Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 2021-12-07 Desormeaux Press Conference

Default Re: 2021-12-07 Desormeaux Press Conference

Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    Am I correct that Mike is 36? If so, does that make him the youngest HC in Div. 1?
    I believe he is 38.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I already posted two names.
    Can you post a link? I missed it.

I'm ecstatic about Coach Dez, I'm just curious about how attractive our program has become to outsiders.

Born Sep 29, 1985 (36)

Sean Lewis with Kent State is 34.

Default Re: Desormeaux Press Conference 2:45p

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    I agree very much with your post....and why you asked the question. Is there any reason we can't share the list of coaches we interviewed? If that is not kosher, you could pm me. I actually think it might go a long way to cutting some slack to CMD, to know this wasn't just a 'usl' hiring.
    MAT named some coaches he believes were interviewed.

6. Default Re: 2021-12-07 Desormeaux Press Conference

Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    My feeble brain cannot comprehend why that would be the case. Can you explain your line of reasoning, please?
    The further you look down the coaching totem pole the less knowledge and experience you tend to see. That includes knowledge of what, schools are good jobs.

So when the younger up and comer sees experienced coaches applying somewhere for HC, it makes it more attractive to apply for coordinator jobs.

Perception

7. Default Re: Desormeaux Press Conference 2:45p

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Why do people get their panties twisted for asking questions on this board? LoL! Like damn, are yall that fragile? Its really weird. Let me reiterate for the 100th time, I support the hire. I love Des. And I will support the team as much as I ever have. I know that when someone asks questions, its automatically assumed that in a negative light....like you're putting down the hire. To the contrary actually. Anyhow, if you want to know why it matters, I'll tell you. I simply asked because I want to know what kind of candidates he surpassed in the process. By the way, A source sent me that info via text message shortly after I posted this, so I got my answer. And I'll say, its fkn impressive the caliber of coaches he surpassedfor this coaching position! Makes me damn proud to be a RAGIN CAJUN!!!
    ……I think the biggest part of this negative experience part of his being hired is that the vicarious transmission of Nap to Des…..man you work every day for 4 plus years with a mentor/co worker, you are that man and sometimes the former becomes part of the latter……Des has been to Clemson, Alabama, and Arizona…..he has experienced the good and bad and coulda shoulda woulda……and yes not the empirical knowledge but close to it!

8. Default Re: Desormeaux Press Conference 2:45p

I believe Mike will be an excellent coach for the Cajuns. And if everything works out you can rest assure, he'll be here a long time.

9. Default Re: Desormeaux Press Conference 2:45p

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Bullet View Post
    I believe Mike will be an excellent coach for the Cajuns. And if everything works out you can rest assure, he'll be here a long time.
    This benefit should always be secondary to the hiring process and hiring the best coach available but boy it’s a nice thing to have once you pass that initial threshold . .

Default Re: Desormeaux Press Conference 2:45p

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ……I think the biggest part of this negative experience part of his being hired is that the vicarious transmission of Nap to Des…..man you work every day for 4 plus years with a mentor/co worker, you are that man and sometimes the former becomes part of the latter……Des has been to Clemson, Alabama, and Arizona…..he has experienced the good and bad and coulda shoulda woulda……and yes not the empirical knowledge but close to it!
    I agree

P.S. I NEVER share my sources or the info they share with me.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    P.S. I NEVER share my sources or the info they share with me.
    But we all know who your sources are really cause your podna tells us all

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    But we all know who your sources are really cause your podna tells us all
    Hahahah! I have sources with sources

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information