Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Kevin Faulk will not be retained as RB coach at LSU A&M by new coach.

Default Re: Kevin Faulk will not be retained as RB coach at LSU A&M by new coach.

"Pay attention, boy, I'm cutting but you ain't bleeding!"

If I’m a roo – Ah say – if I’m a rooster, I hope to be struck by lightning! Uh kapow! Well, let’s put it another way. “Way” that is."

Default Re: Kevin Faulk will not be retained as RB coach at LSU A&M by new coach.

I know Faulk is a local legend, but is he a good coach and can he recruit? I have never heard any of my Tiger friends talk glowingly about him (no one trashes him either). Is he a good fit for the Culture? If he is, it seems like a nice add for our staff.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    They are friends. LSU stupidity knows no boundaries.
    But it will never outpace their arrogance.

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    I know Faulk is a local legend, but is he a good coach and can he recruit? I have never heard any of my Tiger friends talk glowingly about him (no one trashes him either). Is he a good fit for the Culture? If he is, it seems like a nice add for our staff.
    I know nothing of him as a coach (except that a friend who taught at Carencro while he was coaching there most recently loved him, had nothing but good interactions with him), but it's a good bet that there isn't a living room south of I-10 that he can't walk in to.

Quote Originally Posted by BrockMeaux View Post
    I know nothing of him as a coach (except that a friend who taught at Carencro while he was coaching there most recently loved him, had nothing but good interactions with him), but it's a good bet that there isn't a living room south of I-10 that he can't walk in to.
    Wonder if he wears his superbowl ring(s) on recruiting visits.

Quote Originally Posted by BrockMeaux View Post

We need to get some guys on staff that can get into the living rooms in Texas and Mississippi as well

Quote Originally Posted by cajungrad00 View Post
    We need to get some guys on staff that can get into the living rooms in Texas and Mississippi as well
    I have not recruited so much as a roast beef sandwich, but, in my expert opinion, the real need is to have someone who is welcome in the coach's offices in Texas and Mississippi. If the high school coach is good with the recruiter, I've got to believe Momma will be as well.

Quote Originally Posted by cajungrad00 View Post
    Facts

I have heard he and Raymond were the top recruiters for LSU in La.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    I have heard he and Raymond were the top recruiters for LSU in La.
    Only until Foghorn cut them loose. Then they became horrible assistants that were mediocre over rated recruiters who helped Ed Orgeron burn down the very fabric of everything that made LSU a national championship university for the past 500 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    Only until Foghorn cut them loose. Then they became horrible assistants that were mediocre over rated recruiters who helped Ed Orgeron burn down the very fabric of everything that made LSU a national championship university for the past 500 years.
    500?!?! More like 1,000 years, BWK!!!!

12. Default Re: Kevin Faulk will not be retained as RB coach at LSU A&M by new coach.

My comment has nothing to do with, Faulk, because I don't know. I'm just addressing overall question.

There is a big difference between "Can Do It" and "Convey It."

It takes a great teacher to transfer knowledge and kwowhow.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    My comment has nothing to do with, Faulk, because I don't know. I'm just addressing overall question.

There is a big difference between "Can Do It" and "Convey It."

It takes a great teacher to transfer knowledge and kwowhow.
    Look at his track record. He had Guice, who I'm sure everyone would not be happy about. He also has Edwards Hellaire whom he helped become a 1st round pick. Now Price is going pro & will prolly be drafted in the 3rd or 4th round.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    500?!?! More like 1,000 years, BWK!!!!
    Thanks for the correction. Twas a millennia.

15. UL Football Re: Kevin Faulk will not be retained as RB coach at LSU A&M by new coach.

Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    I have not recruited so much as a roast beef sandwich, but, in my expert opinion, the real need is to have someone who is welcome in the coach's offices in Texas and Mississippi. If the high school coach is good with the recruiter, I've got to believe Momma will be as well.
    He was a big part of the Patriot dynasty. I’m pretty sure he’s welcome into any high school coaches office just on that fact. Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi ,FloraBama Gulf Coast.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information