Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: I know I'll get some push back on this, but.....

Ragin' Cajuns Re: I know I'll get some push back on this, but.....

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    100% agree with this statement. We need to take the we will play anyone anytime anywhere mentality. Am I disappointed we don't have a better opponent (G5, Houston, UTSA, SDSU, ETC) in our bowl game, YES. Am I happy we are playing another game this season and we can finish 13-1, ABSO F'N LUTELY. 2 years from now, no one will remember who we beat in the New Orleans Bowl, but they will remember that we beat 13 of the 14 teams we played in that season that were on our schedule and finished in the Top 25 again in back to back years.

We don't control what happens in bowl games, TV/ESPN/Conference, ETC do. Let's just go play and win the game and let all the chips fall where they may. As far as Tech goes, they are now on our schedule, you may not love it but it is a fact. Go play and beat them and no one will care what conference they are in, what they say about us or what we think about them.

We are UL, we are the best damn team in the state of Louisiana right now and no one can take that away from us. I don't care if we play Alabama or Lighthouse for the blind. Beat everybody on your schedule and make them say our name.

LOUISIANA RAGIN' CAJUNS!!!!!!!

THIS!!!

#cULture
    #WeAreLouisiana
    #GeauxCajuns
    #BeatMarshall
    #ConferenceChampions

Default Re: I know I'll get some push back on this, but.....

It was brought up a few days back how many times a Louisiana FBS program, abet ANY LOUISIANA program won 10 or more games in 3 or more consecutive years. LSU 4 one time and Grambling in the 70’s. So…enjoy the moment but mathematically humility is around the corner, so it’s better to embrace it now with class instead of with denial later. My prayer for this program is long term success and our FB fans not end up like a) the Blackham era MBB fans as the program bench mark 4 decades ago or b) baseball fans likewise with a CWS appearance also decades ago as the high water mark. Neither program currently is remotely close to what the fans want, denying times have changed. Football has a chance, but fans and staff alike can’t be complacent and over confident. We have plenty of self absorbed multiple a hole programs in this state who now suck and are in denial. Don’t be that guy. Geaux Cajuns!

3. Default Re: I know I'll get some push back on this, but.....

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    It was brought up a few days back how many times a Louisiana FBS program, abet ANY LOUISIANA program won 10 or more games in 3 or more consecutive years. LSU 4 one time and Grambling in the 70’s. So…enjoy the moment but mathematically humility is around the corner, so it’s better to embrace it now with class instead of with denial later. My prayer for this program is long term success and our FB fans not end up like a) the Blackham era MBB fans as the program bench mark 4 decades ago or b) baseball fans likewise with a CWS appearance also decades ago as the high water mark. Neither program currently is remotely close to what the fans want, denying times have changed. Football has a chance, but fans and staff alike can’t be complacent and over confident. We have plenty of self absorbed multiple a hole programs in this state who now suck and are in denial. Don’t be that guy. Geaux Cajuns!
    I’m seeing little evidence for your concerns about the fans. Of course times change and with that things change. You’ve gotta change to keep up. The basketball fell because of bad decisions over several decades. Baseball is less than a decade from a number one ranking.

New conference mate USM has decades upon decades of great baseball. So my point nothing is written granite. We can become very good again. One thing that’s not changing soon is that Louisiana, Texas Mississippi, and the FloraBama Gulf is loaded with talent in all sports. No reason we can’t get a fair share.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I’m seeing little evidence for your concerns about the fans. Of course times change and with that things change. You’ve gotta change to keep up. The basketball fell because of bad decisions over several decades. Baseball is less than a decade from a number one ranking.

New conference mate USM has decades upon decades of great baseball. So my point nothing is written granite. We can become very good again. One thing that’s not changing soon is that Louisiana, Texas Mississippi, and the FloraBama Gulf is loaded with talent in all sports. No reason we can’t get a fair share.
    #1 ranking or not, baseball is still 2 decades from the high water mark. I’m comfortable in saying any baseball fan will take a CWS appearance with some success over a #1 ranking any day. CCU won’t disagree with me I’m sure.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    .....we need to get over ourselves a bit.

For years we've belittled and criticized other schools for their holier than thou attitude. You know, like some of the Covid Carolina fans, or Tech fans, or LSU fans.

Some of us are becoming them.

We're too damn good for the New Orleans Bowl, we're too damn good to be playing that crap of a team Marshall, we shouldn't play Tech unless the series starts in Lafayette. Screw Tech, it's costing me a trip to Wyoming.

Guys, one of the things I loved about Billy Napier was how humble he stayed throughout his tenure. And, he made sure his players stayed humble as well. He played up the "underdog" mentality.

We're playing up the "entitled" mentality.

It isn't a good look. It just isn't.
    I'm down with you on this Jay.

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    I don’t think we are too good for the NOLA bowl. I just wish we were playing a P5 team. However at least in my mind, Marshal is a well known and respected program and it’s better than playing a MAC team or another CUSA lackey.
    Yep!

Thank you, Jay.

8. Default Re: I know I'll get some push back on this, but.....

For those who think we’re too good for our competition, let’s just hope we’re not eating our words if Marshall beats us. Stay humble friends. Grateful, but humble. Thank you Jay Walker for having common sense.

9. Default Re: I know I'll get some push back on this, but.....

#1 ranking or not, baseball is still 2 decades from the high water mark. I’m comfortable in saying any baseball fan will take a CWS appearance with some success over a #1 ranking any day. CCU won’t disagree with me I’m sure.
    Not disagreeing at all. I’m just pointing out that the program was at a very high level. In fact we probably were a thunderstorm away from the CWS. Just didn’t have quite enough depth on the mound.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Not disagreeing at all. I’m just pointing out that the program was at a very high level. In fact we probably were a thunderstorm away from the CWS. Just didn’t have quite enough depth on the mound.
    You are correct. That team was better than the 2k team. As they say thats baseball.

It’s this simple, guys. There is a school three hours to the north that undermines our program at every chance possible. This school also whipped our ass the last number of times we’ve met. Now that we have elevated our program it’s time to put an ass whipping of our own on display! It’s unfortunate it comes at the hands of losing Wyoming but god damn I’m been begging for payback and I’m not about to cry about it! Nut up and prepare for battle!

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    .....we need to get over ourselves a bit.

For years we've belittled and criticized other schools for their holier than thou attitude. You know, like some of the Covid Carolina fans, or Tech fans, or LSU fans.

Some of us are becoming them.

We're too damn good for the New Orleans Bowl, we're too damn good to be playing that crap of a team Marshall, we shouldn't play Tech unless the series starts in Lafayette. Screw Tech, it's costing me a trip to Wyoming.

Guys, one of the things I loved about Billy Napier was how humble he stayed throughout his tenure. And, he made sure his players stayed humble as well. He played up the "underdog" mentality.

We're playing up the "entitled" mentality.

It isn't a good look. It just isn't.
    I think that there is a far difference in thinking you are too good to play Marshall and believing a top 25 ranking should reward your program with a better matchup. The opinions differ in this thread, but it is worthy of distinction and not painting everyone with the same brush.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    You are correct. That team was better than the 2k team. As they say thats baseball.
    I may be in 100% agreement with you, but the scoreboard at the end of the season says otherwise.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: I know I'll get some push back on this, but.....

I try to maintain an attitude of gratitude spiked with humility in all aspects of my personal life. "Try" being the operable word.

I may be in 100% agreement with you, but the scoreboard at the end of the season says otherwise.
    Agree. Somewhat. In 2k South Carolina who was number 1 all year was probably a better team than us. We just needed to be better on 3 days. So just depends if you look a the large sample or small sample.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information