Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Louisiana vs LA Tech in 2026, 2029

Default Re: Louisiana vs LA Tech

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    Well we'll welll. Looks like we will be playing tech non-conference in 26 and 29

https://twitter.com/RaginCajunsFB/st...pmvwD_m9A&s=19
    Though there was a rule about FBS not playing at FCS schools. .. since tech will be in the Southland by 2026

2. Default Re: Louisiana vs LA Tech

I think scheduling them is a very good idea. I just wish they were coming here first.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    I think scheduling them is a very good idea. I just wish they were coming here first.
    Where was the last game with them played? If Ruston Maggard lost the negotiations on that deal. I hope we keep our momentum going until then.

4. Default Re: Louisiana vs LA Tech

I am a big fan of the regional G5 opponent idea with Home and Homes. We currently have the following for us:

2022 and 2025 Rice (Away 2022, Home 2025)
    2024 and 2027 Tulane (Home 2024, Away 2027)
    2023 and 2026 UAB (Away 2023, Home 2026) not as regional as Rice and Tulane but still very doable.

Here are the other schools I would love to see us work with (not all are G5's anymore):

Houston
    SMU
    UTSA
    UNT
    TCU

Basically from East Texas area - Alabama. This makes these games much more drivable for away games and hopefully brings in a few more fans from the opponents then would, say a EMU or NMSU.

Pretty sure last time they played us was at CF, right? When Dixon busted a 99 yard TD run on us in front of all of the recruits Hud invited.

6. Default Re: Louisiana vs LA Tech

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Pretty sure last time they played us was at CF, right? When Dixon busted a 99 yard TD run on us in front of all of the recruits Hud invited.
    I think that is accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    This all day long.

I wish they would get over themselves. Inclusion in the Sunbelt would give a much greater regional component.

And the hate......

There better be a big financial payoff if they decide to cancel coming to CF on the return.

This was announced quite a while back.
    https://fbschedules.com/louisiana-lo...ies-2026-2029/

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    No, that was the first game vs. them in the HUD era. Vast majority of us were all jacked up thinking we'd open up a can after a decade or more of them talking down to us. We were wrong.

The following season we went to Ruston for the return visit, with Nixon as our starting QB, a season some thought Brooks Haack would be our next efficient passing QB. I think most of us before that game knew what was coming in that matchup, and we were correct. Another beatdown handed to us by LA Tech, and we finished with a 4-8 season.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    No, that was the first game vs. them in the HUD era. Vast majority of us were all jacked up thinking we'd open up a can after a decade or more of them talking down to us. We were wrong.

The following season we went to Ruston for the return visit, with Nixon as our starting QB, a season some thought Brooks Haack would be our next efficient passing QB. I think most of us before that game knew what was coming in that matchup, and we were correct. Another beatdown handed to us by LA Tech, and we finished with a 4-8 season.
    Oh yea, I suppressed the memories from that Nixon/Haack season. Forgot about that.

12. Default Re: Louisiana vs LA Tech

I like the away games that are drivable. I don't like that the USM game this year was moved to a Thursday night.

Glad we are playing them. Not happy we are going there first and have to wait 7 years for them to come to Lafayette. That will have been 15 years in between games in Lafayette

I thought this was done months ago???

15. Default Re: Louisiana vs LA Tech

When was the last time the Cajuns beat the Necksters?

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread Information