Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst . 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Thread: Where will Louisiana rank in Final College football polls?

Default Re: Where will Louisiana rank in Final College football polls?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I’m not sure what you think is a criteria for poll ranking. I’m fairly certain that the December 9th UL would lose to everyone in the top ten 9 of 10 times. We’d be decided dogs to Clemson, UH, and Arkansas.

If ranking is more about record than quality, then yeah you’re absolutely right.
    I call Bull squat on this post. If such is the case, then why are some of those awesome teams choosing to not play a bowl game at all rather than pick an over rated dud like UL just so they can whip our behinds in public & send us home embarrassed & just take out little ranking from us? People recirculating garbage lies like you just did is why the narrative always stays where it is & never moves. If you didn't make up the lie then why give such an old turd yet another fresh set of legs to walk on?

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    What you asked for is exactly what I did. We should not be in front of any 1 or 2 loss P 5, nor should we be in front of a 13-1 Cincinnati. There are 9 P 5 teams with 2 or fewer losses, and Cincinnati's SOS was much better than ours. That means that 11th is our best case scenario and that is where I would put us.

I sincerely doubt that the voters in either poll agree with me, so I expect us to be at best 13 and at worst 18.
    I agree with your first paragraph, not that we shouldn't be ahead of ANY two loss P-5 team, but that the pollsters will surely see it that way. But as far as anyone else goes, they can't make that argument. At least not make it with any levity. I do think UL could play with Baylor, Michigan State & this year's Oklahoma & beat them consistently. But I don't think anyone else does, including the team. That's what still needs to change at UL. That's what I hope Mike can change at UL.

3. Default Re: Where will Louisiana rank in Final College football polls?

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    I call Bull squat on this post. If such is the case, then why are some of those awesome teams choosing to not play a bowl game at all rather than pick an over rated dud like UL just so they can whip our behinds in public & send us home embarrassed & just take out little ranking from us? People recirculating garbage lies like you just did is why the narrative always stays where it is & never moves. If you didn't make up the lie then why give such an old turd yet another fresh set of legs to walk on?
    Whatever

4. Default Re: Where will Louisiana rank in Final College football polls?

I know our buddy Kyle, likes to think he is right more than anyone else on the planet, but here is College football News final projection of the AP Poll. I had stated that we would be lucky to be in the Top 15. They have us at 14. I think this is probably where we will bear out in the end. And before Kyle or anyone says anything, this was posted yesterday.

https://collegefootballnews.com/2022.ngs-prediction

Ole Miss, Utah and Pitt (2 3 loss teams and 1 4 loss team ahead of us.)

5. Default Re: Where will Louisiana rank in Final College football polls?

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    I know our buddy Kyle, likes to think he is right more than anyone else on the planet, but here is College football News final projection of the AP Poll. I had stated that we would be lucky to be in the Top 15. They have us at 14. I think this is probably where we will bear out in the end. And before Kyle or anyone says anything, this was posted yesterday.

Ole Miss, Utah and Pitt (2 3 loss teams and 1 4 loss team ahead of us.)
    I have to question Pittsburg. They finished the season without their all everything quarterback. If the final ranking includes the status of the team at it’s last game, they’re over-ranked.

6. Default Re: Where will Louisiana rank in Final College football polls?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I have to question Pittsburg. They finished the season without their all everything quarterback. If the final ranking includes the status of the team at it’s last game, they’re over-ranked.
    They also have us at 15 in the Coaches Poll.

7. Default Re: Where will Louisiana rank in Final College football polls?

Top-10 is a perception threshold

There is virtually no difference between 11-20, though top-15 might be a threshold of sorts. All are great.

As far as where voters will make their mistakes or let bias shine through? Who knows.

I'll take 13-1 with an argument to be made. any day, any year.

Given our SOS, the projections seem fair for the most part. But a 4 loss Utah team is questionable to be ahead of us.

9. Default Re: Where will Louisiana rank in Final College football polls?

Based on SOS the SEC should have swept.

SOS is overrated.

If the Packers played UL's schedule this year, their SOS would be the same.

SOS is not overrated. If Packers played our schedule they would have called the games at halftime.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Given our SOS, the projections seem fair for the most part. But a 4 loss Utah team is questionable to be ahead of us.
    Do you really think we would beat Utah or Ole Miss? I'm happy with 14 or 15 and think that is fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Do you really think we would beat Utah or Ole Miss? I'm happy with 14 or 15 and think that is fair.
    Only one way to know

13. Default Re: Where will Louisiana rank in Final College football polls?

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    SOS is not overrated. If Packers played our schedule they would have called the games at halftime.
    Calling the games at half time would not give them a higher SOS.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    They also have us at 15 in the Coaches Poll.

Why would you celebrate a projection that places UL below their proper ranking? Does it thrill you that much to see a fellow fan be wrong? Your head needs to be checked for more than fever from your case of covid.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    This is a perfect example of the "know your place" mentality.

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst . 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Thread Information