Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Louisiana vs LA Tech in 2026, 2029

Default Re: Louisiana vs LA Tech

Quote Originally Posted by Atown cajun View Post
    When was the last time the Cajuns beat the Necksters?
    Sometime in the 1900’s.

Like 96

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    No, that was the first game vs. them in the HUD era. Vast majority of us were all jacked up thinking we'd open up a can after a decade or more of them talking down to us. We were wrong.

The following season we went to Ruston for the return visit, with Nixon as our starting QB, a season some thought Brooks Haack would be our next efficient passing QB. I think most of us before that game knew what was coming in that matchup, and we were correct. Another beatdown handed to us by LA Tech, and we finished with a 4-8 season.
    Threw a pick six right before halftime instead of taking a knee. Hard to watch

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Pretty sure last time they played us was at CF, right? When Dixon busted a 99 yard TD run on us in front of all of the recruits Hud invited.
    I thought we went to Ruston after that when they proclaimed to be the "crowning jewel of the university of La system" over the loud speaker. It was also the same game where hud was trying to force one at the end of the half and through a pic 6. Pretty sure from first hand knowledge Jay Johnson wanted to play conservative and regroup at the half. Hud seemed to panic against Tech for some reason. We put together a bus trip for that one.

lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Pop View Post
    Where was the last game with them played? If Ruston Maggard lost the negotiations on that deal. I hope we keep our momentum going until then.
    I thought the same, but two important facts change that narrative. 1) They played in Lafayette first in 2014 and UL visited Ruston in 2015. 2) These are the dates that worked around both program's schedule commitments.

6. Default Re: Louisiana vs LA Tech

I hope by the time those games are played the Tech program is so low from being in that shat conference they are like the prodigal son wallowing in the mud with the pigs gladly eating what the pigs eat and we beat them 50-0.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Louisiana vs LA Tech

Well, this bites. Maggard loses having us play up there first. I don't know when we've played the nechs down here in the last 15-20 years. AND we only get 2 chances in 3 years to BEAT them, plus I'll be pushing 70 by the time these games come up!! (That's if I'm not pushing up daisies, first!!!)

#cULture
    #WeAreLouisiana
    #GeauxCajuns
    #SunBeltChampions

8. Default Re: Louisiana vs LA Tech

The last time hasn't happened yet.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    This was announced quite a while back.
    https://fbschedules.com/louisiana-lo...ies-2026-2029/
    It is just a reminder. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by NOCajun View Post
    Well, this bites. Maggard loses having us play up there first. I don't know when we've played the nechs down here in the last 15-20 years. AND we only get 2 chances in 3 years to BEAT them, plus I'll be pushing 70 by the time these games come up!! (That's if I'm not pushing up daisies, first!!!)

#cULture
    #WeAreLouisiana
    #GeauxCajuns
    #SunBeltChampions
    2014 we played here first. Then returned the trip there in 15.

The last I remember was Jake years. But we have played very few times since then. My favorite was Jake and Brandon vs Jason Martin and Chad Mackey up there and we beat them. I was young right out of school full of pee and vinegar intense fan. Myself and a certain pitcher from ole miss, who is rumored to be transferring here, dad had a great time walking out of that stadium. To the extent where the necks were telling us to just get the hell out of here and go home. I'll admit I would have called myself an @$$hole that night, but dang it was fun being an A-hole.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    The last I remember was Jake years. But we have played very few times since then. My favorite was Jake and Brandon vs Jason Martin and Chad Mackey up there and we beat them. I was young right out of school full of pee and vinegar intense fan. Myself and a certain pitcher from ole miss, who is rumored to be transferring here, dad had a great time walking out of that stadium. To the extent where the necks were telling us to just get the hell out of here and go home. I'll admit I would have called myself an @$$hole that night, but dang it was fun being an A-hole.
    Check your pm

Default Re: Tech, Future Non-Conference Games

Is it too late to change my vote in the Maggard poll?

I don’t care if their schedule doesn’t line up well with ours. We should not be playing there a second time before they return to Lafayette.

Quote Originally Posted by CAJUNJUDO View Post

I don’t care if their schedule doesn’t line up well with ours. We should not be playing there a second time before they return to Lafayette.
    It is a home and home series so I don't see the issue. Maybe they flipped a quarter to decide.

Quote Originally Posted by CAJUNJUDO View Post

I would have made them do a 2/1 or nada.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread Information