Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Louisiana vs LA Tech in 2026, 2029

Default Re: Tech, Future Non-Conference Games

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    Not true. Cheyenne and Fort Collins are 1hour away. Estes Park and RMNP are 2 hours away. Could easily see a couple of these places and go to the game on a 3 day weekend.
    Yep. Know the area well and if you haven't been there done that it is worth it. Big Thompson canyon, where Este's Park is located, is beautiful but deadly. You don't really understand flash floods until you see the signs in the canyon that say if you hear a siren get out of your vehicle and start climbing. RNMP is a national treasure and you usually get to see some idiot testing Darwin's theories as they approach wildlife on foot.

What I would like answered is what drove this? Where did the conversation start and why?

Laramie>>>Rust On

3. Default Re: Tech, Future Non-Conference Games

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Laramie>>>Rust On
    Church Point > RustON

Hell > Ruston

My question is why wasn't the Wyoming series left alone and a Tech series added in the future? Could have started a 10 year series beginning in 26 with Tech coming here first.
    Like others, I was already starting to plan this trip. Stinks.

Maybe Wyoming backed out? Just a thought

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Maybe Wyoming backed out? Just a thought
    Maybe. That's what I'd like to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    My question is why wasn't the Wyoming series left alone and a Tech series added in the future? Could have started a 10 year series beginning in 26 with Tech coming here first.
    Like others, I was already starting to plan this trip. Stinks.
    That's my biggest gripe. I'm going to a UL football game on that date regardless of if it is in Ruston or Wyoming. Ideally we would have had both teams on the schedule, next best option is Wyoming only, third best option is LaTech only.

I mean it's annoying, but Jay Walker is trying to spin this as some sort of sign of us becoming entitled. Which frankly, he's full of ____.

Travel costs. Ticket sales. Duh.

Quote Originally Posted by Louisiana84 View Post
    Travel costs. Ticket sales. Duh.
    That'd be true if LaTech brought fans. During their last visit here, attendance for LaTech on 9/6/14 @ 6 pm (25K) was nearly the same as Georgia State 4 weeks later @ 6 pm. That was Georgian State's first full FBS year, so you know there was no hype for them, we were also 1-3 going into that GaSt game and all the loses were pretty bad. LaTech's only benefit is the savings in travel costs for the away game.

11. Default Re: Tech, Future Non-Conference Games

For me personally never play Zombie LoTech until a long time renewal of the series. Not in favor of assorted two game series.

12. Default Re: Tech, Future Non-Conference Games

Meh - don't think I don't realize that Wyoming is like, MWC Brand South Alabama, but the truth of the matter is - after realignment, the MWC, AAC, and the Sunbelt are vying for G5 supremacy. (I realize this is fighting over who the biggest fish in the bait pond is, but I digress)

I don't mind playing Tech, and actually welcome the opportunity to kick those dogkillers in their no-no spot.

I don't think so much hubbub would have been made had LaTech alone been added as a home/home. It's that a home/home with a school in a perceived "better" or "equal" conference was cancelled to do it.

That's the rub. It's a valid one. I'll hang up and listen.

I always enjoyed it when we played Tech at home, always a nice crowd, and easy to get from my parking spot to my seat at McNaspy..We're talking about Lamar Tech right?

Signed, Dr. A

14. UL Football Louisiana vs LA Tech

Louisiana Football and Louisiana Tech are set to face off on the gridiron after the two schools agreed on a home-and-home series, it was announced on Friday morning.

Default Louisiana vs LA Tech

Well we'll welll. Looks like we will be playing tech non-conference in 26 and 29

https://twitter.com/RaginCajunsFB/st...pmvwD_m9A&s=19

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread Information