Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst . 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 . LastLast

Thread: Where will Louisiana rank in Final College football polls?

1. Default Re: Where will Louisiana rank in Final College football polls?

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    I have a crazy thought voters see 13 game winning streak, think “Meh, G5, 13 game streak, vote them 13th”. Enough do that, we’ll be higher.
    I say we finish in the Top 10.

Default Re: Where will Louisiana rank in Final College football polls?

I wish, Mike. But the last Ray of hope for that died with Notre Dame’s poor game performance

Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post
    Sometimes I scare myself. I’m not trying to come off as arrogant, I just can’t see who would leap frog us or how any losing team between 8-15 would log jam us
    It looks like we had just about as bad a run of luck the last few days as we could have from the outcome of the other bowls. but it still looks like we finish 12th, or maybe even 11th. We will have the longest wining streak in the country & be one of only 3 one loss teams in the country. With no one finishing the season undefeated, that's as good a claim to stake as anyone can have this season. What a great season. Here's to more where that came from.

Quote Originally Posted by Gueydanmike1969 View Post
    I say we finish in the Top 10.
    Please explain how a New Orleans Bowl victory over a bad 7-5 team [now 7-6] can possibly land us in the top 10. Enlighten me. I think "the streak" has a lot of people mesmerized. It's great to have won 13 in a row but let's not forget that we loss to Mighty Texas who wasn't quite capable of making one of the 40- something bowl games. Believe it or not, that matters as well.

Quote Originally Posted by babysitter View Post
    Please explain how a New Orleans Bowl victory over a bad 7-5 team [now 7-6] can possibly land us in the top 10. Enlighten me. I think "the streak" has a lot of people mesmerized. It's great to have won 13 in a row but let's not forget that we loss to Mighty Texas who wasn't quite capable of making one of the 40- something bowl games. Believe it or not, that matters as well.
    We needed some help to get into the top ten. For the most part that help didn't arrive. You can use any example of a bad game against almost every single team in the CFP with the exception of Cincinnati. UL did almost everything they were capable of doing to place themselves in the top ten. There are plenty of detractors down the road 50 miles. Probably don't need any more at home base. This team will end up at #11, or #12 depending on where the pollsters place Ole Miss. 13 wins in a row means a hell of a lot more than a single loss at the beginning of the season at this point to pollsters. It always has & I doubt seriously that will ever change.

6. Default Re: Where will Louisiana rank in Final College football polls?

Let's see what I gleaned from your scathing rebuttal to my hopeful, positive statement about my favorite team of 70 years, the Ragin' Cajuns.

--You stated that Texas was a "bad team". Yet we played them in a hostile environment on the road in the first game of the season when they were ranked in the Top 25 in several polls and were the betting favorite.
    --You do not seem to be impressed at all with UL, a team that has the longest winning streak in the nation at 13 games.
    --You said UL fans of that aforementioned team are "mesmerized" by their team's unequaled, impressive success because they lost their initial game of the season to a ranked team at their place who finished with seven wins that was not invited to a bowl game. How many teams WERE INVITED this year to a bowl game that won less than 7 games, Junior??? Plenty enough, as I recall.
    --If the Ragin Cajuns were a P-5 school that was 13-1 with that streak and won their bowl game like WE did, HOW MANY geniuses would vote them OUT OF THE TOP 10??? NONE, that's how many!!! If we are indeed voted out the TOP 10, it will be by BIAS by the P5s that keep us out!!! And it will be unprecedented, too.
    --You are no Cajun fan, just a hater from Louisiana A&M @ Baton Rouge or another state school that envies us this year. You need help, and should contact a Special Ed Teacher, a Psychiatrist or a Proctologist immediately!
    --Finally, a question for you to ponder. How many times in the entire HISTORY of college football has a team won 13 consecutive games and lost only one game, to a team with seven or more wins from a major conference, and has not made the Top 10 at the end of the season?? But before this happens this year for the first time, you, a modern day gibbon-brained, tree sloth, are leading the charge for it to happen. Pull one shoe out of your mouth and the other out your rear end. You are empirically, emotionally and, alas, genetically too far down the Intelligence Chain of this old world to even be allowed an opinion!!

7. Default Re: Where will Louisiana rank in Final College football polls?

Let's see what I gleaned from your scathing rebuttal to my hopeful, positive statement about my favorite team of 70 years, the Ragin' Cajuns.

--You stated that Texas was a "bad team". Yet we played them in a hostile environment on the road in the first game of the season when they were ranked in the Top 25 in several polls and were the betting favorite.
    --You do not seem to be impressed at all with UL, a team that has the longest winning streak in the nation at 13 games.
    --You said UL fans of that aforementioned team are "mesmerized" by their team's unequaled, impressive success because they lost their initial game of the season to a ranked team at their place and finished with seven wins that was not invited to a bowl game. How many teams WERE INVITED this year to a bowl game that won less than 7 games, Junior??? Plenty enough, as I recall.
    --If the Ragin Cajuns were a P-5 school that was 13-1 with that streak and won their bowl game like WE did, HOW MANY geniuses would vote them OUT OF THE TOP 10??? NONE, that's how many!!! If we are indeed voted out the TOP 10, it will be by BIAS by the P5s that keep us out!!! And it will be unprecedented, too.
    --You are no Cajun fan, just a hater from Louisiana A&M @ Baton Rouge or another state school that envies us this year. You need help, and should contact a Special Ed Teacher, a Psychiatrist or a Proctologist immediately!
    --Finally, a question for you to ponder. How many times in the entire HISTORY of college football has a team won 13 consecutive games and lost only one game, to a team with seven or more wins from a major conference, and has not made the Top 10 at the end of the season?? But before this happens this year for the first time, you, a modern day gibbon-brained, tree sloth, are leading the charge for it to happen. Pull one shoe out of your mouth and the other out your rear end. You are empirically, emotionally and, alas, genetically too far down the Intelligence Chain of this old world to even be allowed an opinion!!
    The average elevation of Gueydan just went up an inch with this post.

You might want to chech your insurance rates too, they might have gone down.

8. Default Re: Where will Louisiana rank in Final College football polls?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    The average elevation of Gueydan just went up an inch with this post.

You might want to chech your insurance rates too, they might have gone down.
    That's why we stay so pizzed off down here. Also, thanks for the extra inch, "Big Fan". As a teenager and virile young man, I always fantasized about miraculously acquiring an extra inch or two to flash about during erotic occasions.

That's why we stay so pizzed off down here. Also, thanks for the extra inch, "Big Fan". As a teenager and virile young man, I always fantasized about miraculously acquiring an extra inch or two to flash about during erotic occasions.
    And the goober gobblers on here call me a pervert. Geez, So Mike you forgot one ingredient in the stew. UL played Texas in the lake of hell fire in early September, at 2:00 in the afternoon. When anyone from this board goes to field level in Austin at 1400 Hrs. & runs around with a back pack on for ten minutes at a time then 1 minute of rest in between while wearing a helmet in that hotbox, Then they can talk about what a milk & cookies event that was. Games like that aren't games. They are endurance contests to see who can survive in the home teams natural environment the longest. I have no doubt if Texas had come to our soup bowl, they would have endured a different kind of hell & it would have appeared on the score board.

10. UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: Where will Louisiana rank in Final College football polls?

They played better than us from the opening series much like Boise had no trouble below sea level in our sauna & steam room.

Too much is made up about weather conditions. Boise altitude of 2700 feet not too big a factor, unlike Denver at a mile high. Even Boone at 3300 is okay except for the winter.

11. Default Re: Where will Louisiana rank in Final College football polls?

You post a lot of contrarian ____ to be throwing the "we" word around.

Make us people of Gueydan origin proud Coach.

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    Make us people of Gueydan origin proud Coach.
    GRA GUEYDAN.East and Coach Mike!

We are NOT finishing in the Coaches' top 10, regardless of the fact that many of the things that the OP listed as reasons did, indeed happen. NO G 5 team is going to move up 6-7 spots in the final poll of the season. Notre Dame is not falling below us because they lost to # 9 Oklahoma State. Alabama, Georgia, Michigan and Cincy, in some order will be # 1-4. Baylor, Ohio State, Oklahoma State, Michigan State, Oklahoma and Notre Dame will be in some order # 5-10. That accounts for all the remaining 1 and 2 loss P-5 teams plus Cincy. The highest possible ranking for Louisiana is 11, and that requires Ole Miss to drop by at least 4 spots [after losing to a ranked 2 loss P5] while UL moves up by 6 spots.

What is the likely best case scenario for Louisiana is that we finish behind Ole Miss and Kentucky at # 13. Worst case scenario we could also be passed by Houston, Wake Forest and Clemson, while a 3 loss Pitt drops only 4 spots and Utah only drops 6, leaving Louisiana at a # 18 ranking in the Coaches' poll.

The AP is similar in possible outcomes within 1 or 2 spots.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    They played better than us from the opening series much like Boise had no trouble below sea level in our sauna & steam room.

Too much is made up about weather conditions. Boise altitude of 2700 feet not too big a factor, unlike Denver at a mile high. Even Boone at 3300 is okay except for the winter.
    That's because Boise was a better team at the time. So was App. I happened to catch a couple of the coaches at Gino's one night before the Texas game & warn them that they should pack fans for the locker room. Word had it that the Texas visitors locker room air conditioning is famous for not working on game day. And anyone who hasn't been to Austin, or San Antonio during the swelter of summer just doesn't know what the term hot as hell means. We know soupy hot. But that is murderously hot weather. And we didn't have any film on their new coach QB combination which hurt our ability to set up a game plan to stop them. I have no doubt if that game is aa month later UL beats Texas & goes undefeated for the season.

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst . 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 . LastLast

Thread Information