBB: Tech Rallies Past Louisiana, 78-69

Default Re: MBB: Tech Rallies Past Louisiana, 78-69

LOL ____ bob marlin

I’d like to hear from Mike or JW on why the team is floundering. It’s depressing to see that the team is struggling like they are.

Never knew till today Jordan Brown was a Cajun. How did I miss this?

4. Default Re: MBB: Tech Rallies Past Louisiana, 78-69

Quote Originally Posted by ultracajun View Post
    Never knew till today Jordan Brown was a Cajun. How did I miss this?
    Consequences of non relevance. Our program is dying the slow death of non relevance.

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    Keep in mind we are only getting ready for the sun belt tournament. That's all that matters.

Big game Bob is a nice guy. His players love him. He graduates his players. We are lucky to have him.

Think about the last football home game. Concession lines were terrible. Couldnt move around the stadium. Just too many people.

At the mcneese basketball game I had no wait time at any concession. Heck it took me about 6 mins to get a daddy soda and some fresh roasted nuts and sit in my seat.
    +100 right here!

These folks are all gonna change their tune with Big Fish leads us to that big tournament win and a March Madness birth this Spring.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    +100 right here!

These folks are all gonna change their tune with Big Fish leads us to that big tournament win and a March Madness birth this Spring.
    ..or an invite to the SE Used Furniture non relevant college basketball tourney.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripple Threat View Post
    I’d like to hear from Mike or JW on why the team is floundering. It’s depressing to see that the team is struggling like they are.
    Definitely discouraging game yesterday. As far as struggles go, Kobe Julien inconsistency is a factor. In the last three road games he is one for 22 from the field. He has played fairly well in the home games. He tends to drive the ball into traffic frequently which causes turnovers. They need to find him a way to get him a basket early which seems to get him going. Inconsistent point guard play is of course an issue which leads to turnovers. Reducing turnovers is the no. 1 way to improvement. However, I have no idea how to accomplish that. Running the guys more when they turn it over in practice has been tried and it is obviously not working. Trajan Wesley is giving all he can now but would better serve the team as on off the bench spark. Greg Williams Jr. has been forced to play there but would be more effective in the 2 guard role. People in the program say Au does things to help the team when he is on the court that average fans will never see. I don't know if that is true. Hopefully he is able to go by conference play time. Not having Awkuba hurt yesterday when Brown got in foul trouble. He would have had a better chance defensively guarding Lofton than the other guys we tried. Offensively, we probably are OK with the other bigs next to Brown as he and Awkuba did not seem to be as effective as hoped when they played together. Another problem is they have too many guys with similar talents that have not separated themselves. That leads to uncertain roles. Also leads to guys pressing when they are in the game as they believe they may be pulled if they are not effective quickly. Finally, the team needs more mental toughness. Lots of open looks yesterday that could have countered Tech's run had they gone down. Those misses are not all physical, they are mental. In order to be successful you need guys who find ways to make plays when the opponent is on a run. That has not happened frequently enough. That is a long answer which probably does not address many of the concerns. I will not comment on the coaching staff at this time (good or bad) for reasons I would rather keep private. Please respect my desires in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Definitely discouraging game yesterday. As far as struggles go, Kobe Julien inconsistency is a factor. In the last three road games he is one for 22 from the field. He has played fairly well in the home games. He tends to drive the ball into traffic frequently which causes turnovers. They need to find him a way to get him a basket early which seems to get him going. Inconsistent point guard play is of course an issue which leads to turnovers. Reducing turnovers is the no. 1 way to improvement. However, I have no idea how to accomplish that. Running the guys more when they turn it over in practice has been tried and it is obviously not working. Trajan Wesley is giving all he can now but would better serve the team as on off the bench spark. Greg Williams Jr. has been forced to play there but would be more effective in the 2 guard role. People in the program say Au does things to help the team when he is on the court that average fans will never see. I don't know if that is true. Hopefully he is able to go by conference play time. Not having Awkuba hurt yesterday when Brown got in foul trouble. He would have had a better chance defensively guarding Lofton than the other guys we tried. Offensively, we probably are OK with the other bigs next to Brown as he and Awkuba did not seem to be as effective as hoped when they played together. Another problem is they have too many guys with similar talents that have not separated themselves. That leads to uncertain roles. Also leads to guys pressing when they are in the game as they believe they may be pulled if they are not effective quickly. Finally, the team needs more mental toughness. Lots of open looks yesterday that could have countered Tech's run had they gone down. Those misses are not all physical, they are mental. In order to be successful you need guys who find ways to make plays when the opponent is on a run. That has not happened frequently enough. That is a long answer which probably does not address many of the concerns. I will not comment on the coaching staff at this time (good or bad) for reasons I would rather keep private. Please respect my desires in that regard.
    Good post…I do respect that. You are a true Cajun fan and supporter.

Quote Originally Posted by cwl1951 View Post
    Good post…I do respect that. You are a true Cajun fan and supporter.
    Thanks. I did notice in looking at stats from yesterday that Tech shot several more free throws than the Cajuns. Watching the game I did not notice that in detail. In retrospect, fouls called on Cajuns were correct calls. Some plays the Bulldogs were aggressive on could have been called fouls. Typical for a rival road game. Still Cajuns would have been successful with less turnovers and knocking down wide open shots.

Why is Bob Marlin still our coach?

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    Big game Bob is a nice guy. His players love him. He graduates his players. We are lucky to have him.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    He ran off pretty much the entire fanbase therfore no one to pay his buyout... genius If you really think about it

Yeah for as much credit as we give Maggard, I really don't understand why we keep Marlin for as much as his salary is. If his buyout really is only 100k, I really don't know why he is still coaching

UL Basketball Re: MBB: Tech Rallies Past Louisiana, 78-69

So what happen with the Creighton kid, he hardly ever plays? Before the season he was said to be the most athletic kid on the team and can really play. We also have a top 100 player “Harper” He barely plays as well! Why is that?

Lots of open looks yesterday that could have countered Tech's run had they gone down. Those misses are not all physical, they are mental. .
    Some guys can be mentally tough as nails and still can’t shoot. It’s like the “forcing turnovers defense” in football that got HUD fired. Some things can’t be made to happen.

Army has the most mentally tough guys on the planet, yet they couldn’t complete a pass when they needed it yesterday.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread Information