Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Louisiana deserves a better New Orleans Bowl matchup than Marshall

Default Re: Louisiana deserves a better New Orleans Bowl matchup than Marshall

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    For any non UL/Marshall fan, this story is good enough.

I'm just saying Buckley is the #1 reporter in the Marshall locker room.

Locker room material for sure.
    This isn't locker room material because it's not coaches and players making public statements. Let's stop with the paranoia and focus on getting ready. If Marshall comes out and plays well, it's up to our staff, or what's left of it to prepare a good game plan and focus the players on their opponent. Everything else is just background noise.

2. Default Re: Louisiana deserves a better New Orleans Bowl matchup than Marshall

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    This isn't locker room material because it's not coaches and players making public statements.
    I kinda get what you're saying in the part I quoted, it's just that historically the sportswriter was always the source of locker room material. Quote or no quote

I'm showing my age.

A beat writer saying the opponent is no good, will be interpreted as an unquoted, quote.

jmo

Promise you, the picture of the Game Day Crew going 5-0 Ragin’ Cajuns is already on the locker room wall at Marshall.

The world is against card is being played.

Agreed.

This isn't locker room material because it's not coaches and players making public statements. Let's stop with the paranoia and focus on getting ready. If Marshall comes out and plays well, it's up to our staff, or what's left of it to prepare a good game plan and focus the players on their opponent. Everything else is just background noise.
    Exactly T.

Come on T. coaches are like politicians, so are the players & interested parties around said team. You can bet that article got twisted into a UL is the most arrogant bunch of A holes in the world crap somewhere along the line. The head coach doesn't have to be the one to make it so. that's what S & C coaches, "analysts", public relations, you name it that's what their job is. Someone somewhere in Huntington has this article blown up about 6 times it's size & posted on the locker room door. And I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    Come on T. coaches are like politicians, so are the players & interested parties around said team. You can bet that article got twisted into a UL is the most arrogant bunch of A holes in the world crap somewhere along the line. The head coach doesn't have to be the one to make it so. that's what S & C coaches, "analysts", public relations, you name it that's what their job is. Someone somewhere in Huntington has this article blown up about 6 times it's size & posted on the locker room door. And I love it.
    Marshall can post anything they want. I don't think they'll be more motivated, more fired-up, than A State was for the championship.

We do our job, we win. I only have two fears:

1. Dez may need time to get used to wearing the headset & making decisions on the fly.

2. The Gods of Football.

Our kids show up, play their best, Marshall shows up, plays their best, I'm calling it for the guys in red.

Vermilion.

Whatevs.

8. Default Re: Louisiana deserves a better New Orleans Bowl matchup than Marshall

All I care is us doing well against MU. Tonight undefeated #1 SHSU gets blown up by Montana.

Get our game face on.

9. UL Football Don't blame Marshall for bowl matchup

First and foremost, that’s what Lafayette Daily Advertiser sports columnist Tim Buckley needs to understand. The Thundering Herd didn’t do anything wrong

10. Default Re: Louisiana deserves a better New Orleans Bowl matchup than Marshall

Maybe Jay Walker should lecture his fellow sports guy about locker room fodder instead of the fans.

Buckley, what a dud!!

Default Re: Don't blame Marshall for bowl matchup

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post

First and foremost, that’s what Lafayette Daily Advertiser sports columnist Tim Buckley needs to understand. The Thundering Herd didn’t do anything wrong
    SO much for the it ain't locker room fodder. Now it's that whole part of West Virginia fodder. Way to go Tim. This game just got interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    Marshall can post anything they want. I don't think they'll be more motivated, more fired-up, than A State was for the championship.

We do our job, we win. I only have two fears:

1. Dez may need time to get used to wearing the headset & making decisions on the fly.

2. The Gods of Football.

Our kids show up, play their best, Marshall shows up, plays their best, I'm calling it for the guys in red.

Vermilion.

Whatevs.
    In our favor for helping Dez through any first game jitters, in his headset will be a guy with a ton of head coaching experience. (Viator).

13. Default Re: Louisiana deserves a better New Orleans Bowl matchup than Marshall

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    In our favor for helping Dez through any first game jitters, in his headset will be a guy with a ton of head coaching experience. (Viator).
    I’m not sure he’s going to be a lot of help on game day. CMD has been studying with the master.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information