Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst . 18 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast

Thread: Bowls of Interest

1. Default Re: Bowls of Interest

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    …and another SEC championship. Not trying to be snarky as both teams deserve to be there, but I actually might not watch. I love college football, but I’m genuinely tired of watching the same scene play out with the same teams.

Really excited about a lot of the matchups today, though.
    Well, is it fair to blame the SEC when you saw what failed to even be competitive from the rest yesterday. You have to beat them to take them out . . .

Default Re: Bowls of Interest

Everything is better in the sec is what they say.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Now I understand why we got a quarterback transfer from Maryland. This guy is pretty good

https://umterps.com/sports/football/.agovailoa/9507
    Yes he is, but 2 seasons ago LL2 beat him out to start a couple of games before losing QB1 position.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Well, is it fair to blame the SEC when you saw what failed to even be competitive from the rest yesterday. You have to beat them to take them out . . .
    I said UGA and Bama deserve to be there. I don’t blame the sec. It’s just a massive disappointment to see the same teams, again. I get that they have to he beaten, but from this fan’s perspective it’s old.

I think I’m more disappointed in cinci and Michigan. You just watched the same narrative play out after all that hype. I was genuinely excited about the games. Then they started to play.

I said UGA and Bama deserve to be there. I don’t blame the sec. It’s just a massive disappointment to see the same teams, again. I get that they have to he beaten, but from this fan’s perspective it’s old.

I think I’m more disappointed in cinci and Michigan. You just watched the same narrative play out after all that hype. I was genuinely excited about the games. Then they started to play.
    Who you got Bama or UGA?

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    Real easy to root for Stetson and Bulldogs. What a story!
    I haven't gone thru this thread completely so this may have been brought up already, but Stetson was coming to UL from the Juco in MS. He got the call from Smart to come back to GA when Justin Fields transferred to OState. If that didn't happen, don't think we would have seen much of LL these last couple of years. Not a breakaway running threat like LL, but can scramble and move the chains. His arm talent, for his size, is off the shelf.

The QB I haven't seen before the bowl game was the QB for Wake Forest, Sam Hartman. Super impressed with the variety of deliveries he uses and dude can move out of the pocket. He'll be a Heisman candidate starting the upcoming season.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Who you got Bama or UGA?
    I just hope both teams have fun.

I just hope both teams have fun.
    How about Some opt outs for the championship! The bowl season is already in ruins.
    Let’s blow the whole thing up

9. Default Re: Bowls of Interest

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    How about Some opt outs for the championship! The bowl season is already in ruins.
    Let’s blow the whole thing up
    What does this mean which you are wishing far?

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    So you going 1-1 today? When my buddy first moved down here in the 80’s, he was the first one I ever heard ask “how does State look this year”? Of course, everyone laughed…except him. He didn’t know.
    Was playing basketball with some kids I just meet when I first moved down here. Was wearing a Michigan shirt while two of the kids had purple on. Was told I had to start rooting for the state school now that I was down here. Hit three 3's on them in a row and they never said that stupid ____ again

11. Default Re: Bowls of Interest

Quote Originally Posted by Jeaux View Post
    Was playing basketball with some kids I just meet when I first moved down here. Was wearing a Michigan shirt while two of the kids had purple on. Was told I had to start rooting for the state school now that I was down here. Hit three 3's on them in a row and they never said that stupid ____ again
    Maybe they meant Louisiana . . . but we’re confused in their color coordination . . . everything Michigan sucked last night . . .

…and another SEC championship. Not trying to be snarky as both teams deserve to be there, but I actually might not watch. I love college football, but I’m genuinely tired of watching the same scene play out with the same teams.

Really excited about a lot of the matchups today, though.
    Yeah, I'm in the same boat as you. No interest in watching another SEC Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Yeah, I'm in the same boat as you. No interest in watching another SEC Championship.
    Just wait until they get a 11-2 Oklahoma in. That's when the real fun starts.

It'll be Clemson, Alabama, Oklahoma and which ever sec team that didn't play Alabama and had a good record

Quote Originally Posted by Jeaux View Post
    Jeaux Knows!

15. UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: Bowls of Interest

Ohio State trying to get back in the game early 4th quarter.

The Utes putting up a bigger fight than their namesake.

Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst . 18 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast

Thread Information