Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Now That Billy's gone, Can We Have an Honest discussion?

Default Re: Now That Billy's gone, Can We Have an Honest discussion?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Or you can just not come to this thread. Theres plenty of topics to choose from if this one makes you uncomfortable
    Or you could not be a _____ and understand the message. Billy brought this program to new heights. Why start complaining about his coaching at this point? I’m mean; I’m sure you all watch film, scout opponents, and can do a better job.

2. Default Re: Now That Billy's gone, Can We Have an Honest discussion?

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    . . . I’m sure you all watch film, scout opponents, and can do a better job.
    Well sure, we have seen it all reported right here . . .

Or you could not be a _____ and understand the message. Billy brought this program to new heights. Why start complaining about his coaching at this point? I’m mean; I’m sure you all watch film, scout opponents, and can do a better job.
    It wasn't meant to be a _____ thread. It was meant to be a hoping we will see even better offense thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    It wasn't meant to be a _____ thread. It was meant to be a hoping we will see even better offense thread.
    The offense wasn’t flashy but it worked. We averaged 30 points a game while giving up 18. Think it was more of a flow of the game thing. No need to be flashy when we’re dominating the line and running the ball well. More importantly with our offense, we only turned the ball over 8 times.

First off, I didnt say I could do a better job. Nor did I complain about Billys play calling. I dont really agree with BWK assessment. But I dont need him to delete his thread. LoL! All I did was say, this is a fan board. This is where fans come to sunshine pump, to complain, to ask questions, and to voice concerns. And we have people wanting to delete threads because THEY dont want to discuss that topic? Or address that issue? Good god, man. Take your own advice and YOU move along.

6. Default Re: Now That Billy's gone, Can We Have an Honest discussion?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    First off, I didnt say I could do a better job. Nor did I complain about Billys play calling. I dont really agree with BWK assessment. But I dont need him to delete his thread. LoL! All I did was say, this is a fan board. This is where fans come to sunshine pump, to complain, to ask questions, and to voice concerns. And we have people wanting to delete threads because THEY dont want to discuss that topic? Or address that issue? Good god, man. Take your own advice and YOU move along.
    We getting a little touchy here . . . Smile . . . Enjoy the sheaux

Ignore button is a wonderful feature.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Well I hate for facts to get in the way, but here is Levi's breakdown, without sacks taken out for the season by game:

Texas 6 carries
    Nicholls 5 carries
    Ohio 12 carries
    Georgia Southern 5 carries
    USA 10 carries
    App 5 carries
    ASU 6 carries
    Texas State 4 carries
    Georgia State 6 carries
    Troy 9 carries
    Liberty 5 carries
    ULM 6 carries
    App 9 carries
    How many were designed runs and how many were scrambles for positive yardage?

Being a playcaller in college is difficult. Every team has weaknesses that have to be managed by the coach.
    For us we had a weakness at LT due to injury, several receivers who could not make contested or even mildly difficult catches and a QB who’s small stature prevented him from making certain throws. The 4th down gambles were only because we had one of the worst kickers in D1 football. This all had to be worked around. I think overall Napier did a great job. Also, not enough credit is given to how the offense protected the ball. It is obviously that the team understood a punt or negative play was better than a turnover.

10. Default Re: Now That Billy's gone, Can We Have an Honest discussion?

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxCajuns View Post
    How many were designed runs and how many were scrambles for positive yardage?
    That was not the the question. Kyle said he wanted to see LL run the ball about 5-6 times a game. That is exactly what LL did this year.

That was not the the question. Kyle said he wanted to see LL run the ball about 5-6 times a game. That is exactly what LL did this year.
    Please permit me to be more specific then. I would like to have seen them use the zone read to run out of a few more times a game & Levi to take the ball a few more times a game & run with it on designed passing plays instead of always trying to buy time which got him smacked down harder than he ever got smacked down by an open field tackle.

I would gladly trade zone read options for designed runs with a QB running the ball out of an empty backfield set. Those did little to no good against disciplined defenses as they were ready for them as part of the game plan. Example: Levi ran one time out of zone read & ran 55 yards untouched for 6 points.

I think questioning the play calling for a team that is 12-1 seems a little silly.

13. Default Re: Now That Billy's gone, Can We Have an Honest discussion?

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    I think questioning the play calling for a team that is 12-1 seems a little silly.
    That has been old hat for some . . . They been at it three years in a row and never got tired.

I think that we'll get a glimpse of Coach Dez's play calling in the bowl game. I, for one, am excited. We might even get a glimpse of our defensive play calling from the interim DC. Let's enjoy it and discuss after. One thing that we don't have to worry about is the team playing their you know what's off for Coach Dez.

As in depth as you get, you’re going to hide behind the semantics, when we both know he was talking about designed qb runs?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information