Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana vs LA Tech in 2026, 2029

Default Re: Tech, Future Non-Conference Games

Quote Originally Posted by IHateLaState View Post
    Jay

Read what you just wrote.... THEY refused to schedule us UNTIL they are in a suck-ass conference and we are a top 25 program... NOW they agree to play us and you are wondering why we are saying no.... "Dr. Maggard FINALLY gets them to agree to....."

Hell NO
    I read it and I stand by what I said. And I put a long post as to why. I want these teams to play. And, I want them to play every year. I'm tired of not having a true rival. And, you can't have a true rivalry unless you play constantly in football. If it's a non conference thing like NMSU/UNM (or, before they joined CUSA, NMSU/UTEP) then fine.

I know the history of the BS probably better than anyone on this board. Playing them in football is good for both schools.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    I read it and I stand by what I said. And I put a long post as to why. I want these teams to play. And, I want them to play every year. I'm tired of not having a true rival. And, you can't have a true rivalry unless you play constantly in football. If it's a non conference thing like NMSU/UNM (or, before they joined CUSA, NMSU/UTEP) then fine.

I know the history of the BS probably better than anyone on this board. Playing them in football is good for both schools.
    Respect your opinion but College Football is becoming a dog eat dog world. They are down right now and I say we step on their necks (pun intended).... They still won't respect our name choices. If we help give them a step up into the SBC they won't change... Louisiana has that school across the basin and the rest of us are striving to become the clear next best. Honestly, at least in football, they had a period where nationally they were recognized as such. They blew it and never during that period did they say let's rekindle the in-state rivalry.... Quite the opposite. Frug em now that the tables have turned

The rivalry aspect is ok but I think So Miss replaces that nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Agreed. Their total lack of respect is why no one wants them in our conference and they know that. New leadership they claim as the old regime is gone. Nothing changed. They learned nothing in being left out of the last realignment. I would love the rivalry, but not at the expense of daily battering about our name. We can't do much about posters on a board, but this is the university still doing it. As long as they continue to maintain that position, they can stay with CUSA and the FBS wannabes. Besides, their budget is #124 at $21M, only 4 spots above the lowest ranked budget at #128, ULM at $16.5M. What do they really bring?
    What exactly do they bring? Other than those of us who remember a decades old rivalry nothing....

You want in-state rivalry? Play McNeese.....

Naaaa... Never mind...lol

Default Re: Louisiana vs LA Tech in 2026, 2029

I agree wholeheartedly with the notion that latech's disrespect toward us is not worth the dying rivalry that currently exists.

Since 2000, we have played a whole 5 times in 22 years, by the time this home and home completes, it will be 7 times in 29 years. That gap in time has led to a larger group of younger (35 and under) fans not caring much about tech and their disrespectful ways. Think about it this way, that age group has only seen us play tech twice from the time they entered college.

Im not even sure how much better it is for the school at this point, tech games can be just as meaningful as playing UNT at this point.

Jay, six months ago I was agreeing with this.

However, in this shifting landscape, in your opinion, does having this rivalry with them as part of the SBC outweigh the benefit we could have in recruiting if the Sunbelt is soon seen as the top G5 football conference, with us and ULM as the only ones able to boast that?

6. Default Re: Tech, Future Non-Conference Games

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Jay, six months ago I was agreeing with this.

However, in this shifting landscape, in your opinion, does having this rivalry with them as part of the SBC outweigh the benefit we could have in recruiting if the Sunbelt is soon seen as the top G5 football conference, with us and ULM as the only ones able to boast that?
    ………You don’t give a recruit any reason to attend ltur over UL……we are ranked higher…..our CONFERENCE IS RANKED HIGHER…..our academic program R1 is much better….we have larger crowds…..we have better facilities…..we have a larger student body…….we have a much higher endowment……we have a larger academic budget….we have a lot bigger total budget……we receive more research money……we have Lafayette not Ruston for a greater cULture…….they even used the Lafayette in announcing our playing them…….we have a great rival that has been waiting for the day and it has arrived…..beat Southerm Miss!

I see nearly zero reason to play those absolute turds except for it being a short trip.

I would play them to absolutely destroy thier junior college azz

9. Default Re: Louisiana vs LA Tech in 2026, 2029

Maybe Jake can bring in the game ball for the next time we play at home?

I would like them to play every year also. On rivalry week like Clemson/USC, FLa / Fla st, UGA / Ga Tech..... Just not as conference mates.

11. Default Re: Tech, Future Non-Conference Games

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Pop View Post
    I would like them to play every year also. On rivalry week like Clemson/USC, FLa / Fla st, UGA / Ga Tech..... Just not as conference mates.
    …..as was suggested years ago……Louisiana vs Southern Miss in the NO Superdome…..maybe every 3rd year!

Respect your opinion but College Football is becoming a dog eat dog world. They are down right now and I say we step on their necks (pun intended).... They still won't respect our name choices. If we help give them a step up into the SBC they won't change... Louisiana has that school across the basin and the rest of us are striving to become the clear next best. Honestly, at least in football, they had a period where nationally they were recognized as such. They blew it and never during that period did they say let's rekindle the in-state rivalry.... Quite the opposite. Frug em now that the tables have turned

100% THIS!

All of this. Our focus should be strengthening our rivalry with Southern Miss. Tuck Fech.

14. Default Re: Tech, Future Non-Conference Games

…….Jay playing them might be good for both schools…..but not playing them is good for only UL……I say this knowing that we will be LLLLLLLED TO THE MAX! I’ll take what is better and the best for us!

LA Tech is in charge of their own destiny. If they find good coaches and recruit good players they will win games. If they don't...they will lose. Win or lose to us has little bearing on their future or ours. If it were true, Tech would be miles ahead of us since we have not beat them in over 25 years. Glad the rivalry is being renewed.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread Information