Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 18 19 20 21

Thread: Where will Louisiana rank in Final College football polls?

Default Re: Where will Louisiana rank in Final College football polls?

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    The best thing to combat all the NIL/transfer portal BS going on right now would be for Nick Saban to retire.
    Interesting... why do you believe that?

Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    Interesting... why do you believe that?
    Really? The man has a stranglehold on college football. I’ve lost count but I think he’s going for number 8 in the last 12 years or so. Him retiring would do a world of good for the rest of college football trying to compete for national championships.

Really? The man has a stranglehold on college football. I’ve lost count but I think he’s going for number 8 in the last 12 years or so. Him retiring would do a world of good for the rest of college football trying to compete for national championships.
    It would also do a world of harm to a lot of teams that are traditional powers, or wannabes. And that is the ironically beautiful part of the NIL/ transfer portal. Imagine the folks in baton rouge going 5-7 the first year old Nicky is OUT. How does that type of season go over with a jillion dollars going to coaches & them setting up the old Gordan Mekernon player fund.

4. Default Re: Where will Louisiana rank in Final College football polls?

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    So I have no way of knowing what you call respect. But for a conference that still couldn't get UL a better bowl mate than the one they got us this year, #15 after 6 games is pretty damn impressive. I'd be pretty happy with a 15th ranked undefeated UL next season after 6 games.
    You changed narratives so fast it makes it hard to follow you but I get it that is what you are trying to do. No one said anything about "respect". Helmut and you were discussing where we would be ranked, not respect and you said the way to change that is to go out and beat everyone (paraphrasing) into the ground and make them notice you.

Coastal started the AP poll in the season 2021 at #17. They went 6-0 beating teams by the scores of:

52-14
    49-22
    28-25
    53-3
    59-6
    52-20

They moved up from #17 to #15. Again, it doesn't how you beat teams. Coastal got noticed alright, they moved up 2 spots from the preseason AP poll to the Week 6 poll by demolishing all but 1 opponent.

If we start the season in the Top 25 and defeat the first 6 opponents (EMU, SLU, Rice and 3 SBC opponents, our ranking will move up, that I am sure about, but it will not move more than 4-5 spots at most. And even then by proof of what I told you about Coastal I don't see that happening. I hope it would, but be shocked if it did.

Oh!!! I agree with that. Just don't understand what the NIL or portal have to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    Oh!!! I agree with that. Just don't understand what the NIL or portal have to do with it.
    New blood man. Fresh faces. We finally get a G5 in the playoff and who do they get trounced by? Frickin Alabama lol

7. Default Re: Where will Louisiana rank in Final College football polls?

New blood man. Fresh faces. We finally get a G5 in the playoff and who do they get trounced by? Frickin Alabama lol
    Did Michigan do significantly better than Cincinnati? Didn’t seem to me.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Did Michigan do significantly better than Cincinnati? Didn’t seem to me.
    No they didn’t. What’s your point? Alabama would have trounced them too.

But here's the part the million dollar man should appreciate. What happens with all of the schools who've been having the built in Saban excuse? How much more does the pressure drive their fan/booster bases insane when they don't step in & take the master's place? I see the coaching carousel spinning like a roulette wheel shortly afterward. the transfer portal will shake so hard from the fallout it's bound to crash & fall to pieces. The future of college football is doomed. Whoever survives the fallout becomes the new kids on the block.

10. Default Re: Where will Louisiana rank in Final College football polls?

No they didn’t. What’s your point? Alabama would have trounced them too.
    My only point, I guess not apparent, is nobody is questioning Michigan’s right to the final four. Many, P5 promoters, question Cincinnatis spot on final four. They’re using the score to justify their bias.

My only point, I guess not apparent, is nobody is questioning Michigan’s right to the final four. Many, P5 promoters, question Cincinnatis spot on final four. They’re using the score to justify their bias.
    Agreed which lends credence to my point of Alabama’s domination. Minus Clemson, who has Alabama not dominated? Saban retiring would be good for the sport.

12. Default Re: Where will Louisiana rank in Final College football polls?

I never questioned Cincy being there. Based on the season, they absolutely deserved to be in the final four and I actually think they did well for themselves. They struggled offensively, but they played Alabama better than most P5 and SEC teams did, including Miami, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Tennessee and even Georgia.

Remember what LSU did to OU a few years back, remember what Alabama and Clemson have done in the semis in the past. Hell I am proud of the fight Cincy was able to give. The problem this year is their was a clear #1 and #2 and a big drop off behind them. It wouldn't have mattered who would have played Alabama and Georgia this year, no one was going to be competitive. Michigan and Cincy deserved to be there, mostly by default.

But at the end of the day the best two teams in then country are playing Monday night, for sure.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 18 19 20 21

Thread Information