Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Last Remaining Popeyes Buffet in the World is Officially Closed Forever

Default Re: The Last Remaining Popeyes Buffet in the World is Officially Closed Forever

Quote Originally Posted by tdncz View Post
    Bordens on Johnson is really an Acadiana Treasure....
    That ain't going anywhere as long as Red is around.

Default Re: The Last Remaining Popeyes Buffet in the World is Officially Closed Forever

A fraternity brother of mine was permanently banned from that Popeyes. I don’t know how many times he did it, but got caught stuffing his tin foil lined backpack with that delicious chicken.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Covid fear strikes again
    Vic brings up covid in a thread/topic that has nothing to do with covid again. But don't worry, he's "not letting it consume his life".

4. Default Re: The Last Remaining Popeyes Buffet in the World is Officially Closed Forever

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    Vic brings up covid in a thread/topic that has nothing to do with covid again. But don't worry, he's "not letting it consume his life".
    You are consumed with Vic and Covid. I hope there is a shot for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    All is not lost. There is one more great fried chicken buffet left in this world. I will go so far as to say it is even better than Popeye's. It has the same recipe for the chicken & fried catfish as well. It's a little trip to Biloxi, but you guys should love the name. And it's right around 10 dollars still.
    https://www.yelp.com/biz/cajuns-fabu...=Fried+Chicken
    Heritage House in Moss Point is the best chicken buffet I've had in Mississippi

One of the only Popeye's where I could still find chicken livers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    All is not lost. There is one more great fried chicken buffet left in this world. I will go so far as to say it is even better than Popeye's. It has the same recipe for the chicken & fried catfish as well. It's a little trip to Biloxi, but you guys should love the name. And it's right around 10 dollars still.
    https://www.yelp.com/biz/cajuns-fabu...=Fried+Chicken
    The sign has a very McDowell's vs McDonald's vibe.

Very good reviews...will have to try

8. Default Re: The Last Remaining Popeyes Buffet in the World is Officially Closed Forever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    One of the only Popeye's where I could still find chicken livers.
    My wife laments the loss of that luxury.

I think she was the last liver customer in Abbeville.

9. Default Re: The Last Remaining Popeyes Buffet in the World is Officially Closed Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    My wife laments the loss of that luxury.

I think she was the last liver customer in Abbeville.
    Are you treating her to livers tonight . .

10. Default Re: The Last Remaining Popeyes Buffet in the World is Officially Closed Forever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Are you treating her to livers tonight . .
    I'm not letting her see this post, it will make me look bad.

I died alittle inside after reading this. The good old days are truly gone!

12. Default Re: The Last Remaining Popeyes Buffet in the World is Officially Closed Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I'm not letting her see this post, it will make me look bad.
    So it’s blocked on her RP account . .

Rascal's in Duson has an excellent fried chicken buffet on Thursday for lunch!

The coup de grace!! Chicken Express here in Texas has some bad sssss Fried Gizzards!! BONUS: The believe in lagniappe. You have a 9 piece meal and a 12 piece meal. No matter which you choose, they dont count.. You get more gizzards than you can shake a stick at!!! Anyway... back to Popeyes.

Z

Quote Originally Posted by ZZeebart21 View Post
    The coup de grace!! Chicken Express here in Texas has some bad sssss Fried Gizzards!! BONUS: The believe in lagniappe. You have a 9 piece meal and a 12 piece meal. No matter which you choose, they dont count.. You get more gizzards than you can shake a stick at!!! Anyway... back to Popeyes.

Z
    I had it in Bridge city twice was not impressed.. maybe it's the location

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information