Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Last Remaining Popeyes Buffet in the World is Officially Closed Forever

1. What a Downer The Last Remaining Popeyes Buffet in the World is Officially Closed Forever

It's officially the end of an era.

The last remaining Popeyes buffet was located here in Lafayette at the Oil Center location on Pinhook Road. While the restaurant will remain open serving their regular menu, the buffet option will not be returning once indoor dining opens back up to the public.

Default Re: The Last Remaining Popeyes Buffet in the World is Officially Closed Forever

Thanks for ruining my Christmas!

3. Default Re: The Last Remaining Popeyes Buffet in the World is Officially Closed Forever

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    Thanks for ruining my Christmas!
    I just read this, it sucks.

Default Re: The Last Remaining Popeyes Buffet in the World is Officially Closed Forever

All is not lost. There is one more great fried chicken buffet left in this world. I will go so far as to say it is even better than Popeye's. It has the same recipe for the chicken & fried catfish as well. It's a little trip to Biloxi, but you guys should love the name. And it's right around 10 dollars still.
    https://www.yelp.com/biz/cajuns-fabu...=Fried+Chicken

5. Default Re: The Last Remaining Popeyes Buffet in the World is Officially Closed Forever

Covid fear strikes again

6. Default Re: The Last Remaining Popeyes Buffet in the World is Officially Closed Forever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Covid fear strikes again
    Explain the previous 100 that closed.

7. Default Re: The Last Remaining Popeyes Buffet in the World is Officially Closed Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    What other 100?

8. Default Re: The Last Remaining Popeyes Buffet in the World is Officially Closed Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Not one Popeye's Buffet closed during Covid. The one in Lafayette was the only one left in the world all the others had been closed previous to Covid. All Popeyes buffets with the exception of Pinhook had closed prior to 2010.

9. Default Re: The Last Remaining Popeyes Buffet in the World is Officially Closed Forever

Back in 2003 every company owned Popeyes had a buffet along with a few franchises.

They all (except 1) closed 10 years before Covid.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Not one Popeye's Buffet closed during Covid. The one in Lafayette was the only one left in the world all the others had been closed previous to Covid. All Popeyes buffets with the exception of Pinhook had closed prior to 2010.
    Oh sure!!!! If you're going to let facts get in the way of assumptions based on nothing more than gut feeling and what a bird tells you.....

No more 5 star OL/DL recruits.

Had I known they were open BEFORE March 2020, I would have been there every trip I made to Lafayette.
    ______!

13. Default Re: The Last Remaining Popeyes Buffet in the World is Officially Closed Forever

Quote Originally Posted by tdncz View Post
    Had I known they were open BEFORE March 2020, I would have been there every trip I made to Lafayette.
    ______!
    Luckily I was able to get there one last time before they closed it down for good.

14. Default Re: The Last Remaining Popeyes Buffet in the World is Officially Closed Forever

It was set to close a few years ago but Anthony Bourdain ate there every other day/night when he was in Acadiana. The national publicity gave it a boost along with the notoriety of being the last one.

Borden's on Johnston gets a similar tourism boost.

Bordens on Johnson is really an Acadiana Treasure....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information