Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2021-12-07 Desormeaux Press Conference

Default Re: Desormeaux Press Conference 2:45p

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    Lot of great stuff.

But the #1 theme was voiced by Dr. Maggart as he introduced Coach Dez:
    "...young men first, football players second."

It reminds me of the comment by George Lynn Cross, OU's president from 1943 to 1968:
    "I want a university the football team can be proud of."

Mike is not just raising the bar for football. He is upping the ante for the entire campus, the region, the state, and beyond.

And he just challenged us, here, on RaginPagin, to all to step up. Winning is a by-product. Excellence is the goal.

Let's build a university that the football team can be proud of.
    I hope he can win sufficiently early to keep the dogs off of him while he establishes his version of Napier's system. The pieces are there from a talent standpoint to do well, as many here have repeatedly pointed out it will be his assistant coach hires over the next few weeks that will probably make or break his chances.

I sure hope he is successful it would be the best possible situation to have a guy who loves the University, who is trying to win the right way, be around for decades.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    I hope he can win sufficiently early to keep the dogs off of him while he establishes his version of Napier's system. The pieces are there from a talent standpoint to do well, as many here have repeatedly pointed out it will be his assistant coach hires over the next few weeks that will probably make or break his chances.

I sure hope he is successful it would be the best possible situation to have a guy who loves the University, who is trying to win the right way, be around for decades.
    We are not in the trap that many big universities are in: the donors don't (yet) control UL.

I once heard that, at Texas A&M the President is paid by the Alumni Association, and each month important alumni walk the check over and hand-deliver it. Before they do, they have a conversation where they express concerns, and changes they wish to see... often in athletics.

I do not know if that is true. But certainly that type of dysfunction exists at most sports-first universities.

For the foreseeable future, UL athletics are controlled by Savoie & Maggard. Mike will be given the time and resources he needs. The only thing that will stop him is if the wheels fall completely off.

I just don't see that with Mike.

Does anyone know names of candidates that were interviewed for the job, if any?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Does anyone know names of candidates that were interviewed for the job, if any?
    Does it really matter?

None of them had better qualifications than Dmeaux in the 2 areas that mattered most to the AD.

Local recruiting ties and personal recommendations.

5. Default Re: Desormeaux Press Conference 2:45p

Somehow I thought he valued his intelligence and soaking up all the knowledge that Saban and Dado imparted to Billy.

But if my memory is correct the most important thing was that he loved each player on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Does it really matter?

None of them had better qualifications than Dmeaux in the 2 areas that mattered most to the AD.

Local recruiting ties and personal recommendations.
    Why do people get their panties twisted for asking questions on this board? LoL! Like damn, are yall that fragile? Its really weird. Let me reiterate for the 100th time, I support the hire. I love Des. And I will support the team as much as I ever have. I know that when someone asks questions, its automatically assumed that in a negative light....like you're putting down the hire. To the contrary actually. Anyhow, if you want to know why it matters, I'll tell you. I simply asked because I want to know what kind of candidates he surpassed in the process. By the way, A source sent me that info via text message shortly after I posted this, so I got my answer. And I'll say, its fkn impressive the caliber of coaches he surpassedfor this coaching position! Makes me damn proud to be a RAGIN CAJUN!!!

Why do people get their panties twisted for asking questions on this board? LoL! Like damn, are yall that fragile? Its really weird. Let me reiterate for the 100th time, I support the hire. I love Des. And I will support the team as much as I ever have. I know that when someone asks questions, its automatically assumed that in a negative light....like you're putting down the hire. To the contrary actually. Anyhow, if you want to know why it matters, I'll tell you. I simply asked because I want to know what kind of candidates he surpassed in the process. By the way, A source sent me that info via text message shortly after I posted this, so I got my answer. And I'll say, its fkn impressive the caliber of coaches he surpassedfor this coaching position! Makes me damn proud to be a RAGIN CAJUN!!!
    If it helps, I think it's a very reasonable question and one I'd like to know the answer to, but don't think I will ever get with certainty.

I agree very much with your post....and why you asked the question. Is there any reason we can't share the list of coaches we interviewed? If that is not kosher, you could pm me. I actually think it might go a long way to cutting some slack to CMD, to know this wasn't just a 'usl' hiring.

9. Default Re: 2021-12-07 Desormeaux Press Conference

It’s to protect the coaches who applied and didn’t get the job here in their current job. How hard is that to figure out. Thanks JtJ for continuing using that protection and not posting. If that is made public, all applicants will know the next time not to apply here because the promised confidentiality is not maintained. You should cut some slack to CMD because of those involved in the hiring process on our end. If that is not good enough for you, sorry to say you probably can’t be helped.

10. Default Re: 2021-12-07 Desormeaux Press Conference

Well thank God some of the jurors have seen the evidence demanded by a few. Naturally everyone would like that information, me included. I’m fine with my curiosity unfilled.

Default Re: 2021-12-07 Desormeaux Press Conference

Am I correct that Mike is 36? If so, does that make him the youngest HC in Div. 1?

12. Default Re: 2021-12-07 Desormeaux Press Conference

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    It’s to protect the coaches who applied and didn’t get the job here in their current job. How hard is that to figure out. Thanks JtJ for continuing using that protection and not posting. If that is made public, all applicants will know the next time not to apply here because the promised confidentiality is not maintained. You should cut some slack to CMD because of those involved in the hiring process on our end. If that is not good enough for you, sorry to say you probably can’t be helped.
    'SOME' assistants might be attracted to the job if they knew which HC applicants were attracted to the job.

13. Default Re: 2021-12-07 Desormeaux Press Conference

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    'SOME' assistants might be attracted to the job if they knew which HC applicants were attracted to the job.
    You missing the point . .

Default Re: 2021-12-07 Desormeaux Press Conference

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    My feeble brain cannot comprehend why that would be the case. Can you explain your line of reasoning, please?

15. Default Re: 2021-12-07 Desormeaux Press Conference

I already posted two names. If you’re not impressed by those, you can’t be impressed. And yes, it was to help people understand that we did not ‘USL’ anything.. The Fossil and the Swim coach are a long time ago people..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information