Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Where will Louisiana rank in Final College football polls?

Default Re: Where will Louisiana rank in Final College football polls?

Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post
    Think of it another way, gents. Going back to Bandwagon King's comment about perception...

"Welcome everybody, to ESPN College Football Saturday!! We are here in sunny Tallahassee, FL to where today's match up pits the FSU Seminoles against the Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana. The Cajuns, of course, coming off of a historic 13-1 last season, FINISHING at #10 IN THE FINAL AP RANKINGS....."

That, gentlemen, is perception. So, even if we are ranked in the back 20 - 25 spots, the PBP announcers will likely have this on their cue cards to discuss during our nationally televised games...
    Considering we play FSU in November, I doubt they would bring up last year's record and ranking

2. Default Re: Where will Louisiana rank in Final College football polls?

Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post
    Think of it another way, gents. Going back to Bandwagon King's comment about perception...

"Welcome everybody, to ESPN College Football Saturday!! We are here in sunny Tallahassee, FL to where today's match up pits the FSU Seminoles against the Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana. The Cajuns, of course, coming off of a historic 13-1 last season, FINISHING at #10 IN THE FINAL AP RANKINGS....."

That, gentlemen, is perception. So, even if we are ranked in the back 20 - 25 spots, the PBP announcers will likely have this on their cue cards to discuss during our nationally televised games...
    That won't matter in November of 2022 when the game is being played.

My bad, that was the 4th game listed on our current (and still unfinished) schedule for next year. Just replace it with SLU (not as big a viewing audience). But even with pre-season programming on ESPN, the college analysts will have this in their discussions...

4. Default Re: Where will Louisiana rank in Final College football polls?

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    You don't care. That's fine. I can guarantee you that Mike Desormeaux won't make a visit, or talk to a single recruit without mentioning where UL ends up in the polls. And the higher the number, the more likely he will mention the exact number with greater emphasis. And he will more than likely mention it in every press conference & every opportunity to bring it up. And if you don't think pollsters who are also a lot of the same people who vote on HOF awards, etc. look at what happens off the field also, then you are naive.
    I don't disagree with anything you state here, and I can't believe I am saying that. But that has nothing to do with Brian Kelly and LSU or Billy Napier and LSU.

As far as our ranking goes, I hope we are higher than lower, but again, whether we are 13 or 18, I won't care that much. At this point we did everything we set out to do, with the exception of beating Texas. All goals reached, check. Would I like to be higher, yes, do I care if we are 4 or 5 spots lower, I guess so, but it aint gonna mean a hill of beans in recruiting, or exposure or anything else. CMD will say, come play for our back to back Nationally ranked Cajuns. We finished ranked #...... and a recruit is not going to sign because we were 12 rather than 16. The difference of where we are and where we will be in going to be somewhat insignificant, unless we finish in the Top 10 and that is highly unlikely to happen.

5. Default Re: Where will Louisiana rank in Final College football polls?

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    I don't disagree with anything you state here, and I can't believe I am saying that. But that has nothing to do with Brian Kelly and LSU or Billy Napier and LSU.
    You are getting soft . . .

6. Default Re: Where will Louisiana rank in Final College football polls?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    No, just willing to call an idiot an idiot when needs to be and accept that he might be correct when he has some, albeit, very little common sense.

Best case Scenario Worst case scenario

1 Cincinnati
    2 Notre Dame
    3)Michigan
    4)Alabama
    5)Georgia
    6) Ohio St.
    7) Ole Miss
    8)Pittsburgh
    9)Louisiana
    10) All 3 loss teams here

Worst case scenario
    1) Alabama
    2)Georgia
    3)Michigan
    4)Cincinnati
    5)Baylor
    6)Oklahoma State
    7)Notre Dame
    8)Mich. St.
    9)Oklahoma
    10)Utah
    11)Ohio State
    12)Ole Miss
    13)Louisiana

As far as our ranking goes, I hope we are higher than lower, but again, whether we are 13 or 18, I won't care that much. At this point we did everything we set out to do, with the exception of beating Texas. All goals reached, check. Would I like to be higher, yes, do I care if we are 4 or 5 spots lower, I guess so, but it aint gonna mean a hill of beans in recruiting, or exposure or anything else. CMD will say, come play for our back to back Nationally ranked Cajuns. We finished ranked #...... and a recruit is not going to sign because we were 12 rather than 16. The difference of where we are and where we will be in going to be somewhat insignificant, unless we finish in the Top 10 and that is highly unlikely to happen.
    Wrong on your last statement. At this point UL is as likely to finish number 10 as they are not to. Just informing you of the odds & scenarios that would cause this to occur. The most unlikely event has already fallen in our favor.

Why must you make completely unnecessary & quite frankly stupid commentary about every single opinion that every single person posts. You are such a stupid little troll when you could be a respected poster.

10. Default Re: Where will Louisiana rank in Final College football polls?

Wrong on your last statement. At this point UL is as likely to finish number 10 as they are not to. Just informing you of the odds & scenarios that would cause this to occur. The most unlikely event has already fallen in our favor.
    Tell us your credentials in math . . .

No, just willing to call an idiot an idiot when needs to be and accept that he might be correct when he has some, albeit, very little common sense.
    You need to quit taking yourself so seriously junior. You may be an authority on every player in a UL uniform. But you're not nearly as brilliant as you believe you are.

King, I am a little fuzzy on how Ole Miss and Pitt winning their bowls, puts Louisiana in a better position. Pitt is actually at #13 right now (got a few rankings mixed up from earlier entry - sorry!). Utah needs to lose and I would see Pitt lose to Mich St at #11 in order keep them out of the top 10. Although, having them win and finish 12-2 at ACC Champs does remove a log jam between #9 - 14...Then Ok St. Trying to figure that one. They need to get crushed by the Irish in order to blank out at 11-3. Utah MUST get bulldozed by OSU and finish with 4 losses. I think it is imperative that OU beat Oregon since a four loss Oregon is easier to jump than a 3 loss OU AND an 11-win Oregon.

Tell us your credentials in math . . .
    Obviously better than yours considering you keep making the mathematically impossible trolls you continue to make about the mathematical facts concerning, I was gonna say the virus, but in your case everything.

By the way, your hero get the booster, then BOOed for the booster. His math isn't any better than yours, but he's smart enough not to let himself get taken out by the kung flu.

14. Default Re: Where will Louisiana rank in Final College football polls?

You need to quit taking yourself so seriously junior. You may be an authority on every player in a UL uniform. But you're not nearly as brilliant as you believe you are.
    That is where you are wrong Kyle, I don't believe for one second I am brilliant. I don't come on here to give commentary about how smart I am, never have and never will. I come on here usually to get information from much more knowledgeable people then myself, state opinions that are backed up by facts or to just read information that I may or may not have known about the Cajuns. You on the other hand come on this board and dictate to people how much you know about everything and 90% of the time you are wrong.

Secondly, you can call me junior or son or whatever term you feel that degrades me. I am in fact much older than you think, and granted might not be as old as you, but have been a "TRUE CAJUN FAN" for much, much longer than you.

My knowledge about Cajun players and players that the Cajuns are facing comes from research, listening to people in the know from both teams (Cajuns and opponents) and looking up research. I don't care if you appreciate my posts or not, but many people on this board do. And until more people than the BANDWAGON .... tells me they don't want my insight, I will continue to bring it on this board.

I don't post here to show how smart I am or how much smarter than others on this board like you do. I post here because many of these people on here are my true friends who I have known either for a long time (guys like Z, HoustonCajun, Metry Cajun and others) or newer friends like Equisto, MillionDollar Mullet, Jeaux and MelRock and many others like me to.

The day people whom I respect on this board ask me to stop posting, is the day I do. Not when someone with very little intelligent thoughts like yourself does.

14 or 13 ... If you think we move up 6 spots for beating a 7 win Marshall team you need your brain checked.

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information