Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I know I'll get some push back on this, but.....

Default I know I'll get some push back on this, but.....

.....we need to get over ourselves a bit.

For years we've belittled and criticized other schools for their holier than thou attitude. You know, like some of the Covid Carolina fans, or Tech fans, or LSU fans.

Some of us are becoming them.

We're too damn good for the New Orleans Bowl, we're too damn good to be playing that crap of a team Marshall, we shouldn't play Tech unless the series starts in Lafayette. Screw Tech, it's costing me a trip to Wyoming.

Guys, one of the things I loved about Billy Napier was how humble he stayed throughout his tenure. And, he made sure his players stayed humble as well. He played up the "underdog" mentality.

We're playing up the "entitled" mentality.

It isn't a good look. It just isn't.

Default Re: I know I'll get some push back on this, but.....

Call me entitled but I want a basketball coach who does not lose to Swac schools

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post

For years we've belittled and criticized other schools for their holier than thou attitude. You know, like some of the Covid Carolina fans, or Tech fans, or LSU fans.

We're too damn good for the New Orleans Bowl, we're too damn good to be playing that crap of a team Marshall, we shouldn't play Tech unless the series starts in Lafayette. Screw Tech, it's costing me a trip to Wyoming.

Guys, one of the things I loved about Billy Napier was how humble he stayed throughout his tenure. And, he made sure his players stayed humble as well. He played up the "underdog" mentality.

100% agree with this statement. We need to take the we will play anyone anytime anywhere mentality. Am I disappointed we don't have a better opponent (G5, Houston, UTSA, SDSU, ETC) in our bowl game, YES. Am I happy we are playing another game this season and we can finish 13-1, ABSO F'N LUTELY. 2 years from now, no one will remember who we beat in the New Orleans Bowl, but they will remember that we beat 13 of the 14 teams we played in that season that were on our schedule and finished in the Top 25 again in back to back years.

We don't control what happens in bowl games, TV/ESPN/Conference, ETC do. Let's just go play and win the game and let all the chips fall where they may. As far as Tech goes, they are now on our schedule, you may not love it but it is a fact. Go play and beat them and no one will care what conference they are in, what they say about us or what we think about them.

We are UL, we are the best damn team in the state of Louisiana right now and no one can take that away from us. I don't care if we play Alabama or Lighthouse for the blind. Beat everybody on your schedule and make them say our name.

LOUISIANA RAGIN' CAJUNS!!!!!!!

I'm just happy to be here.

Oh Lord its hard to be humble, when your perfect in e-ver-y way. Sorry, I am who I am. Now, the rest of you..........

I do believe what you are seeing is years and years of frustration coming to a head, Jay. After being stomped on, laughed at, made the butt of jokes for many years we are getting our licks in. We will get over ourselves in short order.

All the best to everyone here!!

Z

Jay, many of us are drunk.

100%, Bird!

We must not ever forget where we came from. Cajun Nation needs no elitist!

Sorry we’ve been getting our shat kicked in for too long now and we just had to accept it. You damn right I’d rather go to Laramie than podunk Ruston. You damn right I’d rather play BYU or UTSA than an incoming league member. Not because we are better than Marshall but because we deserve it. We’ve come too far to start sucking shat from everyone again. The holier than thou part is a bit funny and ironic though, Jay.

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    Jay, many of us are drunk.
    Drunk with power.......

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Sorry we’ve been getting our shat kicked in for too long now and we just had to accept it. You damn right I’d rather go to Laramie than podunk Ruston. You damn right I’d rather play BYU or UTSA than an incoming league member. Not because we are better than Marshall but because we deserve it. We’ve come to far to start sucking shat from everyone again. The holier than thou part is a bit funny and ironic though, Jay.
    Dead nuts on.

I knew I should have put a trademark on "Covid Carolina"....

we're too damn good to be playing that crap of a team Marshall,
    I agree with every word except bolded here.

At least my perspective, not that we're "too good" to play Marshall, because who knows they very well may jump up and slap us down. However, there's nothing wrong with feeling like we got slighted out of a matchup that could have brought more interest amongst two closer programs with better records, specifically SBC Champ Louisiana vs. CUSA Champ UTSA.

And yes, I know there's a bowl process with tie-ins and who gets to pick who for their bowl games, but that's one example on how the selection system is jacked up.

Basically, act like you're been here before. We simply can't match checkbooks with the bigger schools. Get over it. It'll NEVER happen.

And yes, PLEASE fire our basketball coach sooner than later. It's a f'ing joke. supposedly a great X's and O's guy. well guess what, that hasn't translated into a great head coach. time to move on.

The New Orleans bowl is great for us.

However.. .
    We are too good to be playing Marshall.. a future member. We deserve a better matchup this year.

We are too good to be stuck with a mediocre basketball coach for 11 seasons. So what if he is a nice guy and graduates his players... so did Bustle.

We have come too far to start settling.

Good points.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information