Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I know I'll get some push back on this, but.....

Default Re: I know I'll get some push back on this, but.....

Quote Originally Posted by babysitter View Post
    Basically, act like you're been here before. We simply can't match checkbooks with the bigger schools. Get over it. It'll NEVER happen.

And yes, PLEASE fire our basketball coach sooner than later. It's a f'ing joke. supposedly a great X's and O's guy. well guess what, that hasn't translated into a great head coach. time to move on.
    Yes, but Jay's also saying, Act like you've never been here.

Act like you may never get here again.

Practice gratitude.

And he's right.

And, pains me as much as it does to compliment the two knuckleheads, whenever I listen to other schools' radio broadcasts, I am grateful for BOP & Gerald. Always professional, always respectful of the other guys, and it has to get pretty bad before they get mad about an official's call.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    Yes, but Jay's also saying, Act like you've never been here.

Act like you may never get here again.

Practice gratitude.

And he's right.

And, pains me as much as it does to compliment the two knuckleheads, whenever I listen to other schools' radio broadcasts, I am grateful for BOP & Gerald. Always professional, always respectful of the other guys, and it has to get pretty bad before they get mad about an official's call.
    Jay and Gerald are two of the best football announcers I have ever listened to at any level of football.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    .....we need to get over ourselves a bit.

For years we've belittled and criticized other schools for their holier than thou attitude. You know, like some of the Covid Carolina fans, or Tech fans, or LSU fans.

Some of us are becoming them.

We're too damn good for the New Orleans Bowl, we're too damn good to be playing that crap of a team Marshall, we shouldn't play Tech unless the series starts in Lafayette. Screw Tech, it's costing me a trip to Wyoming.

Guys, one of the things I loved about Billy Napier was how humble he stayed throughout his tenure. And, he made sure his players stayed humble as well. He played up the "underdog" mentality.

We're playing up the "entitled" mentality.

It isn't a good look. It just isn't.
    I don’t think we are too good for the NOLA bowl. I just wish we were playing a P5 team. However at least in my mind, Marshal is a well known and respected program and it’s better than playing a MAC team or another CUSA lackey.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Sorry we’ve been getting our shat kicked in for too long now and we just had to accept it. You damn right I’d rather go to Laramie than podunk Ruston. You damn right I’d rather play BYU or UTSA than an incoming league member. Not because we are better than Marshall but because we deserve it. We’ve come too far to start sucking shat from everyone again. The holier than thou part is a bit funny and ironic though, Jay.
    You best post ever.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    I knew I should have put a trademark on "Covid Carolina"....
    And your Foghorn leghorn impression.

6. Default Re: I know I'll get some push back on this, but.....

I’m pretty sure nobody thinks we’re better than our peers as Zombie LoTech has done for decades.

It’s not wrong to‘want’ a better matchup for the bowl. We’d all be satisfied with any of the above in 2021, UTSA, BYU, or SDSU.

It’s also not elitist to not be happy about playing a program that has ghosted us for decades. I’m not in favor to play two games. If Zombie LoTech needs some help let’s sign a letter of understanding to have an annual match pretty much into the distant future. If we approached them, shame on us.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I’m pretty sure nobody thinks we’re better than our peers as Zombie LoTech has done for decades.

It’s not wrong to‘want’ a better matchup for the bowl. We’d all be satisfied with any of the above in 2021, UTSA, BYU, or SDSU.

It’s also not elitist to not be happy about playing a program that has ghosted us for decades. I’m not in favor to play two games. If Zombie LoTech needs some help let’s sign a letter of understanding to have an annual match pretty much into the distant future. If we approached them, shame on us.
    ...and I"m sure you're wrong. At least that's the way it's coming across.

If you go back and look at the cULture videos, you'll see that Billy has used Homecoming and point spreads as fodder for getting his team ready to play.

I guarantee there are quotes all over Marshall's locker room talking about them not being worthy to play us.

Hey, it's a message board. Say what you want. But it's a bad look. We sound like Tech and LSU fans.

I'd rather not be them.

I haven't heard anyone complain about the New Orleans Bowl itself, other than the safety mandates. I have heard people ask why Marshall. So why Marshall? Why not WKU, UTSA, San Diego state, or a good P-5 opponent? Is it because the NO bowl has the SBC champ locked in with the #4 CUSA rep? Why would they want that?

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    I haven't heard anyone complain about the New Orleans Bowl itself, other than the safety mandates. I have heard people ask why Marshall. So why Marshall? Why not WKU, UTSA, San Diego state, or a good P-5 opponent? Is it because the NO bowl has the SBC champ locked in with the #4 CUSA rep? Why would they want that?
    UTSA and WKU got to choose their bowl games. I'd have liked UAB but they are headed to the Independence Bowl.

San Diego State isn't on the table. NO is a Sun Belt/CUSA bowl.

10. Default Re: I know I'll get some push back on this, but.....

UTSA and WKU got to choose their bowl games. I'd have liked UAB but they are headed to the Independence Bowl.

So, were those first to scerred . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    Jay, many of us are drunk.
    LOL! You almost made my coffee go through my nose.

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    LOL! You almost made my coffee go through my nose.
    Let's stay thirsty my friends!

13. UL Football Re: I know I'll get some push back on this, but.....

Jay, I get what you are saying. My question, now that realignment has settled down for now, do you think the Sun Belt will be making new arrangement on future bowls? Also most people do not mention the fact that the Belt only had four eligible teams. That hurt us.
    Last edited by Lafitte the Pirate; December 10th, 2021 at 12:25 pm. Reason: Spelling

14. Default Re: I know I'll get some push back on this, but.....

...and I"m sure you're wrong. At least that's the way it's coming across.

If you go back and look at the cULture videos, you'll see that Billy has used Homecoming and point spreads as fodder for getting his team ready to play.

I guarantee there are quotes all over Marshall's locker room talking about them not being worthy to play us.

Hey, it's a message board. Say what you want. But it's a bad look. We sound like Tech and LSU fans.

I'd rather not be them.
    I’m equally sure you’re wrong about our fans. Coaches will always have fodder for motivation. As to Marshall in particular. Their fans post on the SBC fan board. Almost to a man they concur that UL deserved a better ranked team than Marshall. That’s about perception for this year. They’re not trashing their team, just acknowledging that we should have a conference champion or top 25 opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    I knew I should have put a trademark on "Covid Carolina"....
    Monsieur, je vous en prie.

I gave them the nickname, 'Covidflop Carolina.'

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information