Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Where will Louisiana rank in Final College football polls?

1. Default Re: Where will Louisiana rank in Final College football polls?

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Perception is the one thing we have going for us. The perception of our program has changed over the past 3 years but what I'm saying is I really don't think many people put much interest into the "final" rankings. Once the season is over and a champion is crowned I think the average fan doesn't even look at these.
    Yes, however it is the ranking that lasts the longest of them all and because of time, it is probably the most important ranking of the season . . . we will have this rank until the first preseason rankings come out next fall . . . and really until the first rankings come out after play starts. We will start next year with this ranking . . .

Default Re: Where will Louisiana rank in Final College football polls?

Going for broke. Here's Grantvb's Projected Final AP rankings:

1 - Georgia 14-1 (Wins the NC)
    2 - Alabama 13-2 (Loses the NC)
    3 - Notre Dame 12-1
    4 - Baylor 12-2
    5 - Michigan 12-2
    6 - Ohio St. 11-2
    7 - Cincinnati 13-1 (no room for loss, move them back to teach them a lesson)
    8 - Michigan St. 11-2
    9 - Oklahoma 11-2
    10 - LOUISIANA 13-1
    11 - Oklahoma St. 11-3 (Losing to the #5 team)
    12 - Ole Miss 10-3 (Tough schedule - Loses to #6 team)
    13 - NC State 10-3 (Ranked #18 coming in beats UCLA 8-4)
    14 - Utah 10-4
    15 - Pitt 11-3
    16 - Clemson 10-3 (Ranked #19 coming in beats Iowa St. 7-5)
    17 - Houston 12-2 (Ranked #21 coming in beats Auburn 6-6)
    18 - Texas A&M 9-4 (Ranked #23 coming in beats #20 Wake Forest 10-3)
    19 - Arkansas 9-4 (Ranked #22 coming beats Penn State 7-5)
    20 - Kentucky 10-3 (Ranked #25 coming beats #17 Iowa 10-3)
    21 - USTA 13-1 (Ranked #24 coming in beats RV San Diego St 11-2)
    22 - Utah State 11-3 (RV coming defeated Oregon St.)
    23 - Iowa 10-4 (Ranked #17 loses to #25 Kentucky)
    24 - BYU 10-3 (Ranked #13 coming in lost to UAB 9-4)
    25 - Wake Forest (Ranked #20 coming in loses to Texas A&M 9-4)

3. Default Re: Where will Louisiana rank in Final College football polls?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Yes, however it is the ranking that lasts the longest of them all and because of time, it is probably the most important ranking of the season . . . we will have this rank until the first preseason rankings come out next fall . . . and really until the first rankings come out after play starts. We will start next year with this ranking . . .
    Vic, I wonder if we will have it when the season starts. Once 2022 football season is upon us a new ranking will come out. We will be with a new coaching staff and a ton of new players. I think we will have a ranking but to think our ranking in 2022 will be the same as it ended the 2021 season might be a little off. I will be happy with a top 25 ranking to start the season, specifically as has been discussed earlier because we should be 3-0 before we have a conference game which should allow us to move up in the rankings.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Vic, I wonder if we will have it when the season starts. Once 2022 football season is upon us a new ranking will come out. We will be with a new coaching staff and a ton of new players. I think we will have a ranking but to think our ranking in 2022 will be the same as it ended the 2021 season might be a little off. I will be happy with a top 25 ranking to start the season, specifically as has been discussed earlier because we should be 3-0 before we have a conference game which should allow us to move up in the rankings.
    Agreed, Dave. Look for us to be 18-23.

5. Default Re: Where will Louisiana rank in Final College football polls?

yes, all of these things will be in force, however no one will be able to take away from us the ranking we finished the season with. As new rankings come out, that will be less significant, however from now until then, it will be the only real ranking . . . and it is also important for the first ranking as the lazy will always start with that one to get where ever they end up for the first ranking . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post
    Agreed, Dave. Look for us to be 18-23.
    Feels about right. Because it's all about how the pollsters are feeling (not thinking).

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    yes, all of these things will be in force, however no one will be able to take away from us the ranking we finished the season with. As new rankings come out, that will be less significant, however from now until then, it will be the only real ranking . . . and it is also important for the first ranking as the lazy will always start with that one to get where ever they end up for the first ranking . . .
    I'd be pleasantly surprised to start next season ranked. But no Billy, and no super seniors, I just don't think we'll get that much respect.

I don’t think we start the season ranked

9. UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: Where will Louisiana rank in Final College football polls?

The higher and longer teams are ranked creates an easier path to being ranked. We see it often when a ranked P5 stumbles out the gate are rewarded with ranking by beating unranked teams!

I think there is a good chance we start the season ranked, I just don't think the average pollster thinks about the bottom of the 25 that much, and will just see our 10-15 end of season ranking and put us somewhere in the top 25.

Quote Originally Posted by AstroCajun View Post
    I'd be pleasantly surprised to start next season ranked. But no Billy, and no super seniors, I just don't think we'll get that much respect.
    We will have some super seniors, just a matter of who

Final CFP @ 20. Other two polls, @ 12th.

13. Default Re: Where will Louisiana rank in Final College football polls?

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Final CFP @ 20. Other two polls, @ 12th.
    Final CFP is 23. That is done.

I can’t. I really can’t. So Kyle is saying that LSU handling of their coaching search is going to effect where the Cajuns end up being ranked.

This post is 30-45 seconds of my life I can’t get back.

Look I don’t know where the Cajuns will end up and I truly don’t care. This has been a magical season and anywhere in the top 20 will be great. But to think Bryan Kelly, LSU or anything that happens in Baton Rouge will effect our ranking is ludicrous.
    You don't care. That's fine. I can guarantee you that Mike Desormeaux won't make a visit, or talk to a single recruit without mentioning where UL ends up in the polls. And the higher the number, the more likely he will mention the exact number with greater emphasis. And he will more than likely mention it in every press conference & every opportunity to bring it up. And if you don't think pollsters who are also a lot of the same people who vote on HOF awards, etc. look at what happens off the field also, then you are naive.

Think of it another way, gents. Going back to Bandwagon King's comment about perception...

"Welcome everybody, to ESPN College Football Saturday!! We are here in sunny Tallahassee, FL to where today's match up pits the FSU Seminoles against the Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana. The Cajuns, of course, coming off of a historic 13-1 last season, FINISHING at #10 IN THE FINAL AP RANKINGS....."

That, gentlemen, is perception. So, even if we are ranked in the back 20 - 25 spots, the PBP announcers will likely have this on their cue cards to discuss during our nationally televised games...

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information