Thread: Zi'Yon Hill

1. UL Football Zi'Yon Hill

Just to get this right, Hill is a 2nd Team All American, but is only a 2nd Team All SBC guy. Man the SBC must be that good. What a CROCK OF SHI-ITE!!!!

https://www.actionnetwork.com/ncaaf/...m_campaign=tan

2. UL Football Re: Zi'Yon Hill

Dude we the champs. Beat the best runner up twice in a season. You know how hard that’s supposed to be.

Zion has been a studd since his signing date. We don’t need outside confirmation!

Default Re: Zi'Yon Hill

Hill is the single best defensive player I've ever seen in person at CHS-NI. Possibly the best player I've ever seen there, it's a tight battle with our current head coach. He was flat dominant for 4 years.

It's been great watching him in college, thank God for us he is "undersized"...otherwise he would be in the SEC and declaring for the draft this year.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Just to get this right, Hill is a 2nd Team All American, but is only a 2nd Team All SBC guy. Man the SBC must be that good. What a CROCK OF SHI-ITE!!!!

https://www.actionnetwork.com/ncaaf/...m_campaign=tan
    Jay made a decent yet half ass explanation of how these things happen the other day. The guys who vote on it can't vote for their own guy & unless they watch the guy play against their team, then they usually don't know who's who except through the stats sheet. ANd when you have a team like UL where so many defensive players have to share the plays made, it makes it hard to know who's really producing.

Interpretation: the guys who vote on these awards are lazy & don't go to the individual games to at least graze the highlights. Then of course there's the fact that UL was only on national TV about eight times this season. So if these media people really thought their own conference was worth watching, they would have taken the effort to see who was playing well. And it wouldn't have taken long. What can you do?

Like you, as good as Hill has been, I think Manac wasn't just the best player on the Cajuns team, he was the best player in the whole conference the last month of the season. But I also liked that LB from App St. He was a bad boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    Jay made a decent yet half ass explanation of how these things happen the other day. The guys who vote on it can't vote for their own guy & unless they watch the guy play against their team, then they usually don't know who's who except through the stats sheet. ANd when you have a team like UL where so many defensive players have to share the plays made, it makes it hard to know who's really producing.

Interpretation: the guys who vote on these awards are lazy & don't go to the individual games to at least graze the highlights. Then of course there's the fact that UL was only on national TV about eight times this season. So if these media people really thought their own conference was worth watching, they would have taken the effort to see who was playing well. And it wouldn't have taken long. What can you do?

Like you, as good as Hill has been, I think Manac wasn't just the best player on the Cajuns team, he was the best player in the whole conference the last month of the season. But I also liked that LB from App St. He was a bad boy.
    They were watching our games... with clipboards, taking notes, probably with all of the coaches watching together and discussing it. How do you pass up a chance to scout an opponent, sitting in your own home or office?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    They were watching our games... with clipboards, taking notes, probably with all of the coaches watching together and discussing it. How do you pass up a chance to scout an opponent, sitting in your own home or office?
    There's no doubt the other team's coaching staffs did their due diligence. But their media people didn't do their due diligence or else just about every single defensive starter would have been on the all conference team somewhere with at least 4 as starters.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    There's no doubt the other team's coaching staffs did their due diligence. But their media people didn't do their due diligence or else just about every single defensive starter would have been on the all conference team somewhere with at least 4 as starters.
    Interestingly, as Hill makes 2nd team All American, there is not a single mention of it by UL on RaginCajuns.com.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Interestingly, as Hill makes 2nd team All American, there is not a single mention of it by UL on RaginCajuns.com.
    I have a feeling 1st/2nd all-conference team lists at the G5 level are easy scouting reports for the P5 semi-pro "schools." With the transfer portal and all.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    I have a feeling 1st/2nd all-conference team lists at the G5 level are easy scouting reports for the P5 semi-pro "schools." With the transfer portal and all.
    This was definitely a fear when this all started, but it has been the exception, more than the rule. Not many impact G5 players 'moving up' to P5.

Congratulations tp Zi"Yon

Thread Information