Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Where will Louisiana rank in Final College football polls?

Default Re: Where will Louisiana rank in Final College football polls?

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    I've looked at all of the bowl match ups. IF Louisiana wins the New Orleans bowl, they should end the season ranked between 10 & 12 in the final rankings.
    Not a snowballs chance in hell. Win against a 7-5 Marshall team is gonna catapult them to the 10-12 spot ? Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by babysitter View Post
    Not a snowballs chance in hell. Win against a 7-5 Marshall team is gonna catapult them to the 10-12 spot ? Cheers.
    Probably not.

But losses by teams ahead of us could... remember, we're at 16, to move to 12 is only 4 slots. A win moves us 1-2 slots, a blowout moves us up 2, possibly 3, and losses by other teams could provide another 1-2 slots.

BK is maybe a bit overconfident, but his scenario isn't out of the question.

3. Default Re: Where will Louisiana rank in Final College football polls?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    Probably not.

But losses by teams ahead of us could... remember, we're at 16, to move to 12 is only 4 slots. A win moves us 1-2 slots, a blowout moves us up 2, possibly 3, and losses by other teams could provide another 1-2 slots.

BK is maybe a bit overconfident, but his scenario it isn't out of the question.
    What ever confidence he has is overconfident.

Win, higher than we are now. Lose, out the rankings.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    What ever confidence he has is overconfident.
    I thought he was as wrong as he could be when he wrote Louisiana would be ranked this high with the last two wins. I am skeptical, but I sure ain't gonna say he's wrong.

6. Default Re: Where will Louisiana rank in Final College football polls?

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Win, higher than we are now. Lose, out the rankings.
    I heard Louisiana was a lock in the CFP.

7. Default Re: Where will Louisiana rank in Final College football polls?

Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    I thought he was as wrong as he could be when he wrote Louisiana would be ranked this high with the last two wins. I am skeptical, but I sure ain't gonna say he's wrong.
    What does my statement have to do with right or wrong, luck or not . .

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    I hope you are correct, but I am knee deep in doing my weekly preview for the Marshall game and I will tell you this team is better than their 7-5 record. I believe the Cajuns are better than Marshall, but in doing a deep dive into their roster and their games this year, this is a pretty salty football team.
    No dispute there, it's my understanding they have a very good QB that lost some playing time? And they are like all the other hillbilly teams that are just gonna be tough because of their background & environment. But they didn't have a single team on their schedule that compares to UL physicality wise IMO. And I believe this Louisiana team & it's coach are out to prove something. The job might be done for Billy Napier, but is not done for his team. And it's just starting for this coach & other coaches on this staff who are now out to prove to Mike they deserve to move up his totem pole.

I want to hear about Marshall & what they have to bring. But at the end of the day, I will personally be hugely immensely disappointed if this UL team doesn't win & very disappointed if they don't easily cover the spread whatever it is. I actually look for a 31-10 type score in this game.

I'm gonna spell it out the way I see it. First of all UL needs to beat Marshall & the bigger the better, that's just life. Secondly they have no shot of jumping the final 4, or Notre Dame & OSU. So you want both of those teams to win their bowl games.
    Thirdly, all the other teams in front of them play each other, so they will jump at least half of those teams. The only exception is BYU. UBA can beat BYU somehow & they can. And Notre Dame beats OSU. The other OSU beats Utah, the Cajuns will be ranked #10 in the final poll. But assuming UL takes care of their business, they will be ranked no lower than #12. No one will be able to jump them. that's not gonna happen.

Can you say top ten? Number 10? NUMBER TEN? TOP TEN? Tippy top ten?

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    Can you say top ten? Number 10? NUMBER TEN? TOP TEN? Tippy top ten?
    Sure sounds better than "Bottom 10." Because we been there, ain't fun.

12. Default Re: Where will Louisiana rank in Final College football polls?

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    Dude you are a former coach, we want to see your lineup!
    …….Damn ….gave you the RBs, WRs, QB, Special teams are the same…….wondering who we might be portalling-in for Srs or COVID Jrs not returning……it was posted that we are losing 22 guys, that can’t be correct???

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    …….Damn ….gave you the RBs, WRs, QB, Special teams are the same…….wondering who we might be portalling-in for Srs or COVID Jrs not returning……it was posted that we are losing 22 guys, that can’t be correct???
    So give us your lineup, coach!

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Probably FSU's homecoming game....get ready to have your ass kicked FSU...
    Could this be a signature game for CMD? That would be sweet.

BK isn't wrong by his logic....
    (Ranks according to the AP)
    Louisiana is Ranked #16
    #13 Pitt vs #11 MSU
    #9 OK St vs #5 ND
    #17 Iowa vs #25 UK
    #10 Utah vs #7 OSU
    #6 Baylor vs #8 Ole Miss
    #12 BYU vs UAB
    #14 OU vs #15 Oregon

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information