Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana vs LA Tech in 2026, 2029

Default Re: Tech, Future Non-Conference Games

Quote Originally Posted by Atown cajun View Post
    Why would they cancel the return game?
    To get the gate from us in 26 and an additional home game in 29. I would hope there is some kind of penalty clause in the contract if they cancel.

Quote Originally Posted by Cantstandza View Post
    To get the gate from us in 26 and an additional home game in 29. I would hope there is some kind of penalty clause in the contract if they cancel.
    They couldn't cancel without a fee. Personally I don't think the politics of La would allow them to screw us over like that. It has never happened in the past.

3. Default Re: Tech, Future Non-Conference Games

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    They couldn't cancel without a fee. Personally I don't think the politics of La would allow them to screw us over like that. It has never happened in the past.
    I believe you are correct. Minds here go far astray of reality when we post about Tech, McNeese or LSU.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    For years we've been ____ed at Tech for refusing to schedule us. They've kept their superiority complex based on something that happened in 2014-15 before the cULture took hold.

Dr. Maggard FINALLY gets them to agree to a home and home series and we are _____ing because we have to go there first and we aren't going to Wyoming.

There's no pleasing some of you.
    I never want to play tech. Ever. F those clowns. So don't speak for everybody.

Default Re: Louisiana vs LA Tech in 2026, 2029

Hell, I won't even eat Ruston peaches, much less help them in ANY way!

After this year with Florida St., we only have 2 P5 opponents scheduled in the future, Minnesota (2023) and Missouri (2025). Dr. Maggard seemed pretty aggressive at getting some scheduled his first couple of years here, I wonder if he is having issues regarding getting more P5 teams to agree. We need these, at least one a year. Without the Iowa St. game, we would have never gotten into the rankings.

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    After this year with Florida St., we only have 2 P5 opponents scheduled in the future, Minnesota (2023) and Missouri (2025). Dr. Maggard seemed pretty aggressive at getting some scheduled his first couple of years here, I wonder if he is having issues regarding getting more P5 teams to agree. We need these, at least one a year. Without the Iowa St. game, we would have never gotten into the rankings.
    We also have Michigan state in 24

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Now that you mention it, I seem to remember that being scheduled, but I don't see it listed anymore on the schedule.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

For years we've been ____ed at Tech for refusing to schedule us. They've kept their superiority complex based on something that happened in 2014-15 before the cULture took hold.

Dr. Maggard FINALLY gets them to agree to a home and home series and we are _____ing because we have to go there first and we aren't going to Wyoming.

Jay

Read what you just wrote.... THEY refused to schedule us UNTIL they are in a suck-ass conference and we are a top 25 program... NOW they agree to play us and you are wondering why we are saying no.... "Dr. Maggard FINALLY gets them to agree to....."

Hell NO

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    I never want to play tech. Ever. F those clowns. So don't speak for everybody.
    I never want to let them in our conference. I wouldn't mind playing them every year on rivalry week like clemson / so Carolina, UF / Fla St, UGA / Ga Tech...

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Hell, I won't even eat Ruston peaches, much less help them in ANY way!
    This^^^^. I rather buy at the grocery instead of buying them on Ambassador in front of Jimmy John’s

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    wrote a post in another thread and didn’t include Michigan state in 2024 because neither the athletic website nor FBSSchedule website included that game. Since I wrote that post the FBSSchedule site has put up the game for 9/14/2024. It is also listed on Michigan states website

I really would've liked it if we went to Wyoming because they are only approx. 3 hours from my home, so I could easily go see my favorite team play, but instead we are playing LA Tech... Also, Laramie is much nicer than Ruston, so I don't blame fans for being mad.

14. Default Re: Tech, Future Non-Conference Games

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoCajun View Post
    I really would've liked it if we went to Wyoming because they are only approx. 3 hours from my home, so I could easily go see my favorite team play, but instead we are playing LA Tech... Also, Laramie is much nicer than Ruston, so I don't blame fans for being mad.
    …..As long as we are getting doubled Ls on their signage …. Hell no…..total lack of respect from them…laturd they deserve!

Agreed. Their total lack of respect is why no one wants them in our conference and they know that. New leadership they claim as the old regime is gone. Nothing changed. They learned nothing in being left out of the last realignment. I would love the rivalry, but not at the expense of daily battering about our name. We can't do much about posters on a board, but this is the university still doing it. As long as they continue to maintain that position, they can stay with CUSA and the FBS wannabes. Besides, their budget is #124 at $21M, only 4 spots above the lowest ranked budget at #128, ULM at $16.5M. What do they really bring?

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread Information