Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: UL Commit Follows Billy to UF

Default Re: UL Commit Follows Billy to UF

DE Trey Fite decommitted, probably headed to K-State or SMU.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    ____, was hoping that all the decommits were done with

Default Re: Billy taking our commits!

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    My point isnt about where a kid may or may not go.

I just think the circumstance that the early signing period creates aTremendous and rapid sense of urgency on personnel movement.

If Florida had not said, “ hey Billy Napier, you have to be here before the beginning of December because of recruiting”, ours and other programs like Ours would not be behind the perpetual eight ball.
    The only thing wrong with the early signing period is that it is in December instead of in August.

I wonder if we have a DC yet, just not announced. It will be interesting when all the dust settles to see where we stand with recruits and staff.

T, do you think our fall back with some of the guys decommitting is the transfer portal/JC or is it high school guys who may have been the second or third choice of the staff...

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    I wonder if we have a DC yet, just not announced. It will be interesting when all the dust settles to see where we stand with recruits and staff.
    I believe Coach Desormeaux knows who he is going to name for each position, but it may not happen until after bowl season.

7. Default Re: UL Commit Follows Billy to UF

Our bowl season ends Saturday. Unless he’s getting somebody coaching in a bowl or FCS playoff.

8. Default Re: Billy taking our commits!

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    The only thing wrong with the early signing period is that it is in December instead of in August.
    That would make recruiting like a box of chocolates

9. Default Re: UL Commit Follows Billy to UF

I don’t know about Forest Gump’s mommy, but I always know what I’m getting in my box of chocolates.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    T, do you think our fall back with some of the guys decommitting is the transfer portal/JC or is it high school guys who may have been the second or third choice of the staff...
    I know they are looking at JC at several positions, but that doesn't mean they sign any of them. The transfer portal is a different matter, but usually is an athlete they have recruited in the past and have good knowledge of their character, and abilities.

I think a ton of recruiting nowadays will be based on backfilling depending on numbers class wise .

I believe Coach Desormeaux knows who he is going to name for each position, but it may not happen until after bowl season.
    Hopefully, one or two of these have strong TX recruiting ties, as that seems to be where we are losing the most traction.

Quote Originally Posted by Atown cajun View Post
    I think a ton of recruiting nowadays will be based on backfilling depending on numbers class wise .
    I think that's true unless you are extremely young and inexperienced at a certain position. I think that's the case at DE and OT.

Default Re: Billy taking our commits!

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    This is the second OL decommit, no idea why Van Wells changed his mind but it appears Williams was sought after by our former coach. I don't like this at all.
    Welcome to big boy football. It's a business and you get your feelings hurt. Get use to it.

15. Default Re: Billy taking our commits!

Quote Originally Posted by babysitter View Post
    Welcome to big boy football. It's a business and you get your feelings hurt. Get use to it.
    This is nothing new.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information