Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana deserves a better New Orleans Bowl matchup than Marshall

1. UL Football Louisiana deserves a better New Orleans Bowl matchup than Marshall

Buckley: The No. 17 Ragin' Cajuns deserve a better New Orleans Bowl matchup than 7-5 Marshall.

2. Default Re: Louisiana deserves a better New Orleans Bowl matchup than Marshall

Buckley: The #1 reporter in the Marshall locker room.

Default Re: Louisiana deserves a better New Orleans Bowl matchup than Marshall

Need to nickname him “Craftsman” because he’s such a tool.

Tim “bottom of the bird cage” Buckley...for him being “too good to be here” he sure hasn’t had any better offers in a long time

Worst Cajuns writer I can remember, going back to the mid/late 90s.

He flat out sucks, and to be honest, isn't even a fan of the program.

He is not wrong.

7. Default Re: Louisiana deserves a better New Orleans Bowl matchup than Marshall

For any non UL/Marshall fan, this story is good enough.

I'm just saying Buckley is the #1 reporter in the Marshall locker room.

Locker room material for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Need to nickname him “Craftsman” because he’s such a tool.
    Locker room fodder aside, the guy is finally mostly correct. The networks have the power to change who plays whom in these match ups. BYU in the decadent den of iniquity to play the Ragin Cajuns would have been a great match up. Or UTSA, or WKU. And the fact is a new Orleans bowl between Louisiana & the University of baton rouge would have been the biggest thing since the Bourbon Bowl. And it would have been so lovely to make an example out of ubr in front of a sold out house & 20 million viewers. Of course they would have caught a relapse of Carolina Covid & chickened out. But even that would have been fun to hear their fans explain how superior they still are then see them go 4-8 next season.

9. Default Re: Louisiana deserves a better New Orleans Bowl matchup than Marshall

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    Locker room fodder aside, the guy is finally mostly correct. The networks have the power to change who plays whom in these match ups. BYU in the decadent den of iniquity to play the Ragin Cajuns would have been a great match up. Or UTSA, or WKU. And the fact is a new Orleans bowl between Louisiana & the University of baton rouge would have been the biggest thing since the Bourbon Bowl. And it would have been so lovely to make an example out of ubr in front of a sold out house & 20 million viewers. Of course they would have caught a relapse of Carolina Covid & chickened out. But even that would have been fun to hear their fans explain how superior they still are then see them go 4-8 next season.
    Fodder, fodder, fodder . . .

People forget New Orleans bowl was the SBC first and only bowl...they were taking SBC champions with losing records. They got kicked in the nuts last year with COVID and pulled their trump card to get us to make money. Do I think the system should change so a 12-1 champs gets a better opponent? Absolutely...do I blame the New Orleans bowl for picking us? Absolutely not. Do I blame the other bowls for picking UTSA and WKU over Marshall for their own interest? Nope. Nothing will be worth a damn until there is a 16 team 10 champ 6 at large playoff.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Fodder, fodder, fodder . . .
    Good, I hope Marshall is mad as hell when they get off the bus. it will make for a better contest. But the bottom line is locker room fodder can only get you so far. Louisiana has been getting the Sunbelt's best effort this whole season. I expect they will be ready for whatever Marshall throws at them.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    People forget New Orleans bowl was the SBC first and only bowl...they were taking SBC champions with losing records. They got kicked in the nuts last year with COVID and pulled their trump card to get us to make money. Do I think the system should change so a 12-1 champs gets a better opponent? Absolutely...do I blame the New Orleans bowl for picking us? Absolutely not. Do I blame the other bowls for picking UTSA and WKU over Marshall for their own interest? Nope. Nothing will be worth a damn until there is a 16 team 10 champ 6 at large playoff.
    That will never happen. But there is an alternative. The G-5 needs to create their own playoff system & challenge P-5 to a champ Vs. champ match just like the AFL did to the NFL 55 years ago. We see what that lead to.

13. Default Re: Louisiana deserves a better New Orleans Bowl matchup than Marshall

No

That will never happen. But there is an alternative. The G-5 needs to create their own playoff system & challenge P-5 to a champ Vs. champ match just like the AFL did to the NFL 55 years ago. We see what that lead to.
    The people need to accept the bowl system for what it is...the bowl promoters wanna make money. The P5 would love nothing more for us to break away ourselves, that would play right into what they want.

AFL didn't play NFL until after the merger was agreed to. If G5 breaks away,no way in hell does P5 agree to play the champion.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information