Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Where will Louisiana rank in Final College football polls?

Default Re: Where will Louisiana rank in Final College football polls?

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    We are NOT finishing in the Coaches' top 10, regardless of the fact that many of the things that the OP listed as reasons did, indeed happen. NO G 5 team is going to move up 6-7 spots in the final poll of the season. Notre Dame is not falling below us because they lost to # 9 Oklahoma State. Alabama, Georgia, Michigan and Cincy, in some order will be # 1-4. Baylor, Ohio State, Oklahoma State, Michigan State, Oklahoma and Notre Dame will be in some order # 5-10. That accounts for all the remaining 1 and 2 loss P-5 teams plus Cincy. The highest possible ranking for Louisiana is 11, and that requires Ole Miss to drop by at least 4 spots [after losing to a ranked 2 loss P5] while UL moves up by 6 spots.

What is the likely best case scenario for Louisiana is that we finish behind Ole Miss and Kentucky at # 13. Worst case scenario we could also be passed by Houston, Wake Forest and Clemson, while a 3 loss Pitt drops only 4 spots and Utah only drops 6, leaving Louisiana at a # 18 ranking in the Coaches' poll.

The AP is similar in possible outcomes within 1 or 2 spots.
    I agree with your 1-4 & I agree with next picks. However , you mentioned Cincinnati twice. They only get to hold one spot. Plus there are no other one loss, or even two loss P-5 teams besides the ten you just mentioned except UL. The question is will the pollsters give a 3 loss Ole miss precedence over UL for the 11th spot? There's no way they move Kentucky, or Clemson, or Houston, Wake Forest, or any one else above UL. That won't happen. UL will be #11, or #12 in the final AP poll. Possibly #13 in the coaches poll, but most likely #12 & possibly #11.

2. Default Re: Where will Louisiana rank in Final College football polls?

We are NOT finishing in the Coaches' top 10, regardless of the fact that many of the things that the OP listed as reasons did, indeed happen. NO G 5 team is going to move up 6-7 spots in the final poll of the season. Notre Dame is not falling below us because they lost to # 9 Oklahoma State. Alabama, Georgia, Michigan and Cincy, in some order will be # 1-4. Baylor, Ohio State, Oklahoma State, Michigan State, Oklahoma and Notre Dame will be in some order # 5-10. That accounts for all the remaining 1 and 2 loss P-5 teams plus Cincy. The highest possible ranking for Louisiana is 11, and that requires Ole Miss to drop by at least 4 spots [after losing to a ranked 2 loss P5] while UL moves up by 6 spots.

What is the likely best case scenario for Louisiana is that we finish behind Ole Miss and Kentucky at # 13. Worst case scenario we could also be passed by Houston, Wake Forest and Clemson, while a 3 loss Pitt drops only 4 spots and Utah only drops 6, leaving Louisiana at a # 18 ranking in the Coaches' poll.

The AP is similar in possible outcomes within 1 or 2 spots.
    Damn it, you are missing my point!

I don't give a hoot where the P5s THINK we should be ranked, or where we ultimately will be ranked due to the P5 influence. I already laid that out in my post you responded to! Yeah, the one that is based on DISHONESTY, BIAS, and PURE P5 FRAUDULENCE!!
    Yeah, I want to know where YOU HONESTLY believe WE SHOULD BE RANKED ON MERIT, PERFORMANCE and play on the football field this past season. Step up to the plate, DENOUNCE THE WICKED P5 influence, and give me YOUR HONEST TOP 10 RANKINGS! Is that too hard for G5ers with skin in the game this year to do?

Simply give me YOUR TOP 10 teams and dismiss the dishonest P5 shenanigans which may or may not ultimately transpire. And if you dare, do you think any P5 should not fall a spot after losing their bowl game at the end of the season?

Quote Originally Posted by Gueydanmike1969 View Post
    Let's see what I gleaned from your scathing rebuttal to my hopeful, positive statement about my favorite team of 70 years, the Ragin' Cajuns.

--You stated that Texas was a "bad team". Yet we played them in a hostile environment on the road in the first game of the season when they were ranked in the Top 25 in several polls and were the betting favorite.
    --You do not seem to be impressed at all with UL, a team that has the longest winning streak in the nation at 13 games.
    --You said UL fans of that aforementioned team are "mesmerized" by their team's unequaled, impressive success because they lost their initial game of the season to a ranked team at their place who finished with seven wins that was not invited to a bowl game. How many teams WERE INVITED this year to a bowl game that won less than 7 games, Junior??? Plenty enough, as I recall.
    --If the Ragin Cajuns were a P-5 school that was 13-1 with that streak and won their bowl game like WE did, HOW MANY geniuses would vote them OUT OF THE TOP 10??? NONE, that's how many!!! If we are indeed voted out the TOP 10, it will be by BIAS by the P5s that keep us out!!! And it will be unprecedented, too.
    --You are no Cajun fan, just a hater from Louisiana A&M @ Baton Rouge or another state school that envies us this year. You need help, and should contact a Special Ed Teacher, a Psychiatrist or a Proctologist immediately!
    --Finally, a question for you to ponder. How many times in the entire HISTORY of college football has a team won 13 consecutive games and lost only one game, to a team with seven or more wins from a major conference, and has not made the Top 10 at the end of the season?? But before this happens this year for the first time, you, a modern day gibbon-brained, tree sloth, are leading the charge for it to happen. Pull one shoe out of your mouth and the other out your rear end. You are empirically, emotionally and, alas, genetically too far down the Intelligence Chain of this old world to even be allowed an opinion!!
    You either can't read or can't comprehend. Where did I say Texas was bad ? I said Marshall was bad. Because they were. Did I say winning 13 in a row was bad ? No, it's good but unfortunately won't get you in the top 10. Also, check your math "Junior". Texas was 5-7 this season. That's why they didn't go to a bowl game. Plenty 6-6 teams did [unfortunately]. I guess you're one of those for a 16 team playoff as well right ? Hell, make it 24. You ever heard of strength of schedule ? Look around smart a--

4. Default Re: Where will Louisiana rank in Final College football polls?

I don't give a hoot where the P5s THINK we should be ranked, or where we ultimately will be ranked due to the P5 influence. I already laid that out in my post you responded to! Yeah, the one that is based on DISHONESTY, BIAS, and PURE P5 FRAUDULENCE!!
    Yeah, I want to know where YOU HONESTLY believe WE SHOULD BE RANKED ON MERIT, PERFORMANCE and play on the football field this past season. Step up to the plate, DENOUNCE THE WICKED P5 influence, and give me YOUR HONEST TOP 10 RANKINGS! Is that too hard for G5ers with skin in the game this year to do?

Simply give me YOUR TOP 10 teams and dismiss the dishonest P5 shenanigans which may or may not ultimately transpire. And if you dare, do you think any P5 should not fall a spot after losing their bowl game at the end of the season?
    I’m not sure what you think is a criteria for poll ranking. I’m fairly certain that the December 9th UL would lose to everyone in the top ten 9 of 10 times. We’d be decided dogs to Clemson, UH, and Arkansas.

If ranking is more about record than quality, then yeah you’re absolutely right.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I’m not sure what you think is a criteria for poll ranking. I’m fairly certain that the December 9th UL would lose to everyone in the top ten 9 of 10 times. We’d be decided dogs to Clemson, UH, and Arkansas.

If ranking is more about record than quality, then yeah you’re absolutely right.
    A 13 win App state team with 2 P5 wins moved up 1 spot after winning the NOLA bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    A 13 win App state team with 2 P5 wins moved up 1 spot after winning the NOLA bowl.
    Reality ^^^^

7. Default Re: Where will Louisiana rank in Final College football polls?

Quote Originally Posted by babysitter View Post
    You either can't read or can't comprehend. Where did I say Texas was bad ? I said Marshall was bad. Because they were. Did I say winning 13 in a row was bad ? No, it's good but unfortunately won't get you in the top 10. Also, check your math "Junior". Texas was 5-7 this season. That's why they didn't go to a bowl game. Plenty 6-6 teams did [unfortunately]. I guess you're one of those for a 16 team playoff as well right ? Hell, make it 24. You ever heard of strength of schedule ? Look around smart a--
    My bad on Texas' record, but why was Marshall bad? I stand firm on all of my other points, Junior, that you failed to address.

Whatever we’re rank, better enjoy it this summer.

9. Default Re: Where will Louisiana rank in Final College football polls?

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    And the goober gobblers on here call me a pervert. Geez, So Mike you forgot one ingredient in the stew. UL played Texas in the lake of hell fire in early September, at 2:00 in the afternoon. When anyone from this board goes to field level in Austin at 1400 Hrs. & runs around with a back pack on for ten minutes at a time then 1 minute of rest in between while wearing a helmet in that hotbox, Then they can talk about what a milk & cookies event that was. Games like that aren't games. They are endurance contests to see who can survive in the home teams natural environment the longest. I have no doubt if Texas had come to our soup bowl, they would have endured a different kind of hell & it would have appeared on the score board.
    Totally agree with you on the Texas game, Kyle. I say we win if they play us at our place. Now, had we gone unbeaten, would we have made the Top four? Fun to think about it!

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Whatever we’re rank, better enjoy it this summer.
    16-0 will be fun!

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    16-0 will be fun!
    But the world is ending. Napier is draining the program of talent and coaches. Des is mad at Napier. But it’s why we won’t be as successful next year.

Or suck it up buttercup and aim high. Like how you think.

12. Default Re: Where will Louisiana rank in Final College football polls?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    This is what really chaps my rear end. That as well as P5 teams in the rankings holding their spots or MOVING UP in the polls after LOSING their last game.

What you asked for is exactly what I did. We should not be in front of any 1 or 2 loss P 5, nor should we be in front of a 13-1 Cincinnati. There are 9 P 5 teams with 2 or fewer losses, and Cincinnati's SOS was much better than ours. That means that 11th is our best case scenario and that is where I would put us.

I sincerely doubt that the voters in either poll agree with me, so I expect us to be at best 13 and at worst 18.

14. Default Re: Where will Louisiana rank in Final College football polls?

What you asked for is exactly what I did. We should not be in front of any 1 or 2 loss P 5, nor should we be in front of a 13-1 Cincinnati. There are 9 P 5 teams with 2 or fewer losses, and Cincinnati's SOS was much better than ours. That means that 11th is our best case scenario and that is where I would put us.

I sincerely doubt that the voters in either poll agree with me, so I expect us to be at best 13 and at worst 18.
    Where would we be if we had gone 14-0?

15. Default Re: Where will Louisiana rank in Final College football polls?

Where would we be if we had gone 14-0?
    …..l…>.Just thinking ahead……who would you play harder for in ‘22? Des or Nap?….no contest and I think as this thing goes further, the Cajuns will really come together…..we need some added help to exited positions, but just think we can pick up some players to improve on our 13 win streak!

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information